Windows 10: Mouse cursor freezes with two different mice after a few seconds of use

Discus and support Mouse cursor freezes with two different mice after a few seconds of use in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This problem just started on my Windows 10 machine. I have two different wireless mice. One is a Logitech, the other is, I think Red Dragon or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tyree, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Tyree Win User

Mouse cursor freezes with two different mice after a few seconds of use

This problem just started on my Windows 10 machine. I have two different wireless mice. One is a Logitech, the other is, I think Red Dragon or something like that (my son's gaming mouse). He first mentioned the issue with his mouse. We swapped batteries, same problem. So I tried the Logitech mouse. It worked for a while, now it has the same issue.

I have plugged the USB dongle into several ports, both USB 2 and 3. What happens is, if I turn the mouse off and on, or restart the PC, the mouse cursor will move for maybe 10 seconds, then it stops and will not move or respond to clicks.

I have tried updating the drivers (Windows say the best drivers are already in use). I have tried uninstalling the device, rebooting, and letting Windows find it again. Same issue.

I've also tried other "solutions" I've seen online, like disabling the mouse hide while typing and using the Windows troubleshooter. No luck. :-/

Any other ideas?

:)

Tyree, Nov 25, 2018
  2. kmlure Win User

Erratic or disappearing cursor with wireless mouse (mice)

I have seen numerous complaints but no solutions for wireless mice/mouse problems in Windows 10. The problem has existed for me since last fall 2016. I have tried 3 wireless mice including a Microsoft wireless mobile mouse 4000 and 2 Logitech mice M305 and
    M325. The Microsoft mouse is sluggish and the cursor takes a second to catch up with the mouse movement (erratic). Both Logitech mice have the disappearing cursor problem. I also checked both mice for current drivers.

The problems are not every day or all day. I can be USING the computer and the cursor disappears or becomes erratic/sluggish. Or the cursor will disappear after sleep.

I reset my computer 1 month ago which is time consuming and didnt help. I had no problem activating Windows after the reset, but had to reinstall many programs. And I did check for new drivers for both mice after resetting.

Please help Mouse cursor freezes with two different mice after a few seconds of use :)

W10 Home 64 bit Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063

No pen/touch

Intel Core i5-6400 cpu @2.70GHz.

12GB RAM

HP Envy 750-114

Ami A0.11 SM Bios 2.8 UEFI

kmlure, Nov 25, 2018
  3. niico Win User
    Windows 10 - Mouse pointer freezes every few seconds (tried multiple mice)

I have Windows 10 1803 - I just installed KB4340917, this was happening before that - and that didn't fix it.

About 24 hours ago (I've changed nothing) my mouse started freezing for 0.5 seconds at a time. If I move it round in small circles it will happen between 1 and 20 cycles round.

This happens on my Microsoft sculpt ergonomic mouse, and both Logitech MX Master 2 and MX Anywhere 2S - both on Bluetooth and via their different dongles. I've tried different surfaces (though this desk has worked fine for months).

I've tried everything on this list - none work:
    How to Fix All Your Windows 10 Mouse Issues

I have a Nuc 8i7HVK with 3 4K monitors.

I've unplugged all USB drives from the computer - no effect.

I've tried putting scaling down to 100% on all monitors - no effect.

I've tried uninstalling all mice, and re-installing in device manager (rolling back isn't an option). Doesn't work.

I've rebooted, I've unplugged all dongles from my system and put them in individually. I've turned bluetooth off and on. I don't own a wired mouse but buying one is my next trouble shooting step.

Any idea how I fix this without reinstalling Windows (which is insane)? It's too infuriating to use in this state.

Thanks.

UPDATE

I've noticed 4K videos played on YouTube are pausing every 10-20 seconds with a similar cadence to the mouse pauses - so I'm concluding this isn't a mouse issue but a whole system freezing issue.

niico, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Mouse cursor freezes with two different mice after a few seconds of use

Mouse hangs, freezes for a split second, every two seconds, when moving the cursor around the screen

Seems like after the latest fall update my mouse freezes, both if using touchpad or wired mouse.

Tried in safe mode, DOES NOT occur in safe mode.

Went through the WHOLE LIST of services and start up programs after a clean boot, one by one... could not find the problem.

Checked for updated drivers all updated. Still annoying stops freezes for a split second every few seconds when moving the cursor around the screen.

Do I just need to do a hard drive format and clean install?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers]

ExhibitorMR, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Mouse cursor freezes with two different mice after a few seconds of use

1. Mouse cursor freezes with two different mice after a few seconds of use - Similar Threads - Mouse cursor freezes

2. mouse and keyboard randomly freezing up for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse and keyboard randomly freezing up for a few seconds: Running Windows 11 and over the last month or so, the mouse and keyboard have started freezing up every 5 mins or so for a few seconds and it seems to be getting more frequent. Even typing this question the keyboard is doing it. I have seen this question asked on the MS...
  3. mouse and keyboard randomly freezing up for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse and keyboard randomly freezing up for a few seconds: Running Windows 11 and over the last month or so, the mouse and keyboard have started freezing up every 5 mins or so for a few seconds and it seems to be getting more frequent. Even typing this question the keyboard is doing it. I have seen this question asked on the MS...
  4. two mice with different speeds?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two mice with different speeds?: I have a weird one. When I'm on my desktop, I'm using my trackball connected via the kvm. When I'm on the laptop, and I want to control the internet radio, I have an old mouse connected through usb directly to the PC, so I can control volume of the music.The problem is that...
  5. two mice with different speeds?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two mice with different speeds?: I have a weird one. When I'm on my desktop, I'm using my trackball connected via the kvm. When I'm on the laptop, and I want to control the internet radio, I have an old mouse connected through usb directly to the PC, so I can control volume of the music.The problem is that...
  6. two mice with different speeds?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My Laptop freezes after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Laptop freezes after a few seconds: So my Acer Predator Helios 300 freezes after a few seconds when i turn it on. i cant access anything as i cant login. I have tried deinstalling the latest updates through a USB Boot, wich didnt work. and after nothing else worked i did a complete reset of the Laptop. I did...
  8. Mouse hangs, freezes for a split second, every two seconds, when moving the cursor around...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse hangs, freezes for a split second, every two seconds, when moving the cursor around...: I just went through an upgrade to Windows 10 and installed a SSD drive. Fresh install, not much on the machine only MS Office, Adobe Reader and Winzip Utilities Suite. All the drivers have been updated and still the mouse freezes for a split second, every two seconds...
  9. Mouse randomly freezing every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse randomly freezing every few seconds.: Lately I’ve noticed my mouse freezing every 20 or so seconds, and after a day or two the problem became worse and the mouse froze every 3 or 4 seconds. I have tried many solutions online to fix this problem, to no avail. I’ve uninstalled Realtek audio managed, and disabled...
  10. My Mouse freezes every few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Mouse freezes every few seconds: I do not know why but my mouse keeps freezing every few seconds for about 0.5 seconds. I have updated all my drivers and have looked at multiple videos, but nothing. Can you please help me on this?...