Windows 10: Mouse Cursor Freezing

Discus and support Mouse Cursor Freezing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I don't know if this is a repeat question, hopefully it isn't, but I'm not finding anything that looks like my situation. I use a drawing tablet and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Skourask, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Skourask Win User

Mouse Cursor Freezing

I don't know if this is a repeat question, hopefully it isn't, but I'm not finding anything that looks like my situation.

I use a drawing tablet and a mouse. As far as I can tell, this only occurs when I use the mouse, but it affects both. Occasionally the mouse will freeze, and I'll unplug the wire and put it back in. At other times, I'll unplug and re-plug it in, but it won't budge. When I try and use my tablet to move around, it won't move. Unplugging the mouse and then using the tablet won't work either. I power off and on the computer, which works, but it eventually happens again.

I'm one of those people who doesn't understand this stuff well, so hopefully this isn't an unreasonable thing I'm concerned about, but I can't find anything that isn't only focusing on the mouse itself.

:)

Skourask, Jan 19, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

No mouse cursor

Hi,

It is possible that the system did not recognize the mouse of your computer after it booted up. This can be the reason why you do not see the mouse cursor. Kindly perform a power cycle to refresh the power of the computer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Shutdown the computer.
    • After shutting it down, remove the battery (if you're using a laptop) and disconnect the computer from the charger.
    • Wait for 1 minute.
    • After 1 minute, attach the battery and turn on the computer.
    • Check if you will see the mouse cursor.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Jan 19, 2020
  3. kaziczek Win User
    The problem with the mouse. The cursor freezes

While browsing the web, the mouse cursor freezes. You need to reset the computer to continue to browse the web.

kaziczek, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Mouse Cursor Freezing

Mouse cursor keeps freezing

Hi Colin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• When does the mouse freeze?
    • Are you using a USB mouse or touchpad of laptop?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

However, you can try updating the mouse driver and check if that resolves the issue. Follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10
    to update the mouse drivers.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Mouse Cursor Freezing

1. Mouse Cursor Freezing - Similar Threads - Mouse Cursor Freezing

2. Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery [REDUX}

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery [REDUX}: This is the original post on Dec 22, 2022:New build PC. Mouse will occasionally freeze and is jittery while frozen. Switching to a different mouse has no affect. I use a Kensington Expert wireless trackball but I have tried removing it and it's associated software. Removed it...
  3. Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery [REDUX}

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery [REDUX}: This is the original post on Dec 22, 2022:New build PC. Mouse will occasionally freeze and is jittery while frozen. Switching to a different mouse has no affect. I use a Kensington Expert wireless trackball but I have tried removing it and it's associated software. Removed it...
  4. Slider for Mouse cursor speed setting freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slider for Mouse cursor speed setting freezes: When I go to mouse settings and adjust the cursor speed with slider, it freezes the window. Speed does change after a minute or two but window stays freezed. I wonder if this is irelated to the issue of my mouse being choppy and laggy.Same happens when I try this in...
  5. Mouse cursor freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor freezing: To start things off I use a Perixx peripad 704 wireless mouse. When I move my finger across the mouse pad the mouse cursor responds as it should but then it freezes a few seconds later. So what I do is run my finger quickly across the mouse to get it unstuck however a few...
  6. 20H2 Update - Cursor/Mouse freeze

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    20H2 Update - Cursor/Mouse freeze: Hi, My Dell XPS-13 7390 on W10 updated to 20H2 / 19042.867 yesterday, and now both the Trackpad and Mouse Microsoft Surface Mouse freeze every 10-20 seconds. I have tried updating all the drivers for both, all on latest version with no previous one to roll back to....
  7. mouse cursor freezing, sluggish

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse cursor freezing, sluggish: mouse cursor freezing, sluggish I'm using a Lo***ch mouse with right and left finger "pads" and a scroll wheel. [ATTACH] I've disguised the company name Lo***ch, because I have no evidence that the problem is caused by that particular brand. GLOSSARYLOL Move the cursor...
  8. Mouse cursor freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse cursor freeze: Hello, My mouse cursor freezes from time to time which is very annoying. I only use Windows for gaming purposes. I spent the last 2 months away from my Windows computer. I came back last week, played a bit and then did the updates I missed. I noticed the problem after I...
  9. Mouse cursor freezes/disappears Windows 10

Mouse cursor freezes/disappears Windows 10: Hi, I recently faced the problem of my mouse cursor randomly freezing, and sometimes disappearing. I've been using the same mouse for months before having this issue about 2 weeks ago, after I moved my PC setup to another room. When this happens, I have to plug my mouse to...
  10. The problem with the mouse. The cursor freezes

The problem with the mouse. The cursor freezes: While browsing the web, the mouse cursor freezes. You need to reset the computer to continue to browse the web. 63303