Windows 10: Mouse cursor gets pixelated and may vanish, upon changing pointer size

Discus and support Mouse cursor gets pixelated and may vanish, upon changing pointer size in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use multiple monitors and needed to increase the size of the mouse pointer to better find the whereabouts of the mouse. Recently, I keep observing my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by llinfeng, Jun 16, 2020.

1. llinfeng Win User

Mouse cursor gets pixelated and may vanish, upon changing pointer size

I use multiple monitors and needed to increase the size of the mouse pointer to better find the whereabouts of the mouse. Recently, I keep observing my mouse pointer getting pixelated across all its possible modes: be it a pointer, a capital-I shaped thing when I am in a text field, or a sandglass icon when it is waiting on something.) More recently, the mouse pointer will vanish completely should I stop moving the mouse (using a Thinkpad Trackpoint keyboard with its "red dot").

Both the problems will be "resolved", temporarily, should I change the size of the pointer via the ms-settings:easeofaccess-MousePointer setting page: I will get a sharp-looking pointer that does not vanish. I will upload a screenshot of the pixelated pointer should I observe it again. For now, a temporary solution is to change the pointer size when things go wrong manually.

My windows version is 2004, Build 19041.329. The problem, as I may recall vaguely, can be specific to this Windows version. I have also tried to re-install the driver for my graphic cards (I have two cards, GTX 970 and 1050, for 6 external monitors), which did not help.

PS: many thanks to Shawn Brink who posted the List of Shortcuts to Directly Open Pages in Settings in Windows 10. I can quickly go and change the size of the mouse pointer with one command Mouse cursor gets pixelated and may vanish, upon changing pointer size :)

:)

llinfeng, Jun 16, 2020

2. pointer size

Hi,

Open PC settings.

Step 2: Choose Ease of Access to enter its settings.

Step 3:Click Mouse, and choose new pointer size and color in the options.

Way 2: Change Mouse Pointer size and color in Mouse Properties.

Step 1: Click the lower-right Start button, type mouse in the search box and select Mouse in the results to open Mouse Properties.

Step 2: Tap Pointers, click down arrow, choose a scheme from the list and select OK.

Hope it works

Thank you

vanshitavanshita, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Change Pointer Color

Hello pmw0813

Please follow these methods

Method 1

Change them in PC settings.

Step 1: Open PC settings.

Step 2: Choose Ease of Access to enter its settings.

Step 3: Click Mouse, and choose new pointer size and color in the options.

Method 2

Change Mouse Pointer size and color in Mouse Properties.

Step 1: Click the lower-right Start button, type mouse in the search box and select Mouse in the results to open Mouse Properties.

Step 2: Tap Pointers, click down arrow, choose a scheme from the list and select OK.

Method 3

Change size and color of Mouse Pointer in Control Panel.

Step 1: Open Control Panel.

Step 2: Enter Ease of Access.

Step 3: Tap Change how your mouse works.

Step 4: Choose new mouse pointer in the options provided, and tap OK.

I hope it helps

Pedro V Flores, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Karen Her Win User

Can't change the mouse pointer size

Hi,

There are different ways to change or customize your mouse settings. You can try the steps below on how to change the settings of your mouse:

• Type Control Panel in the Search bar, and select
      Control Panel.
    • Go to Ease of Access.
    • Select Ease of Access Center.
    • Choose Make the mouse easier to use.
    • Under Mouse pointers, select Regular White or
      Regular Black or Regular Inverting to set it to the smallest size.
    • Hit the Apply button, then click OK.

If the first method won’t work, try these steps:

• Type Control Panel in the Search bar, and select
      Control Panel.
    • Type Mouse in the Search bar on the upper-right corner of the Control Panel window.
    • Select Mouse.
    • Go to the Pointers tab.
    • Under Scheme, click the drop-down arrow, and select
      (None).
    • Hit the Apply button, then select OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Mouse cursor gets pixelated and may vanish, upon changing pointer size - Similar Threads - Mouse cursor gets

2. Is there a way to create a shortcut to change mouse pointer size?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to create a shortcut to change mouse pointer size?: Hi folks, does anyone know of a way to create a shortcut to quickly increase the mouse pointer size and then toggle it back to normal size again? I know this can be changed in Settings but when there are a lot of online presentations it would be really helpful to have a...
  3. Is there a way to create a shortcut to change mouse pointer size?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to create a shortcut to change mouse pointer size?: Hi folks, does anyone know of a way to create a shortcut to quickly increase the mouse pointer size and then toggle it back to normal size again? I know this can be changed in Settings but when there are a lot of online presentations it would be really helpful to have a...
  4. Changing Mouse Pointer Size

Changing Mouse Pointer Size: Hello All: I Understand about % scaling of text and other things between multiple monitors. I have a 4k monitor, 2k one, and a 1080. You know what would be friggin awesome? A way to change the size of the mouse from 1 display to the other. So, that...
  5. Mouse Pointer and Pen Cursor

Mouse Pointer and Pen Cursor: Hi How to get mouse pointer or pen cursor appear in my screenshots and video recordings on my Surface Pro 4, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-and-pen-cursor/722f4637-5bbf-47f5-bf45-332ae69ecdfd
  6. Mouse Cursor vanishes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Cursor vanishes: Since upgrading to W10, my wireless mouse pointer keeps disappearing. Also, if typing, the place is lost. The cursor is disappearing to the right of the screen Moving the mouse brings it back. I have tried many suggestions to fix the problem but to no avail. The same problem...
  7. How to change Mouse pointer and cursor size, color & scheme on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Mouse pointer and cursor size, color & scheme on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The mouse pointer and cursor in Windows 10 are very important aspects of the operating system. This can be said for other operating systems as well, so in truth, they are not unique to Windows. Many users of the popular [...] This post How to change Mouse...
  8. How to change the mouse pointer size, mouse properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change the mouse pointer size, mouse properties: looking for mouse pointer properties. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-change-the-mouse-pointer-size-mouse/5781e25a-e477-4e72-b6ba-01264df8fe28
  9. Can't change mouse cursor. Upon reset: changes to default

Can't change mouse cursor. Upon reset: changes to default: For months - changing the cursor in Windows 10 has not been working. I have added cursor files, saved profiles, - but when I reset the computer, the cursor is the default win-10 cursor. I have never had this happen even once on any other version of Windows.. Are users...
  10. Increase the size of pointer Cursor questions

Increase the size of pointer Cursor questions: Is this possible? It seems to disappear or blend into the various websites and pages. Also really having issues with swipe function. Cursor jumps whi;e typing and then paragraph is gone and I don't believe I did anything....