Windows 10: mouse cursor hover over start menu bug

Discus and support mouse cursor hover over start menu bug in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi all, i have a new and annoying problem. whenever my mouse cursor hover over the start menu button the computer start processing (the mouse pointer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shachar carmel, Oct 4, 2018.

1. mouse cursor hover over start menu bug

hi all,
    i have a new and annoying problem.
    whenever my mouse cursor hover over the start menu button the computer start processing (the mouse pointer get that small blue circle next to it) and then my taskbar disappear, a second later the entire screen blinks and you can only see the wallpaper - like it is an Explorer bug of over processing or something like that. if you keep the cursor over the button it will keep on doing it over and over if you take the curser somewhere else quickly everything go back to normal.
    the start menu will not open by clicking on the button (it will using the windows key)

i'm using windows 10 pro and using a Dell latitude e7440 intel core i5 and 64 bit operation system.

any thoughts of how to solve it?

:)

shachar carmel, Oct 4, 2018
  2. asusrju Win User

Mouse pointer hides under Start Menu.

• Does the mouse respond when you click on the Start icon? Yes.
    • Does the issue persist when you hover your mouse over Start menu tiles?
      You cannot see the mouse over the Start Menu tiles. It show up behind the tiles like a shadow.
    • Do you face similar issue when you hover your mouse on other icons?No.
    I will try your suggestions and report back.

asusrju, Oct 4, 2018
  3. How Do You Disable Autoclick when Cursor is Hovering on Surface

Hi Simon,

Regarding your query on how to disable the mouse hover feature in Windows 10, please follow the steps below:

• Right click the Start menu.
    • Go to the Control Panel and click it.
    • Please select Ease of Access Centre option.
    • Choose Make mouse easier to use.
    • In That section, please uncheck Activate a Window by hovering over it with mouse.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Oct 4, 2018
  4. niksus Win User

mouse cursor hover over start menu bug

desktop problem: mouse hover selection is not under mouse cursor

I got the Anniversary Update a month or two back. And ever since I have this problem on desktop icons.
    The mouse hover selection is shifted away from cursor, in a way that the next icon is selected, not the one under cursor.
    9bwq07tNFyc

When I click, the icon with the hover selection is started, not the one under cursor.
    This only happens with desktop icons.

Tried to update drivers, but nothing's changed.

niksus, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

mouse cursor hover over start menu bug

1. mouse cursor hover over start menu bug - Similar Threads - mouse cursor hover

2. Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug: Hey,i have like some other people also this issue:When i hover with my mouse over some kind of volume bar can confirm on Spotify App Volume, Default Windows Volume, Youtube Browser Volume bar it either increases or decreases volume automatically. It somehow depends on the...
  3. Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse hover-over volume auto scroll bug: Hey,i have like some other people also this issue:When i hover with my mouse over some kind of volume bar can confirm on Spotify App Volume, Default Windows Volume, Youtube Browser Volume bar it either increases or decreases volume automatically. It somehow depends on the...
  4. Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button: Is there any way I can stop the mouse cursor from changing to a pointing hand whenever I'm hovering over a button in-game? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-change-to-hand-when-i-hover-over-a/bddda35d-c2c9-464e-ba6e-f0a5645236c8
  5. Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them: When I move my mouse cursor over ui elements in windows programs, they disapear and reapear. How can I stop this from happening? I have linked video footage of it occuring:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkxL2rStpR0...
  6. Mouse hover-over volume auto-scroll bug/issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse hover-over volume auto-scroll bug/issue: I have a weird problem with my mouse logitech anywhere 2. If I mouse-mover-over a scroll bar for instance youtube volume slider or a text file it auto-scolls automatically just by moving the pointer over it - if I go over volume slider is slides to the left, if I hover over a...
  7. Mouse cursor invisible when hovering pen over drawing tablet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse cursor invisible when hovering pen over drawing tablet: Hey guys! I recently saved a pre-Win10 non-Wacom drawing tablet from being thrown away and would like to use it on my non-touch notebook. Features and accuracy seem great to at least get started with digital drawing. The only issue I have, which makes is absolutely unusable...
  8. Menu and mouse hover text color bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Menu and mouse hover text color bug: Greetings, I've installed a clean version of Windows 10 today, and I have a strange color bug I have never seen before. The text in the menus are covered by colors, I can't see the text. When I hover the mouse, the mouse pop up text is also covered. I attach two screenshots...
  9. Start Menu closes automatically when hover mouse over it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu closes automatically when hover mouse over it: Click on start button. Move mouse up to menu. Mouse pointer briefly turns to spinning circle. Menu closes automatically. Same problem occurs for Notification menu. Same problem occurs if you right-click the desktop, choose Personalize, Settings window opens. Hover mouse...
  10. Cursor hover over application issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor hover over application issue: Hello friends, I recently switched to Windows 10 and it's been great so far but I've been having problems with one specific thing. I use VLC to listen to podcasts and I leave the VLC window behind all the rest of my windows since I don't need to touch it for any reason...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant mouse over start

2. windows 10 humming cursor over start menu

3. windows 10 cursor hover problems

4. cursor at rest triggers start menu,
  5. curser over start menu