Windows 10: Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery [REDUX}

Discus and support Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery [REDUX} in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; * Previous thread: Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery when frozenThis is the original post on Dec 22, 2022:New build PC. Mouse will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vonrd Js109, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery [REDUX}

* Previous thread: Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery when frozenThis is the original post on Dec 22, 2022:New build PC. Mouse will occasionally freeze and is jittery while frozen. Switching to a different mouse has no affect. I use a Kensington Expert wireless trackball but I have tried removing it and it's associated software. Removed it from Device manager. It still happens with a simple USB mouse. All mouse's mice? have been removed from Device Manager and PC restarted with the plain USB mouse. It still happens. I have gone through all the troubleshooting steps that I can

:)

Vonrd Js109, Feb 6, 2023

2. Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery when frozen

New build PC. Mouse will occasionally freeze and is jittery while frozen. Switching to a different mouse has no affect. I use a Kensington Expert wireless trackball but I have tried removing it and it's associated software. Removed it from Device manager. It still happens with a simple USB mouse. All mouse's (mice?) have been removed from Device Manager and PC restarted with the plain USB mouse. It still happens. I have gone through all the troubleshooting steps that I can find in Google searches. I suspect that some program will occasionally pop up and conflict with any mouse and cause this issue.

A video of the issue is here: Dropbox - IMG_0090.MOV - Simplify your life

A DxDiag is here: Dropbox - DxDiag.txt - Simplify your life

Vonrd Js109, Feb 6, 2023
  3. Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery when frozen

OK. I'll hold off on 11 for now and will just do the health check. I don't want to do it today since I have an important online session tonight and don't want to have any issues (other than the possible mouse one but it only seems to happen one or two times after PC startup then doesn't happen again).

BTW, I had Task Manager running the last time it happened and noticed the following processes active while I was jiggling the cursor:

• Desktop Window Manager
    • Win Explorer (of course)
    • Tablet Services
    • Client Server Runtime

Vonrd Js109, Feb 6, 2023
  4. Mooly Win User

Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery [REDUX}

Intermittent Freezing linked to Cursor movement

That sounds like a more deep seated issue, perhaps something you have installed is intermittently running and using all available resources.

It may be worth you opening Task Manager (Press Ctrl > Shift >Esc together) and see if anything unusual appears. This shows task manager, the spike was when I opened it, all is quiet afterwards. If you have lots of CPU or Disk activity then click the appropriate item and see what is using all the resources. You can also view the 'Processes' tab in Task Manager which will list what is using what.

Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery [REDUX} 167074d1512636511t-intermittent-freezing-linked-cursor-movement-tm.png

Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery [REDUX} 167075d1512636525t-intermittent-freezing-linked-cursor-movement-untitled2.png

Mooly, Feb 6, 2023
Thema:

Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery [REDUX}

1. Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery [REDUX} - Similar Threads - Mouse cursor intermittently

2. Mouse cursor keeps loading intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor keeps loading intermittently: Iv noticed that no matter what im doing the mouse cursor keeps loading intermittently as if its processing something whether my pc is sitting idle or browsing or if im watching a movie. How do I figure out whats causing this and stop it?...
  3. Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery [REDUX}

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery [REDUX}: This is the original post on Dec 22, 2022:New build PC. Mouse will occasionally freeze and is jittery while frozen. Switching to a different mouse has no affect. I use a Kensington Expert wireless trackball but I have tried removing it and it's associated software. Removed it...
  4. Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery [REDUX}

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery [REDUX}: This is the original post on Dec 22, 2022:New build PC. Mouse will occasionally freeze and is jittery while frozen. Switching to a different mouse has no affect. I use a Kensington Expert wireless trackball but I have tried removing it and it's associated software. Removed it...
  5. Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery when frozen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery when frozen: New build PC. Mouse will occasionally freeze and is jittery while frozen. Switching to a different mouse has no affect. I use a Kensington Expert wireless trackball but I have tried removing it and it's associated software. Removed it from Device manager. It still happens...
  6. Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery when frozen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery when frozen: New build PC. Mouse will occasionally freeze and is jittery while frozen. Switching to a different mouse has no affect. I use a Kensington Expert wireless trackball but I have tried removing it and it's associated software. Removed it from Device manager. It still happens...
  7. Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery when frozen

8. Mouse intermittently freezes or is jumpy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse intermittently freezes or is jumpy: Hi I have windows 10 on hp z220. I have wireless mouse and keyboard. This has been working well for over a year. Last week the cursor froze or was jumpy. I replaced batteries in mouse and keyboard, no different. I did system restore and all was well. Yesterday the same thing...
  9. Mouse intermittently freezes or is jumpy

Mouse intermittently freezes or is jumpy: Hi I have windows 10 on hp z220. I have wireless mouse and keyboard. This has been working well for over a year. Last week the cursor froze or was jumpy. I replaced batteries in mouse and keyboard, no different. I did system restore and all was well. Yesterday the same thing...
  10. Mouse intermittently freezes or is jumpy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware