Windows 10: Mouse cursor invisible when hovering pen over drawing tablet

Discus and support Mouse cursor invisible when hovering pen over drawing tablet in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys! I recently saved a pre-Win10 non-Wacom drawing tablet from being thrown away and would like to use it on my non-touch notebook. Features and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SpassInvader, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Mouse cursor invisible when hovering pen over drawing tablet

Hey guys!

I recently saved a pre-Win10 non-Wacom drawing tablet from being thrown away and would like to use it on my non-touch notebook. Features and accuracy seem great to at least get started with digital drawing. The only issue I have, which makes is absolutely unusable to me, is when the pen hovers above the pad, the mouse cursor/brush gets invisible and only shows again when applying pressure. This means that I have to guess the position of the pen until I actually draw on the canvas.

I believe this problem might be caused by Windows 10's support for touch screens and Surface Pens where a visible cursor is not wanted, since you'd already know your position on the screen. Though, they are completely irrelevant to my system. All solutions I found online were specific to fairly recent wacom tablets where a checkbox disables Windows Ink specifically.

Does anyone know a way to turn this function off and get older drawing tablets to work again?

Things I tried:

• Checking/unchecking all boxes in Windows Ink settings, including "Show Cursor", which, when unchecked hides the cursor even when drawing
    • Changing various settings in Control Panel -> Pen and Touch several
    • Disabling Windows Ink Workspace in Registry, which seems to just disable the pen icon in the task bar
    • Disabling TabletInputService in Windows Services - the only difference I noticed from this is that Windows Terminal doesn't get keyboard input anymore
    • GetAppxPackage -AllUsers in PowerShell to disable/remove Ink related packages but I couldn't find anything similar and also I'm afraid I might easily irreparably break things by doing so...
    submitted by /u/SpassInvader
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SpassInvader, Mar 23, 2021
  2. Mala_S Win User

XP-Pen Star06 drawing tablet- making it work with Windows 10

Hello graham.d,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Have you faced any issue while trying to connect the tablet to the PC?

The XP Pen Star06 is an excellent wireless graphics drawing tablet which lets you make your digital artwork more comfortable and fun. You will be able to transform your ideas into beautiful images. Kindly check with the steps
    listed below and see if it works.

To make your drawing tablet work with Windows 10,

• Simply connect the ISM 2.4G USB receiver into your computer to start drawing
      wirelessly. Else, connect the tablet to your computer with the USB cable provided.
    • Download the latest driver from the
      XP PEN website
      , for the tablet to function.
    • After successful installation of driver, a driver icon will appear in your system tray and on your desktop. If the driver isn’t present,
      Uninstall the driver and Reboot the machine before you
      repeat the same steps.

Additional Information: You may also refer to the User Manual

here
    for extra information about XP-Pen Star06 Drawing tablet.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Mar 23, 2021
  3. Huion h610 pro pen drawing when hovering

I've had my Huion h610 pro since Christmas of last year. It's been working perfectly fine, but now it's having issues. If my pen is hovering over the tablet, it starts drawing lines, and the green light on the tablet starts blinking. It also does this when I'm not even drawing. I've tried unplugging the usb cable, change the nib, restarting my laptop, and restarting the app I use, which is Autodesk Sketchbook.
    I should probably point out that I had to buy a new pen before the new year.
    I've read other answers to this problem, but I'm unable to unscrew anything on my pen. The nib bounces like it usually does when it's in the pen, so I don't think the pen is cracked. I'd much rather get this problem fixed than buy another tablet, so if someone could help, that would be much appreciated!

From_Time_Within, Mar 23, 2021
  4. Mouse cursor invisible when hovering pen over drawing tablet

Pointer invisible when using graphics tablet

I have non-touch screen laptop with Win10 build 14342.

I'm using garphic tablet, Wacom Intuos P S, and when I'm waving the pen above tablet's suface

the mouse pointer stays in the place I've started to moving the pen.

I can move the invisible pointer around (I can see the UI changes after hovering on something blindly).

Tablet drivers are installed. On previous versions of windows it was working correctly.

Actually it has worked on the windows 10 build without "windows ink workspace".

Any suggestions besides downgrading?

MarekNagrodzki, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

Mouse cursor invisible when hovering pen over drawing tablet

1. Mouse cursor invisible when hovering pen over drawing tablet - Similar Threads - Mouse cursor invisible

2. Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button: Is there any way I can stop the mouse cursor from changing to a pointing hand whenever I'm hovering over a button in-game? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-change-to-hand-when-i-hover-over-a/bddda35d-c2c9-464e-ba6e-f0a5645236c8
  3. Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button: Is there any way I can stop the mouse cursor from changing to a pointing hand whenever I'm hovering over a button in-game? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-change-to-hand-when-i-hover-over-a/bddda35d-c2c9-464e-ba6e-f0a5645236c8
  4. Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them: When I move my mouse cursor over ui elements in windows programs, they disapear and reapear. How can I stop this from happening? I have linked video footage of it occuring:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkxL2rStpR0...
  6. Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them: When I move my mouse cursor over ui elements in windows programs, they disapear and reapear. How can I stop this from happening? I have linked video footage of it occuring:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkxL2rStpR0...
  7. Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Cursor pauses when using drawing tablet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cursor pauses when using drawing tablet: I'm using a Surfacebook 2 with Windows 10 and have started using the Cintiq 16 tablet to draw with While using it, I can't make fine adjustments because the cursor will essentially pause until I move the pen a small distance from the center at which point it jumps from the...
  9. Huion drawing Tablet H420 won't use stylus cursor point when drawing and uses regular mouse...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Huion drawing Tablet H420 won't use stylus cursor point when drawing and uses regular mouse...: When I use a Huion Drawing tablet , for some reason it won't use the stylus cursor point and is stuck using the regular mouse cursor even when drawing and also using the desktop. This issue only happens when The driver for the drawing tablet from huion is used , if that...
  10. mouse cursor hover over start menu bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse cursor hover over start menu bug: hi all, i have a new and annoying problem. whenever my mouse cursor hover over the start menu button the computer start processing (the mouse pointer get that small blue circle next to it) and then my taskbar disappear, a second later the entire screen blinks and you can only...