Windows 10: Mouse cursor isnt there and keyboard doesnt register win 10

Discus and support Mouse cursor isnt there and keyboard doesnt register win 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I tried to log on today and my mouse cursor isnt there and my keyboard doesnt work the only thing that works is my volume up and down no keys are there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vyral, May 8, 2020.

1. Vyral Win User

Mouse cursor isnt there and keyboard doesnt register win 10

I tried to log on today and my mouse cursor isnt there and my keyboard doesnt work the only thing that works is my volume up and down no keys are there anything i can do?

:)

Vyral, May 8, 2020

2. Mouse Cursor and pad cursor - Acer Aspire Lap Top.

Hi Tess,

Based on the description that you mentioned, you're having challenges controlling the mouse cursor. It looks like we will need more information about your concern in order to give the most appropriate advice. As such, please answer the following questions:

• Did make any changes to your computer prior to this issue (e.g. updating Windows operating system, hardware changes, etc.)?
    • Can you please tell us more description of the behavior of the mouse cursor?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to the link below for helpful tips and steps on how you can resolve this issue:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows

We also suggest that you update the drivers in
    Windows 10
    as this process will apply new features and fixes that are essential to your hardware drivers.

We're looking forward to your response.

Lawrence Lib, May 8, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, May 8, 2020
  4. Orontech Win User

Win 10 registering mouse clicks on its own

I recently downloaded update 1909 on my Asus laptop and began noticing issues with the mouse afterwards (both the touchpad and a USB mouse). The issues have gotten progressively worse over time.

1. First noticeable issue was when I was browsing webpages I noticed that occasionally it would act as though I had clicked the mouse wheel on my USB mouse causing the pages to scroll horizontally or vertically with mouse movement.
    2. Second noticeable issue was left clicking to select a different browser tab (edge, firefox, and chrome) would close the tab similar to a mouse wheel click.
    3. Third noticeable issue spread beyond browsers into regular navigation of the OS. Mouse clicks would be recognized on the desktop but not work on any windows or the taskbar. I could move the cursor around on a window and where the cursor was would highlight,
      indicating that the location was being registered, but when clicking nothing would happen.
    4. Finally the OS has started registering clicks that are not occurring where ever the cursor is pointing.

Troubleshooting that I have already attempted based upon searches online:

• Tested multiple browsers (issues 1 and 2), including edge, firefox, and chrome.
    • Uninstalled, reinstalled, and updated the mouse and touchpad drivers
    • Disabled the touchpad with the manufacturer's keyboard function
    • Disabled the touchpad with device manager
    • Disabled the USB mouse with device manager
    • Disabled both the touchpad and the USB mouse with device manager (note: this seems to resolve issues, but obviously limits me to navigation by keyboard only)
    • Disconnected the USB mouse (note: this resolves if the touchpad is disabled in device manager as well, but again limits navigation to keyboard only)
    • Gone back to the previous version
    • Clean boot
    • Safe boot
    • Disabled all non-Microsoft services and startup apps in msconfig and task manager
    • Disabled all Microsoft services and startup apps in msconfig and task manager
    • Attempted to reset (both with and without keeping personal files) in recovery options (both fail instantly, leading me to believe that the restore points are now corrupted as well)
    • Verified click lock is not enabled in settings
    • Created a new administrator user account (note: somehow the new account has even worse issues and is unable to access the start menu at all)
    • Disconnected from the internet and verified remote desktop is disabled

My household has 2 of the exact same laptops (Asus FX-53VD) and the 2nd one has also started the progression of issues after installing the update (currently at issue 1).

I'm open to any suggestions or other troubleshooting tips. Thanks in advance.

Orontech, May 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Mouse cursor isnt there and keyboard doesnt register win 10 - Similar Threads - Mouse cursor isnt

2. My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help: My sister messed up my computer and now my cursor is slow and even at max speed its still slow, please help i have tried to fix it with google and nothing will work, does updating my pc fix it??? Help!...
  3. My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help: My sister messed up my computer and now my cursor is slow and even at max speed its still slow, please help i have tried to fix it with google and nothing will work, does updating my pc fix it??? Help!...
  4. Pc will not register keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc will not register keyboard and mouse: I was perfectly gaming with some friends up until when I restarted my pc. I go to type in my password and the keyboard and mouse both aren’t connecting. I’ve tried turning it off and on, launching bios keyboard doesn’t work to launch it, remove the cmos battery, check ram and...
  5. Pc will not register keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc will not register keyboard and mouse: I was perfectly gaming with some friends up until when I restarted my pc. I go to type in my password and the keyboard and mouse both aren’t connecting. I’ve tried turning it off and on, launching bios keyboard doesn’t work to launch it, remove the cmos battery, check ram and...
  6. Pc will not register keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Win 10, Mouse Cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10, Mouse Cursor: Hallo, how I can change the color (from whilte t0 black) and perhaps the form of Mouse-Pointer under win 10? 175165
  8. Win 10 registering mouse clicks on its own

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 registering mouse clicks on its own: I recently downloaded update 1909 on my Asus laptop and began noticing issues with the mouse afterwards both the touchpad and a USB mouse. The issues have gotten progressively worse over time. First noticeable issue was when I was browsing webpages I noticed that...
  9. Mouse and keyboard not registering

Mouse and keyboard not registering: I recently got given a pc. I went to reset the pc with the get rid of the file option but chose the one where I'm wanting to keep the pc. After it has reset the computer and said let's begin. Chose what region I'm in my cursor doesn't show and my keyboard doesn't respond....
  10. Mouse clicks and keyboard periodically not registering

Mouse clicks and keyboard periodically not registering: This is a common issue now that you don't seem to have any advice on. (You actually closed the other post about this issue, before offering any solutions). I'd prefer to not have waste my time to re-image entire PCs because of some BS problem that MS can't figure out...