Windows 10: Mouse cursor keeps freezing in Windows 10 even after following several steps

Discus and support Mouse cursor keeps freezing in Windows 10 even after following several steps in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Cursor keeps freezing intermittently even after: -- Updating the mouse driver Windows says that the driver is already updated -- Testing if there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Norefunds, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Norefunds Win User

Mouse cursor keeps freezing in Windows 10 even after following several steps

Cursor keeps freezing intermittently even after:

-- Updating the mouse driver Windows says that the driver is already updated

-- Testing if there are new Windows 10 updates there aren't

-- Unplugging and plugging the mouse from USB

-- Using a different USB port

-- Disabling or enabling "Hover over a window" and restarting the system

-- Disabling or enabling "Cursor precision" and restarting the system

-- Disabling or enabling "Cursor shadow" an restarting the system

-- Trying to run the mouse controller Intellipoint compatibility mode in win 8 or 7

It's a 2 months old Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500.

Other users describe the same problem in internet, but I didn' find any other solution than those above. Are there any others? It seems a Windows 10 problem.

:)

Norefunds, Jan 3, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Mouse cursor keeps freezing

Hi Colin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• When does the mouse freeze?
    • Are you using a USB mouse or touchpad of laptop?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

However, you can try updating the mouse driver and check if that resolves the issue. Follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10
    to update the mouse drivers.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 3, 2021
  3. mouse cursor is lagging

Mouse cursor keeps lagging in the following way: it freezes in place and then quickly moves to where my mouse is. I did usual troubleshooting steps...specifically updated mouse drivers, graphics card drivers,
    tried to plug the USB into a different port etc.
    I tried to work in a safe mode and the issue doesn’t occur there

DemarcusSDEaglin, Jan 3, 2021
  4. Mouse cursor keeps freezing in Windows 10 even after following several steps

Mouse Cursor and pad cursor - Acer Aspire Lap Top.

Hi Tess,

Based on the description that you mentioned, you're having challenges controlling the mouse cursor. It looks like we will need more information about your concern in order to give the most appropriate advice. As such, please answer the following questions:

• Did make any changes to your computer prior to this issue (e.g. updating Windows operating system, hardware changes, etc.)?
    • Can you please tell us more description of the behavior of the mouse cursor?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to the link below for helpful tips and steps on how you can resolve this issue:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows

We also suggest that you update the drivers in
    Windows 10
    as this process will apply new features and fixes that are essential to your hardware drivers.

We're looking forward to your response.

Lawrence Lib, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

Mouse cursor keeps freezing in Windows 10 even after following several steps

1. Mouse cursor keeps freezing in Windows 10 even after following several steps - Similar Threads - Mouse cursor keeps

2. The cursor does not follow mouse movements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The cursor does not follow mouse movements: I have applied all the recommended solutions, that is:* change batteries* change surface* change mouse* reboot PCThe only recommendation I have not applied is "to go back to the installation in which the mouse was acting appropriately", since then I should only use bare...
  3. The cursor does not follow mouse movements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The cursor does not follow mouse movements: I have applied all the recommended solutions, that is:* change batteries* change surface* change mouse* reboot PCThe only recommendation I have not applied is "to go back to the installation in which the mouse was acting appropriately", since then I should only use bare...
  4. Windows 10 keep freezing even after clean installation,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keep freezing even after clean installation,: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad E560 laptop with an Intel Core i7-6500 processor and 16GB of RAM. All I remember is that I attempted to install an AMD graphics driver along with an update. Following this, the laptop suddenly froze and now consistently freezes at the Windows logo...
  5. Windows 10 keep freezing even after clean installation,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 keep freezing even after clean installation,: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad E560 laptop with an Intel Core i7-6500 processor and 16GB of RAM. All I remember is that I attempted to install an AMD graphics driver along with an update. Following this, the laptop suddenly froze and now consistently freezes at the Windows logo...
  6. Windows 10 keep freezing even after clean installation,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Mouse cursor freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor freezing: To start things off I use a Perixx peripad 704 wireless mouse. When I move my finger across the mouse pad the mouse cursor responds as it should but then it freezes a few seconds later. So what I do is run my finger quickly across the mouse to get it unstuck however a few...
  8. Mouse cursor freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse cursor freeze: Hello, My mouse cursor freezes from time to time which is very annoying. I only use Windows for gaming purposes. I spent the last 2 months away from my Windows computer. I came back last week, played a bit and then did the updates I missed. I noticed the problem after I...
  9. Mouse cursor freezes/disappears Windows 10

Mouse cursor freezes/disappears Windows 10: Hi, I recently faced the problem of my mouse cursor randomly freezing, and sometimes disappearing. I've been using the same mouse for months before having this issue about 2 weeks ago, after I moved my PC setup to another room. When this happens, I have to plug my mouse to...
  10. Mouse Cursor Freezing

Mouse Cursor Freezing: I don't know if this is a repeat question, hopefully it isn't, but I'm not finding anything that looks like my situation. I use a drawing tablet and a mouse. As far as I can tell, this only occurs when I use the mouse, but it affects both. Occasionally the mouse will...