Windows 10: Mouse Cursor Looks Funky

Discus and support Mouse Cursor Looks Funky in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just noticed a few days ago that my mouse selection cursor looks funky. I dunno why it started to look this way, but it's really annoying. (It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Marron, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Marron Win User

Mouse Cursor Looks Funky

I just noticed a few days ago that my mouse selection cursor looks funky. I dunno why it started to look this way, but it's really annoying. (It's really big and unintuitive)
    Not only that, but it also looks funky when it's in "hand" state.
    Thankfully, it still looks OK in normal state.
    What should I do to fix that ?

Anyway, here's some screenshots.

Mouse Cursor Looks Funky [​IMG]

:)

Marron, Jul 16, 2015
  2. BobGroh Win User

Windows 10: mouse cursor disappears sometimes and just stops other times - very, very aggravating!

Actually your problem is EXACTLY the same as mine. And, unfortunately, my solution was not permanent! It's back! I'm pretty sure it is a funky bit of software - probably in the mouse driver. When I forced an install with a new, non-Microsoft mouse,
    the problem was fixed. Then I had a power outage which caused a 'blip' which, apparently, brought back the original Microsoft mouse driver. And now my 'disappearing' mouse cursor is back. Exactly the way you describe it. Annoying, to say the least. For
    now, I just grin and bear it. About a 1in 3 chance that, when waking up from 'sleep' that my cursor will be 'invisible'.

BobGroh, Jul 16, 2015
  3. Looking for a different color mouse cursor

Using the Mouse settings found in Control Panel —> All Control Panel Items —> Mouse, you can change the appearance of the cursor. You can use one of the preconfigured schemes (Modern, Black, Inverted) at four different sizes (small, medium, large, extra
    large). As for preconfigured schemes, inverted extra large may be your best bet. However, you can design/download a custom cursor and import it into one of the themes to create your own.

HaloRocker89, Jul 16, 2015
  4. Mouse Cursor Looks Funky

Have you looked at your pointer setting? You can do that by going to Cortana and typing "mouse properties", select "Change your mouse settings", at the bottom of the page select "additional mouse options", and go to the "Pointers" tab. See what happens when you change the pointer there.

fracking4oil, Jul 16, 2015
  5. Marron Win User
    Of course I did. But look what happened during the night ... :\
    Now even the normal mouse looks like that !

Marron, Jul 16, 2015
  6. enkakoo Win User
    Had the same issue. I believe it's tied to the nvidia driver that gets installed on windows build 10240. Installing the a previous driver seems to solve the problem for me. This happened a few minutes ago too.

enkakoo, Jul 17, 2015
  7. drbenak Win User
    Thanks Enkakoo, This issue was bugging the heck out of me.

Excellent find, back revving the driver to 352.84 fixed the problem.

drbenak, Jul 17, 2015
  8. Marron Win User

Mouse Cursor Looks Funky

353.30 works fine too. (I was on 353.50)

Marron, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Mouse Cursor Looks Funky

1. Mouse Cursor Looks Funky - Similar Threads - Mouse Cursor Looks

2. Mouse cursor dissappears

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse cursor dissappears: Hello, I often connect my laptop to my TV via hdmi. After latest update of my windows 10 (64) my cursor disappears from my laptop screen but is still visible on the tv screen. When I unplug from the tv, the cursor is still gone/invisible on my laptop screen and I need a full...
  3. Mouse cursor issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse cursor issues: I don't know what happened to my computer, right now my mouse cursor jumps every time I start typing. This happens with all apps, what could be the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-issues/e66586b9-50e2-4617-aadd-19a3fca2a255
  4. Mouse cursor disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor disappearing: Hello, I am using Win10 desktop with wired mouse; it's been working quite well for me until lately. I've had this Dell computer about 3 or so years, now. My mouse cursor has started to disappear at random times, only coming back when I rapidly move the mouse back and forth...
  5. Mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse cursor: So this happened recently and I have spent all day trying to figure it out! My mouse cursor is constantly blinking with that hourglass symbol next to it signifying its "working in the background" I have researched it a ton and cant fix it myself. From what I've gathered there...
  6. mouse cursor

mouse cursor: My cursor shows up on some pages, but it does not show up on Google pages. This just started this morning. How can I get the cursor to show up on my Google pages?...
  7. Mouse cursor

Mouse cursor: For some reason the mouse cursor now changes to horizontal bar with arrow at each end when hovering over highligted words, I much prefer the cursor to remain an arrow head, how do stop this horizontal bar occurring? I have tried changing the pointer but whatever pointer is...
  8. Mouse Cursor Stuck

Mouse Cursor Stuck: I just upgraded from 8.1 (brand new) and I can move my mouse cursor for a couple seconds then it freezes and starts showing a loading circle every few seconds. 12454
  9. Strange mouse cursor behaviour.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange mouse cursor behaviour.: When I hover the cursor over any folder which is not on the desktop, the blue circle flashes on and off a couple of times. When I close the folder it also flashes. This started happening a few days ago, but I can't relate it to anything I did.What can be causing this? 97651
  10. Cursor looks weird and jagged

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor looks weird and jagged: Ok I just got a new computer (asus m32) and installed windows 10 on it, and after installing all my apps and stuff, i added the cursor pack that i always use, and was met with this: [img] , after messing around trying to figure this out, i found that if i open magnifier,...