Windows 10: Mouse Cursor Looks Funky

Discus and support Mouse Cursor Looks Funky in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just noticed a few days ago that my mouse selection cursor looks funky. I dunno why it started to look this way, but it's really annoying. (It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Marron, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Marron Win User

Mouse Cursor Looks Funky

I just noticed a few days ago that my mouse selection cursor looks funky. I dunno why it started to look this way, but it's really annoying. (It's really big and unintuitive)
    Not only that, but it also looks funky when it's in "hand" state.
    Thankfully, it still looks OK in normal state.
    What should I do to fix that ?

Anyway, here's some screenshots.

Mouse Cursor Looks Funky [​IMG]

:)

Marron, Jul 16, 2015
  2. BobGroh Win User

Windows 10: mouse cursor disappears sometimes and just stops other times - very, very aggravating!

Actually your problem is EXACTLY the same as mine. And, unfortunately, my solution was not permanent! It's back! I'm pretty sure it is a funky bit of software - probably in the mouse driver. When I forced an install with a new, non-Microsoft mouse,
    the problem was fixed. Then I had a power outage which caused a 'blip' which, apparently, brought back the original Microsoft mouse driver. And now my 'disappearing' mouse cursor is back. Exactly the way you describe it. Annoying, to say the least. For
    now, I just grin and bear it. About a 1in 3 chance that, when waking up from 'sleep' that my cursor will be 'invisible'.

BobGroh, Jul 16, 2015
  3. Looking for a different color mouse cursor

Using the Mouse settings found in Control Panel —> All Control Panel Items —> Mouse, you can change the appearance of the cursor. You can use one of the preconfigured schemes (Modern, Black, Inverted) at four different sizes (small, medium, large, extra
    large). As for preconfigured schemes, inverted extra large may be your best bet. However, you can design/download a custom cursor and import it into one of the themes to create your own.

HaloRocker89, Jul 16, 2015
  4. Mouse Cursor Looks Funky

Have you looked at your pointer setting? You can do that by going to Cortana and typing "mouse properties", select "Change your mouse settings", at the bottom of the page select "additional mouse options", and go to the "Pointers" tab. See what happens when you change the pointer there.

fracking4oil, Jul 16, 2015
  5. Marron Win User
    Of course I did. But look what happened during the night ... :\
    Now even the normal mouse looks like that !

Marron, Jul 16, 2015
  6. enkakoo Win User
    Had the same issue. I believe it's tied to the nvidia driver that gets installed on windows build 10240. Installing the a previous driver seems to solve the problem for me. This happened a few minutes ago too.

enkakoo, Jul 17, 2015
  7. drbenak Win User
    Thanks Enkakoo, This issue was bugging the heck out of me.

Excellent find, back revving the driver to 352.84 fixed the problem.

drbenak, Jul 17, 2015
  8. Marron Win User

Mouse Cursor Looks Funky

353.30 works fine too. (I was on 353.50)

Marron, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Mouse Cursor Looks Funky

1. Mouse Cursor Looks Funky - Similar Threads - Mouse Cursor Looks

2. Windows 10 cursor doing some funky stuff

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 cursor doing some funky stuff: My cursor started doing some weird stuff. When I try to highlight some text, it starts highlighting about one char to the right and about half a line down. Basically, the cursor points to a spot but selects about a couple of mms to the right and down. This happens when using...
  3. Windows 10 cursor doing some funky stuff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 cursor doing some funky stuff: My cursor started doing some weird stuff. When I try to highlight some text, it starts highlighting about one char to the right and about half a line down. Basically, the cursor points to a spot but selects about a couple of mms to the right and down. This happens when using...
  4. Windows 10 cursor doing some funky stuff

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse cursor not looking normal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor not looking normal: Mouse cursor has some dots on the side, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-not-looking-normal/104760b1-6fa3-448e-a4fd-d97d09b0c957
  6. Mouse cursor not looking normal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor not looking normal: Mouse cursor has some dots on the side, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-not-looking-normal/104760b1-6fa3-448e-a4fd-d97d09b0c957
  7. Mouse cursor not looking normal

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. funky file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    funky file: i found a file on one drive it is unconfirmed21254.crdownload does anyone what this is?....thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/funky-file/4f7a84e2-739b-4604-a4dd-8a0282e1e7a6
  9. change cursor look

change cursor look: I recently changed the look of my cursor and now want to change it back. How can I do this please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-cursor-look/786976be-d6c5-4e5c-ac06-9fb80d96d545
  10. Funky Mouse on Keyboard

Funky Mouse on Keyboard: Every time I swipe from left to right on my mouse, the task bar appears. How do I turn this off? Also, randomly my mouse on the screen will freeze and then swipe across the entire screen pressing things I didn't press. Can anyone help with this? Thanks!...