Windows 10: Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

Discus and support Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi!A well known issue, with a lot of advice to be found, but nevertheless I can't fix it.The mouse cursor starts moving rapidly, mostly horizontally,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Michael.Hö, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

Hi!A well known issue, with a lot of advice to be found, but nevertheless I can't fix it.The mouse cursor starts moving rapidly, mostly horizontally, back and forth. Sometimes the user it's not me can use the laptop for an hour or two without any problem, sometimes it starts after only a few minutes.The user had no problems using the mouse with his old laptop. He actually never uses the touch-pad.It's a new Thomson laptop, with Windows 10 Family, version 20H2, 64 bit.When the problem started, he bought a new mouse, but the issue persists.The two mice are clean, there's no dust or anything.No

:)

Michael.Hö, Dec 14, 2021

2. Microsoft arc mouse moves erratically

Hello,

I'm using a Dell - windows 10 64 bit OS. The arc mouse moves erratically all over the screen as I try to move the mouse.

I've tried the following:

• windows update - latest
    • uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled from the microsoft download center.
    Any ideas are gladly welcome!

Regards,

Jaguareyes, Dec 14, 2021
  3. erratic cursor

erratic cursor stops typing and moves to top left or right I have changed to a wired mouse from wireless but still happens with and with out mouse, cannot get any thing done

John

JSaunders 51, Dec 14, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

Mouse Moving Erratically

Hi, FWIW my Logitech driver is also from 2006...

When did this problem start?
    When your mouse last worked properly, what was different?
    Have you tried with a different mouse?
    How is your mouse connected to your PC?

There are numerous threads on tenforums related to
    erratic mouse
    if you care to search.

E.g.
    Erratic mouse movements
    Mouse pointer moving erratically

and more... these may give you some ideas.

dalchina, Dec 14, 2021
Thema:

Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

1. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen - Similar Threads - Mouse cursor moves

2. Cursor moves erratically or not at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor moves erratically or not at all.: Using Lenovo MK820z all in one WIN 11 Pro 64 bit with Microsoft Wireless comfort keyboard 5000 and Microsoft wireless mouse 5000. Aggravating as hell - please help...
  3. Cursor moves erratically or not at all.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor moves erratically or not at all.: Using Lenovo MK820z all in one WIN 11 Pro 64 bit with Microsoft Wireless comfort keyboard 5000 and Microsoft wireless mouse 5000. Aggravating as hell - please help...
  4. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen: Hi!A well known issue, with a lot of advice to be found, but nevertheless I can't fix it.The mouse cursor starts moving rapidly, mostly horizontally, back and forth. Sometimes the user it's not me can use the laptop for an hour or two without any problem, sometimes it starts...
  5. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen: Hi!A well known issue, with a lot of advice to be found, but nevertheless I can't fix it.The mouse cursor starts moving rapidly, mostly horizontally, back and forth. Sometimes the user it's not me can use the laptop for an hour or two without any problem, sometimes it starts...
  6. mouse cursor erratic and impossible to control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse cursor erratic and impossible to control: How to fix an erratic mouse movement in windows 10. HP computer was upgraded to win 10 edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-erratic-and-impossible-to-control/c59f3585-24f8-4b34-9605-caabde89672c
  7. Cursor moving erratically on the screen

Cursor moving erratically on the screen: The cursor on my screen has started moving erratically lately. It happens randomly. One moment my cursor will be behaving itself for a few hours and then all of a sudden, it'll start moving erratically all over the screen. There are even visuals on the screen that looks like...
  8. Mouse pointer moving erratically

Mouse pointer moving erratically: Hello: I have just installed Microsoft Precision mouse in a cleanly installed Windows 10, v 1909 with the help of a member of this forum (hsehestedt, thanks again). However, I now have a problem that I did not have in v 1803, namely, the pointer is stopping, then jumping...
  9. My mouse/cursor stutters when I move it across the screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My mouse/cursor stutters when I move it across the screen?: I updated my graphics card and noticed my mouse was stuttering and lagging whenever I moved it across the screen. The problem persists on the touchpad as well. This hasn’t happened before and I’m not sure how to troubleshoot this. Any help is appreciated! Edit: Just to...
  10. Erratic mouse cursor behavior.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Erratic mouse cursor behavior.: My mouse is having a tendency to chage icons when transitioning from windows or over text. Gets stuck on different cusor icons and sometimes two parallel lines that are vertical. Ive checked windows updates and even done a reset of the pc resetting the OS....