Windows 10: Mouse cursor moves on it's own??.?

Discus and support Mouse cursor moves on it's own??.? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So me and my little sister have been freaking out over our new system acting weird. Today she left her laptop open to get back in home later and find... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kays, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Kays Win User

Mouse cursor moves on it's own??.?

So me and my little sister have been freaking out over our new system acting weird. Today she left her laptop open to get back in home later and find out the cursor moving as if someone had remote access and took over the cursor and opened many programs I don't know how a hacker would use them (disk management, 2 MSpaint windows, though the camera was open and the Internet Security was turned off, which is why I'm paranoid).

Upon further inspection the cursor moving as if it had no purpose. Moving everywhere on screen doing left and right click with no definitive pattern so I thought maybe the usb touch tablet was causing the problem since it had a wire over it and causing false input signal. So I intentionally unplugged the tablet without disconnecting from internet and it stopped acting ever since.

But I did not stop there. I've done a full system check "processes, services, "netstat -ano" in command prompt, msconfig, etc" and found nothing suspicious. What I have found instead is when I did a full system scan the security software (Which is Eset Internet Security and Malwarebytes, in this case) and it detected the following thread.

Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.d

Or

Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google

I did my research and apparently it's a PUP that came from an application named Ccleaner and defraggler I installed in her laptop, which is weird since Eset did not give me Any warnings when installing.

Can this object be used for remote access to other computers? and can a hacker really access in our computer just like that even though eveything is up to date?

:)

Kays, Oct 8, 2017

2. Mouse cursor lag and slow down occasionally

Recently, I am encountering a mouse cursor lag problem on my PC (Win10)

The cursor occassionally lags when I move the mouse consistently

Demonstration:
    http://i.imgur.com/03kbZJx.gifv

In the demonstration, I moved my mouse consistently towards right, but cursor stops moving at few instances

My mouse is Logitech G502, I believe my mouse has no problem because I tried it with my laptop (Win10) and it worked perfectly fine, the cursor never lagged and movement is consistent.

Any suggestions?

Theresonly1cryo, Oct 8, 2017
  3. Mouse cursor moves around when typing on Windows 10.

Me too! Thanks!

NotATechie700, Oct 8, 2017
  4. Mouse cursor moves on it's own??.?

Malware used by hackers, like fileless malware, is usually undetected by AVs.
    Security turned off, mspaint used for screenshots, etc, that definitely sounds like you have been hacked.
    You mention CCleaner, make sure you do not have version 5.33, which was infected and update it.

Use Autoruns and disable any suspicious entries in Logon/Scheduled Tasks/Services/Boot Execute/AppInit.
    Install other firewall or Firewall Software by GlassWire , which provides a better GUI for Windows Firewall.

Try other tools for scanning like RKill, HitmanPro 3.7, Kaspersky virus removal tool and tdsskiller.

TairikuOkami, Oct 8, 2017
  5. Kays Win User
    Thanks Okami, so far non of the programs you mentioned showed any signed of potential thread.

mspaint was open, probably because she put the icon in the desktop. The touch tablet was glitching so we have to take that into consideration as well. The cursor was moving all around rapidly clicking both mouse buttons (left/right).

Today I plugged the USB tablet "wacom intuos5, if you're wondering" and after rubbing it's usb cable over the active area and the pointer start acting again, just not as it did before.

Regarding autoruns, logon showed one cmd.exe and two n/a entry claims to be windows host process (c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe)

Scheduled task showed gathernetworkinfo.vbs, I don't know what that is.

services showed nothing suspecious, all of programs I installed.

Both boot execute and appinit showed nothing.

I'll upload a screenshot if you want to.

EDIT: Ccleaner version is 5.35

Kays, Oct 8, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    Is it a cabled mouse? Maybe the cable slid slightly off the desk. Some cables take ages for the kinks in new cables to go away.

swarfega, Oct 8, 2017
  7. Kays Win User
    The product is a drawing tablet with touch capabilities, not a mouse. Apparently mods aren't fans of hotlinking pictures so I couldn't show you a picture.

Bought it in 2012, then passed it down to my sister 2 years later, so now it's 5 years old.

Mouse cursor moves on it's own??.? [​IMG]

Mouse cursor moves on it's own??.? [​IMG]

Kays, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mouse cursor moves on it's own??.?

1. Mouse cursor moves on it's own??.? - Similar Threads - Mouse cursor moves

2. Mouse moving on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse moving on its own: Hello everyone. So my mouse is moving on its own and at first i thought it was the mouse itself or my mousepad but have concluded that they aren't the problem because normally when i turn on my pc it'll be fine and the mouse works like normal but sometimes out of nowhere it...
  3. Persistent issue: My mouse cursor moved on its own.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Persistent issue: My mouse cursor moved on its own.: I use a 'Windows 10 Home 64 bit OS' on a 'Dell Inspiron 7373', touch screen laptop. The problem is that my mouse cursor moves to the top right part of the screen on its own. This is a persistent issue and leads to great difficulty while working apart from being extremely...
  4. Persistent issue: My mouse cursor moved on its own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent issue: My mouse cursor moved on its own.: I use a 'Windows 10 Home 64 bit OS' on a 'Dell Inspiron 7373', touch screen laptop. The problem is that my mouse cursor moves to the top right part of the screen on its own. This is a persistent issue and leads to great difficulty while working apart from being extremely...
  5. Persistent issue: My mouse cursor moved on its own.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Cursor started moving on it's own

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cursor started moving on it's own: Hello,My friend tried to download from sketchy website. It was a zip file, however never opened it, deleted right away. But 10 minutes later, cursor started moving on it's own, it wasn't like jumping/glitching, but it seemed like a human controlled smooth movement but it was...
  7. Mouse Cursor Moving on its own

Mouse Cursor Moving on its own: So I installed a ssd in my pc just today. Turned on my pc and now my mouse cursor is moving whenever it feels like it. I tried all the tips online like updating the drivers, turning off show mouse when typing, everything but it keeps moving and it’s extremely frustrating. I...
  8. Mouse cursor moving on its own.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse cursor moving on its own.: So I noticed that with my new laptop, the cursor will randomly move or somewhere on the screen by itself. And just now the Minecraft launcher opened by itself. I'm in the bed watching TV, not touching anything with the laptop. Is this normal? I looked it up and I saw some...
  9. CURSOR MOVES ON ITS OWN

CURSOR MOVES ON ITS OWN: I am so frustrated. Suddenly my cursor moves around the page on its own! while typing a letter or email, should I stop to check on something relative to my work and start typing again, only to find the cursor is in a totally different area than where I left off!! IT JUST...
  10. Cursor is moving on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor is moving on its own: I installed Windows 10 on my laptop Asus A45vd. And find out that when I use the touchpad, cursor is moving without any interference on my side. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-is-moving-on-its-own/638607bd-e29e-47ab-988f-eee61e4ea569

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cursor moves on its own even when mouse is turned off

2. windows 10 cursor moves on own