Windows 10: Mouse Cursor Moving on its own

Discus and support Mouse Cursor Moving on its own in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I installed a ssd in my pc just today. Turned on my pc and now my mouse cursor is moving whenever it feels like it. I tried all the tips online like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrettParky, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Mouse Cursor Moving on its own

So I installed a ssd in my pc just today. Turned on my pc and now my mouse cursor is moving whenever it feels like it. I tried all the tips online like updating the drivers, turning off show mouse when typing, everything but it keeps moving and it’s extremely frustrating. I even tried different mice. BTW my mouse is wireless I tried my mouse in wired mode as well and that still didn’t work. Any suggestions?

:)

BrettParky, Jul 14, 2021

2. Mouse Cursor Moving Spontaneously

Hey All,

I have an MSI GE72 2QD Apache Pro laptop with Windows 10 64-Bit OS. I use a wireless Logitech M510 mouse.

My problem is that my mouse cursor will move spontaneously at different times and start randomly clicking on things. Super annoying.

Things I have done to try to revert the issue:

• Made sure my drivers for both the touchpad and wireless mouse were fully updated.
    • Rolled-back the drivers to see if that would fix the problem.
    • Completely uninstalled the drivers and then reinstalled them.
    • Disabled the touchpad, which does work, but I don't want to keep it this way.
    Since disabling the touchpad is the only thing that seems to work, I am thinking it has something to do with that.

Any suggestions or tips that might resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Johnw28020, Jul 14, 2021
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    No mouse cursor

Hi,

It is possible that the system did not recognize the mouse of your computer after it booted up. This can be the reason why you do not see the mouse cursor. Kindly perform a power cycle to refresh the power of the computer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Shutdown the computer.
    • After shutting it down, remove the battery (if you're using a laptop) and disconnect the computer from the charger.
    • Wait for 1 minute.
    • After 1 minute, attach the battery and turn on the computer.
    • Check if you will see the mouse cursor.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Jul 14, 2021
  4. cfourkays Win User

Mouse Cursor Moving on its own

WIFI mouse (mouses?) not working. Cursor not moving.

Windows 10 Pro Insider
    Have a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse and Logitech M510 that are installed. Both had been working.
    Now cursor does not move with either mouse. Wired mouses OK.
    With Logitech only, can click left or right depending on cursor placement moving cursor with wired mouse.
    Sculpt mouse clicks do not work.
    Both recognized in "Bluetooth and other devices. Had been working.

Wired mouse works OK.
    Have Logitech K800 Keyboard that is working.
    Fresh batteries in both.

Very, very strange.*Huh

Pete

cfourkays, Jul 14, 2021
Thema:

Mouse Cursor Moving on its own

1. Mouse Cursor Moving on its own - Similar Threads - Mouse Cursor Moving

2. Mouse moving on its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse moving on its own: Hello everyone. So my mouse is moving on its own and at first i thought it was the mouse itself or my mousepad but have concluded that they aren't the problem because normally when i turn on my pc it'll be fine and the mouse works like normal but sometimes out of nowhere it...
  3. Mouse moving on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse moving on its own: Hello everyone. So my mouse is moving on its own and at first i thought it was the mouse itself or my mousepad but have concluded that they aren't the problem because normally when i turn on my pc it'll be fine and the mouse works like normal but sometimes out of nowhere it...
  4. Mouse moving on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Persistent issue: My mouse cursor moved on its own.

Persistent issue: My mouse cursor moved on its own.: I use a 'Windows 10 Home 64 bit OS' on a 'Dell Inspiron 7373', touch screen laptop. The problem is that my mouse cursor moves to the top right part of the screen on its own. This is a persistent issue and leads to great difficulty while working apart from being extremely...
  6. Mouse cursor moving on its own.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse cursor moving on its own.: So I noticed that with my new laptop, the cursor will randomly move or somewhere on the screen by itself. And just now the Minecraft launcher opened by itself. I'm in the bed watching TV, not touching anything with the laptop. Is this normal? I looked it up and I saw some...
  7. CURSOR MOVES ON ITS OWN

CURSOR MOVES ON ITS OWN: I am so frustrated. Suddenly my cursor moves around the page on its own! while typing a letter or email, should I stop to check on something relative to my work and start typing again, only to find the cursor is in a totally different area than where I left off!! IT JUST...
  8. Mouse moving on its own

Mouse moving on its own: I was looking on chrome for Minecraft skins and then out of no where my mouse stopped working properly, This started after an update icon appeared on my tray at the bottom right corner, It does not move when I lock the touch pad, It may be my computer but I have done nothing...
  9. Cursor is moving on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor is moving on its own: I installed Windows 10 on my laptop Asus A45vd. And find out that when I use the touchpad, cursor is moving without any interference on my side. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-is-moving-on-its-own/638607bd-e29e-47ab-988f-eee61e4ea569
  10. Mouse cursor moves on it's own??.?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mouse cursor moves on it's own??.?: So me and my little sister have been freaking out over our new system acting weird. Today she left her laptop open to get back in home later and find out the cursor moving as if someone had remote access and took over the cursor and opened many programs I don't know how a...