Windows 10: Mouse cursor moving to top left corner of screen when alt tabbing out of fullscreen games.

Discus and support Mouse cursor moving to top left corner of screen when alt tabbing out of fullscreen games. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have tried many things to fix this including restarting, installing windows updates, unplugging and reinstalling my mouse along with reinstalling my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Marco Zeva, Aug 28, 2022.

1. Mouse cursor moving to top left corner of screen when alt tabbing out of fullscreen games.

I have tried many things to fix this including restarting, installing windows updates, unplugging and reinstalling my mouse along with reinstalling my mouse drivers ,along with all of the fixes mentioned in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-moving-to-the-top-left-corner-of-the/f4b0d3a6-a869-4478-bdfa-f9cd5f52c30eHowever, none of that has worked for me and after some tinkering I found that while device manager or task manager were open, the issue would not occur when alt tabbing out of fullscreen applications. I am on the latest version of windows

:)

Marco Zeva, Aug 28, 2022
  2. Shparmy Win User

Alt-Tabbing from Fullscreened games causes unaligned cursor

So I noticed this when right after I downloaded Windows 10 that when I alt-tab from video games on fullscreen and alt-tab back in, my cursor will read slightly to the left of where it actually is on the screen. What I've noticed when I alt-tab is that all my maximized windows on the desktop are also shrunk about as much as my cursor is off while in game.

System Spec

Computer typeMouse cursor moving to top left corner of screen when alt tabbing out of fullscreen games. :pC/Desktop
    CPU:AMD FX 6300 6core
    Motherboard:MSI 970 Gaming
    Memory:8G
    Graphics Card(s):AMD Radeon 7700

I am also using the AMD Catalyst Control Center program to make my desktop fit on screen, as I'm using a 32inch Samsung flat screen as my monitor at the moment. Resolution set at 1920x1080.

If you need any other information at all, I'll try my best to get it to you. Hopefully someone has an answer or at least an explanation!

Shparmy, Aug 28, 2022
  3. Akscape Win User
    Mouse Keeps Flashing To Top Left Corner

Hello!
    I am having troubles with my mouse.
    I am currently on Windows 10 and have just encountered a problem.
    It started when I closed down a tab and the mouse flashed to the top left corner of my screen, now as soon as I move the mouse it instantly moves it back. Something weird is sometimes when I open up a different tab for example a game, the mouse does the exact same thing but in the middle of the screen. I have tried unplugging and re-plugging the mouse back in AND Turning On and Off The Snap On mouse feature.
    Please Help!
    Thanks Mouse cursor moving to top left corner of screen when alt tabbing out of fullscreen games. :)

Akscape, Aug 28, 2022
  4. Mouse cursor moving to top left corner of screen when alt tabbing out of fullscreen games.

Mouse Cursor Shoots to top left corner of screen

Have you checked any of the Related Content that your thread has found for you? This seems to be common problem for Dell users.

Actually I was curious if any of several similar incidents that I contributed to would show up that way. Maybe they were too old. Usually I would mention Mousekeys as a workaround... Here's one:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-tms/usb-mouse-cursor-dragged-off-screen/b54e34ed-95c1-4c75-bafa-607cb98d19a7

Try to find a less disruptive workaround. If it seems as if the pointer is being dragged away from you as you move it I think Mousekeys could help. Press LeftAlt+LeftShift+NumLock and hold until you see a prompt to start it.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Aug 28, 2022
Thema:

Mouse cursor moving to top left corner of screen when alt tabbing out of fullscreen games.

1. Mouse cursor moving to top left corner of screen when alt tabbing out of fullscreen games. - Similar Threads - Mouse cursor moving

2. Mouse pointer moving to the top left or right corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer moving to the top left or right corner of the screen: When going fullscreen in a game which requires using mouse as aim the mouse cursor moves up to top right or left corner of screen when i press esc or open menu ingame...
  3. Mouse pointer moving to the top left or right corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer moving to the top left or right corner of the screen: When going fullscreen in a game which requires using mouse as aim the mouse cursor moves up to top right or left corner of screen when i press esc or open menu ingame...
  4. Mouse cursor automatically scrolling up, selecting TOP LEFT CORNER and CURSOR MOVING...

Mouse cursor automatically scrolling up, selecting TOP LEFT CORNER and CURSOR MOVING...: Hi, i am having HP lap 15s-fq , windows 11Every time wen i am opening my system, the selection automatically goes to TOP LEFT corner. While typing CURSOR moves randomly. Tried most of the available solutions. 1.Reinstalled touch pad drivers and energy management...
  5. Mouse cursor moving to top left corner of screen when alt tabbing out of fullscreen games.

Mouse cursor moving to top left corner of screen when alt tabbing out of fullscreen games.: I have tried many things to fix this including restarting, installing windows updates, unplugging and reinstalling my mouse along with reinstalling my mouse drivers ,along with all of the fixes mentioned in this thread:...
  6. Mouse keeps moving to top left corner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse keeps moving to top left corner: My mouse keeps moving by itself to the top left corner of my PC. I've replaced my mouse and the problem continues.The touch screen is also somewhat temperamental.Windows 10.Thank you for your assistance....
  7. Mouse keeps moving to top left corner

Mouse keeps moving to top left corner: My mouse keeps moving by itself to the top left corner of my PC. I've replaced my mouse and the problem continues.The touch screen is also somewhat temperamental.Windows 10.Thank you for your assistance....
  8. Mouse keeps moving to top left corner

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Mouse pointer moving to the top left corner of the screen after pressing "alt" and "tab" at...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer moving to the top left corner of the screen after pressing "alt" and "tab" at...: I have not had any issues with my mouse pointer before this but this issue started today. Upon pressing alt and tab at the same time to switch between my tabs I've noticed that the mouse pointer goes to the top left of the screen. This does not happen all the time though and...
  10. Mouse pointer automatically moves to the top left corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer automatically moves to the top left corner of the screen: My mouse pointer automatically moves to the top left corner of the screen. Restarting the computer does not help. Even when the mouse is unplugged the pointer still moves. It moves to the left slowly but up quickly, almost instantly. I am on a desktop PC with no touchscreen...