Windows 10: Mouse cursor not locked to crosshair in UWP applications.

Discus and support Mouse cursor not locked to crosshair in UWP applications. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My mouse cursor isn't locked to my crosshair when I'm unpaused from Minecraft or other apps. I've tried reinstalling Minecraft, no good. Restarting my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CryptoKey98, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Mouse cursor not locked to crosshair in UWP applications.

My mouse cursor isn't locked to my crosshair when I'm unpaused from Minecraft or other apps. I've tried reinstalling Minecraft, no good. Restarting my PC, no good.

Resetting UWP apps seems to not work either;

Add-AppxPackage -register appxmanifest.xml_file_path -DisableDevelopmentMode

Here's a short demonstration of the error:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC3QBkJDEj0&feature=youtu.be

Such a mind boggling issue. Can't find a solution for this problem even on the internet.

:)

CryptoKey98, Mar 19, 2019
  2. Kevin_KK Win User

How to prevent the mouse cursor from moving up/down when scrolling on touchpad

Before Windows 10, when I swipe up/down on touchpad, the mouse cursor stays at one location. However, it now becomes a little dot and also moves up and down while I'm swiping on touchpad. I don't like this feature for three reasons:

• It's not a universal behavior in that it only takes place in UWP applications but not in traditional Windows applications
    • When there are both UWP and traditional applications, and if the mouse cursor (the little dot) moves to the boundary of the two kinds of applications, it's shape becomes inconsistent and variant (I doubt there might be a bug or glitch)
    • It's often very hard to find the mouse cursor on screen once it becomes a little dot -- it disappears, and when one moves the mouse, it just jumps out from nowhere. It's kind of beyond expectations and annoying for one who only wishes to work on computers.
    So is there any settings that disable this features? I've found in the mouse and touchpad section with no luck. Thanks!

Kevin_KK, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    No mouse cursor

Hi,

It is possible that the system did not recognize the mouse of your computer after it booted up. This can be the reason why you do not see the mouse cursor. Kindly perform a power cycle to refresh the power of the computer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Shutdown the computer.
    • After shutting it down, remove the battery (if you're using a laptop) and disconnect the computer from the charger.
    • Wait for 1 minute.
    • After 1 minute, attach the battery and turn on the computer.
    • Check if you will see the mouse cursor.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Kevin_KK Win User

Mouse cursor not locked to crosshair in UWP applications.

How to prevent the mouse cursor from moving up/down when scrolling on touchpad

Thanks for your reply.

Yes. There are a number of different cases. Take UWP application "Microsoft News" and traditional windows application Chrome browser as an example:

• If "Microsoft News" is of the focus, and if the mouse cursor is within "Microsoft News", when I scroll down using two fingers on touchpad, the mouse cursor first disappears and reappears to the bottom of the original position as a small dot, which also
      moves down on screen. After I stop scrolling, the small dot disappears, and the mouse cursor does not reappear, until I move the mouse on touchpad with a single finger.
    • If "Microsoft News" is of the focus, but if the mouse cursor is within "Chrome" browser, when I scroll down using two fingers, "Chrome" browser becomes the focus (which should not have happened), and the mouse cursor completely disappears. It won't reappear
      immediately after I stop scrolling and move the mouse with a single finger, but reappear in one or two seconds from the neighborhood of where I would expect it to be. So in this case: 1. I won't expect "Chrome" becomes the focus but it will; and 2. I cannot
      predict precisely where the mouse cursor will reappear on the screen.
    • If "Chrome" is of the focus, but if the mouse cursor is within "Microsoft News", the "Microsoft News" becomes the focus, which shouldn't have happened either. Then the mouse cursor becomes a small dot, which is the same as the first case.
    • If "Chrome" is of the focus, and if the mouse cursor is within "Chrome" window, nothing suspicious happens.
    • For the above four cases, if I scroll using a physical mouse rather than a touchpad, nothing suspicious happens.
    This issue takes place every time when a UWP application and a traditional window application are both visible on screen.

More issues:

• When two UWP applications are both visible, if one scrolls (not tested with a mouse yet, only on touchpad) over the app not in focus, it becomes the focus, which shouldn't have happened.
    • When two traditional windows applications are both visible, if one scrolls (not tested with a mouse yet, only on touchpad) over the application not in focus, the scrolling speed becomes
      very fast, even if the speed has been set to slow in the touchpad setting panel.
    Probably there's no way but waiting for update. But if there's anything I can do to fix them, it would be of great help. Thanks again.

P.S. I'm using Samsung laptop preinstalled with Windows 10 Home edition. I never turn off Windows update.

Kevin_KK, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Mouse cursor not locked to crosshair in UWP applications.

1. Mouse cursor not locked to crosshair in UWP applications. - Similar Threads - Mouse cursor locked

2. Windows Pen Crosshair cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pen Crosshair cursor: I have bought two drawing display tablets and they both do the same thing. I'm using the Concepts drawing app. There's an annoying tiny crosshair cursor that blocks my view of the stroke. I can't work with it in my way. I returned one tablet already and just got another from...
  3. Windows Pen Crosshair cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Pen Crosshair cursor: I have bought two drawing display tablets and they both do the same thing. I'm using the Concepts drawing app. There's an annoying tiny crosshair cursor that blocks my view of the stroke. I can't work with it in my way. I returned one tablet already and just got another from...
  4. Random Crosshair following my mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crosshair following my mouse: I had rested my arm on my keyboard when this crosshair started following my mouse. I've looked for solutions but I dont have PowerToys installed. Anyone have an idea why its doing this? Its getting very frustrating....
  5. Random Crosshair following my mouse

Random Crosshair following my mouse: I had rested my arm on my keyboard when this crosshair started following my mouse. I've looked for solutions but I dont have PowerToys installed. Anyone have an idea why its doing this? Its getting very frustrating....
  6. Mouse cursor not locking in place in games

Mouse cursor not locking in place in games: Hello! I have been having an odd problem revolving around my mouse not locking in the middle of the screen when playing games such as Minecraft and Roblox. The example I provided below is a video with Roblox's caps lock feature and zooming in to first person. When doing such,...
  7. Mouse cursor not locking in place in games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor not locking in place in games: Hello! I have been having an odd problem revolving around my mouse not locking in the middle of the screen when playing games such as Minecraft and Roblox. The example I provided below is a video with Roblox's caps lock feature and zooming in to first person. When doing such,...
  8. Mouse cursor not locking in place in game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor not locking in place in game.: Description:I've been having a weird problem lately in the latest Windows 11 Insider Builds. The mouse cursor would not lock in place in games such as: Subnautica, Raft, Phasmophobia, and Roblox. The example I provided below is a video of me using Roblox's caps lock feature...
  9. Windows 10 UWP apps not locking mouse to screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 UWP apps not locking mouse to screen.: I have purchased the game pass for windows 10 and installed a few games to try. My issue is that when I play them the cursor does not lock to screen as most games would. If I look too far up in a game the border comes up and I lose control of the game, and same if I look down...
  10. Mouse cursor not locked to crosshair in UWP applications

Mouse cursor not locked to crosshair in UWP applications: My mouse cursor isn't locked to my crosshair when I'm unpaused from Minecraft or other apps. I've tried reinstalling Minecraft, no good. Restarting my PC, no good. Resetting UWP apps through Powershell seems to not work either; HTML Code: Add-AppxPackage -register...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. minecraft crosshair loading cursor windows