Windows 10: Mouse cursor not locking in place in game.

Discus and support Mouse cursor not locking in place in game. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Description:I've been having a weird problem lately in the latest Windows 11 Insider Builds. The mouse cursor would not lock in place in games such as:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Aekyru, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Aekyru Win User

Mouse cursor not locking in place in game.

Description:I've been having a weird problem lately in the latest Windows 11 Insider Builds. The mouse cursor would not lock in place in games such as: Subnautica, Raft, Phasmophobia, and Roblox. The example I provided below is a video of me using Roblox's caps lock feature and zooming in to first person. When doing such, the cursor just moves around without being locked in place. It has been a problem for games that solely focuses on the first person point of view. I have two monitors, and the cursor often would go into the second monitor quite often. Attempted commands / programs:- Checked

:)

Aekyru, Sep 24, 2022

2. Mouse Cursor not locking in Games

Hello Jabron,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

We appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. I would like to assist you with further information from here.

Sometimes with a multiple monitor setup when you move your mouse from left to right inside the game the mouse can leave the game and move to a different monitor. If while your mouse is on the other screen you click (thinking you are still in the game) it
    can alt + tab you out of the game and in some cases crash it.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to define a Keyboard Shortcut to Lock or Unlock Mouse Movements to the Monitor with Mouse Cursor. Once Mouse is Locked to one Monitor, you will not be able to move the Mouse Cursor to any other Monitor unless
    you Unlock Mouse by pressing the Keyboard Shortcut again

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 24, 2022
  3. GDavidF Win User
    Mouse Cursor not locking in Games

Same, no resolution yet.

GDavidF, Sep 24, 2022
  4. JaBr0nI Win User

Mouse Cursor not locking in Games

Same, no resolution yet.

I reverted back to Windows 7.

Not gonna be upgrading for a while...

JaBr0nI, Sep 24, 2022
Thema:

1. Mouse cursor not locking in place in game. - Similar Threads - Mouse cursor locking

2. Mouse cursor not locking in place in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor not locking in place in games: Hello! I have been having an odd problem revolving around my mouse not locking in the middle of the screen when playing games such as Minecraft and Roblox. The example I provided below is a video with Roblox's caps lock feature and zooming in to first person. When doing such,...
  3. Mouse cursor not locking in place in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor not locking in place in games: Hello! I have been having an odd problem revolving around my mouse not locking in the middle of the screen when playing games such as Minecraft and Roblox. The example I provided below is a video with Roblox's caps lock feature and zooming in to first person. When doing such,...
  4. Mouse cursor not locking in place in games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse cursor NOT locking on all microsoft games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor NOT locking on all microsoft games.: All of my microsoft games cursor keeps going off the game screen. for example. whenever I look down the cursor leaves the screen and goes to taskbar, and same goes to when I look up. the only solution I can find is to restart my pc to get it fixed, then the problem comes back...
  6. Mouse cursor NOT locking on all microsoft games.

Mouse cursor NOT locking on all microsoft games.: All of my microsoft games cursor keeps going off the game screen. for example. whenever I look down the cursor leaves the screen and goes to taskbar, and same goes to when I look up. the only solution I can find is to restart my pc to get it fixed, then the problem comes back...
  7. Mouse cursor not locking in place in game.

Mouse cursor not locking in place in game.: Description:I've been having a weird problem lately in the latest Windows 11 Insider Builds. The mouse cursor would not lock in place in games such as: Subnautica, Raft, Phasmophobia, and Roblox. The example I provided below is a video of me using Roblox's caps lock feature...
  8. Mouse cursor won't lock into game playing Halo Infinite on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor won't lock into game playing Halo Infinite on PC: I Have looked through all the settings. Tried borderless window and non borderless window. There is obviously no full screen. But anytime I am in game shooting and move my mouse too far right it goes onto my second monitor and I can't do anything in game after clicking. I...
  9. Mouse cursor won't lock into game playing Halo Infinite on PC

Mouse cursor won't lock into game playing Halo Infinite on PC: I Have looked through all the settings. Tried borderless window and non borderless window. There is obviously no full screen. But anytime I am in game shooting and move my mouse too far right it goes onto my second monitor and I can't do anything in game after clicking. I...
  10. Mouse not locking in place in all first person games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse not locking in place in all first person games: So, everything was going fine, and one day I decided to install windows precision touchpad driver. But, that did not work because it was not compatible. So, I uninstalled the driver, and let windows implement's its default touchpad driver. Everything was good until one day I...