Windows 10: Mouse Cursor Not Showing at Startup

Discus and support Mouse Cursor Not Showing at Startup in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all, Banging my head hard on this one. I think my issue is a little different though to the "usual" missing mouse cursor problem. I have laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FlashPan73, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Mouse Cursor Not Showing at Startup

Hello all,

Banging my head hard on this one. I think my issue is a little different though to the "usual" missing mouse cursor problem.

I have laptop that I am upgrading from win 7 to win 10, everything works after the full wipe/reinstall and the win 10 installation pulled down the synaptics mouse driver for the touch pad and works fine with or without this driver installed.

I am using this laptop for a media client exclusively, I am setting it up to auto boot and auto load Kodi. I also have an mce type remote control that includes L & R mouse buttons and a trackpad.

The main issue is that when windows loads and auto boots etc the mouse cursor does not physically show up on the screen. If I use the remote, the mouse cursor is moving but just hidden. If I touch the laptop touchpad the mouse cursor will appear and stay on the screen.

As this laptop is positioned under my TV I cannot keep on reaching into it, pressing the touchpad to show the cursor on the screen.

I've been through every option I can find on the internet for mouse settings, have even added a second USB mouse mouse, and I also use EventGhost but using the built in commands to move/mouse click etc to see if that would make the cursor show up at startup but still no go unless the USB mouse or the tack pad is physically moved by hand.

Any idea how to make the mouse cursor appear at startup by default.

Quite a show stopper for me and when I had the same setup running under Win 7 I did not have this issue.

Cheers

submitted by /u/FlashPan73
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FlashPan73, Dec 12, 2019

2. Can't see cursor on startup screen

This is happening on 2 laptops. Both have a startup screen with options of W10 and W10 Safe Mode.

After upgrading to W10 the cursor does not show for selection between the options. It is still possible to move over the mouse or touchpad and move from one option to the other, but it's a bit hit and miss.

We had the same startup options in W8.1 and no problems with the cursor so it's definitely W10 related.

Any suggestions?

SaggyMaggyPoo, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    No mouse cursor

Hi,

It is possible that the system did not recognize the mouse of your computer after it booted up. This can be the reason why you do not see the mouse cursor. Kindly perform a power cycle to refresh the power of the computer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Shutdown the computer.
    • After shutting it down, remove the battery (if you're using a laptop) and disconnect the computer from the charger.
    • Wait for 1 minute.
    • After 1 minute, attach the battery and turn on the computer.
    • Check if you will see the mouse cursor.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Dec 12, 2019
  4. OneMoar Win User

Mouse Cursor Not Showing at Startup

Problems with mouse cursor lockup.

take the canned air to it with gusto and see what happens
    I used to burn though a mouse every year back when Played competitive quake 3 and it s mods

OneMoar, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Mouse Cursor Not Showing at Startup

1. Mouse Cursor Not Showing at Startup - Similar Threads - Mouse Cursor Showing

2. Mouse cursor is not showing up on a school computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor is not showing up on a school computer: Hello Microsoft, I was at school when I found that my cursor was not showing. Luckily, I do have a touchscreen computer, but it is tough to fix the cursor since my laptop is a school computer, and the settings and device manager are locked. The first thing I did was to hard...
  3. Mouse cursor is not showing up on a school computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor is not showing up on a school computer: Hello Microsoft, I was at school when I found that my cursor was not showing. Luckily, I do have a touchscreen computer, but it is tough to fix the cursor since my laptop is a school computer, and the settings and device manager are locked. The first thing I did was to hard...
  4. Mouse cursor is not showing up on a school computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Mouse cursor not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor not showing: My mouse is not showing after I rest my computer I have a screen that says “a configuration change was requested to clear this computers tpm” so on and so on, how can I fix this?...
  6. Mouse cursor not seen at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse cursor not seen at startup: The mouse cursor is not seen at startup.It reappear on a restart?Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-not-seen-at-startup/fc9addb9-1ef1-4272-bcf8-81b9895ee341
  7. Mouse cursor not showing up on Messenger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor not showing up on Messenger: I have the Messenger app downloaded on my laptop, and everytime I open it up from the window's search section, my cursor will not show up on the page. It's not the mouse's problem since i've tried it with my touchpad as well. The cursor shows up everywhere else, it's just...
  8. Cursor won’t show on startup screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor won’t show on startup screen: [IMG]Im trying to fix my computer since it had no recovery system. Im at this screen and I need to use my cursor but it wont show up? I tried pressing fn and f9 together and other combinations but nothing worked. Help?...
  9. No mouse cursor on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No mouse cursor on startup: Hello Everyone I don't know why but for several days, I have no cursor on the startup. Only after rebooting from the desktop, the cursor will appear on the reboot. I have Windows 10 10.0.19363 Build 18363 Anybody got an idea? Thanks! submitted by /u/TheSaltyJ [link]...
  10. Mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse cursor: So this happened recently and I have spent all day trying to figure it out! My mouse cursor is constantly blinking with that hourglass symbol next to it signifying its "working in the background" I have researched it a ton and cant fix it myself. From what I've gathered there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cursor not showing on boot up

2. find my cursor chrome