Windows 10: Mouse cursor sticks to corners on multi monitor setup

Discus and support Mouse cursor sticks to corners on multi monitor setup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just updated my Windows 7 machine to Windows 10 yesterday and I have 2 monitors. I'm pretty sure this is an intentional but detrimental feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NeedHelpBigly, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Mouse cursor sticks to corners on multi monitor setup

I just updated my Windows 7 machine to Windows 10 yesterday and I have 2 monitors. I'm pretty sure this is an intentional but detrimental feature rather than a bug, but whenever I try to cross my cursor from one monitor to the other and I just happen to be at the top or bottom of the screen it gets stuck on the edge and won't let me move over unless I go around the corner. It's a very small thing that becomes very annoying especially when I want to fullscreen a window on the other monitor by dragging it along the top. Is there a way to disable my cursor getting blocked on the corners without disabling window snapping entirely?

This is probably the wrong topic category but none of the options seem to deal specifically with displays.

:)

NeedHelpBigly, Oct 26, 2019
  2. Win User

Win10 ignores my input, assumes it's smarter than me, and sticks the mouse cursor on the edge of corners with dual monitors

The mouse cursor sticks on the corners of my dual-monitor setup, and there's apparently no option to disable this!

Look, I know how to use a mouse. I can skillfully aim it. If I tell it to move 1000 pixels to the right, the OS shouldn't assume I'm an idiot and only move it 322 pixels, with no way to disable this behavior.

3. Patroner Win User
    Mouse cursor sticks on edge between monitors

Okay, so I have a multi monitor setup for my pc, and when I try to move my mouse cursor between monitors 1 and 2 it sticks if I don't have enough momentum. It does not happen on any of the other "borders", only between 1 and 2. This is driving me utterly
    crazy.

What can I do to stop this? Why is it only happening on one of the four borders I have.

For info all monitors are ran at 100% scaling and resolution is 2560x1440, and monitor 3 is my main monitor.

Mouse cursor sticks to corners on multi monitor setup 3df1af33-2f66-41ae-8ecd-b165a0483fbf.png

Patroner, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Mouse cursor sticks to corners on multi monitor setup

Mouse cursor sticks to edge between multiple monitors

Using Windows 10 and the mouse cursor sticks to edge between multiple monitors. The threshold for the speed in which to stick needs to be adjustable. It is far too strong at the moment and i have to race my cursor across monitors- is laborious to deal with
    throughout a 10 hour day at work.... Please fix!

Moved from Windows 10 / Performance & system failures.

WBrannen_24, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Mouse cursor sticks to corners on multi monitor setup

1. Mouse cursor sticks to corners on multi monitor setup - Similar Threads - Mouse cursor sticks

2. Multi monitor setup mouse problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi monitor setup mouse problem: Hi !I have setup of 4 monitors connected to 1 PC with Windows 11.Setup is 2x2 2 monitors top row and 2 monitors botom row.Problem is that when I move my mouse pointer from right bottom monitor to top right monitor it show up on left top monitor ... and i do not have a clue...
  3. Multi monitor setup mouse problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multi monitor setup mouse problem: Hi !I have setup of 4 monitors connected to 1 PC with Windows 11.Setup is 2x2 2 monitors top row and 2 monitors botom row.Problem is that when I move my mouse pointer from right bottom monitor to top right monitor it show up on left top monitor ... and i do not have a clue...
  4. Mouse cursor sticks when slowly traversing cursor between vertically aligned monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse cursor sticks when slowly traversing cursor between vertically aligned monitors: I was recently forced to upgrade my work laptop from windows 7 to window 10 and now my mouse cursor sticks when slowly traversing between monitors vertically. I have to "ram" it though with more speed to break the monitor barrier. Moving between horizontally aligned monitors...
  5. Problem with multi Monitor Setup Microsoft Transient Multi-Monitor Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with multi Monitor Setup Microsoft Transient Multi-Monitor Manager: Hi everybody, I'm at the end of my wits. I recently got a new second monitor on my system win10, NVidia Geforce 1070, 2x MSI Optix MAG27 to name the relevant pieces and now the automatic monitor detection is bugging me. ProblemWhenever I'm switching my second monitor off...
  6. Issue with moving mouse between monitors in a multi-monitor setup

Issue with moving mouse between monitors in a multi-monitor setup: This might be a bit of an an usual problem, atleast I couldn't find anyone with a similar problem. I have 5 Monitors in a surround setup as one can see in this screenshot of my display organisation: [ATTACH] Moving the cursor or windows between monitors poses no problem...
  7. Multi-Monitor Setup using Laptop

Multi-Monitor Setup using Laptop: Hello, I want to connect my Lenovo laptop to TWO Dell monitors, so that will be 3 screens in total including the laptops screen. However I only need the laptop to act as a PC, I don't need its screen. As my Lenovo laptop only has a single HDMI output I purchased a Techole...
  8. Multi-monitors, sticky corners

Multi-monitors, sticky corners: Hello: I have three monitors, the middle one portrait. I encounter what is described as "sticky corners". I have tried to enter Non-Stick Mouse - http://www.jawfin.net but I get warned by Norton that it is a known dangerous site. So, is it an okay site, or is there any...
  9. Can't move mouse between multi-monitor setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't move mouse between multi-monitor setup: I have a multi-monitor setup like this: https://imgur.com/a/U3rRx2g Everything works well, except to reach monitor 4, I can only move my mouse from monitor 3->5->2->4, but I can't go directly from monitor 3->4. Any ideas? submitted by /u/Future-Professional [link]...
  10. Nvidia GameStream with a multi seat and multi monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia GameStream with a multi seat and multi monitor setup: Hi, I have a somewhat complex question. I am trying to force Nvidia GameStream (lets call it "GS" from now on) to start on my secondary monitor. I've read on the Nvidia forum that it can't be done, and have tried to tinker with it myself. No luck so far. I will try to note...