Windows 10: Mouse cursor stops moving after some time the light stays on

Discus and support Mouse cursor stops moving after some time the light stays on in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a strange problem occurring with my laptop since several days. It goes like this: I connect a USB mouse to my laptop. It works fine for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kahan Bhalani, Dec 26, 2022.

1. Mouse cursor stops moving after some time the light stays on

I have a strange problem occurring with my laptop since several days. It goes like this: I connect a USB mouse to my laptop. It works fine for sometime. And, suddenly a time comes when the cursor doesn't respond to any mouse movement. But the mouse laser light is still on. And, the light also blinks when I move the mouse to indicate movement. But, the cursor doesn't move. My touchpad works fine and I'm able to move the cursor with it.Another strange thing happens once the mouse stops working is that, I keep hearing Device Disconnected sound again & again. It comes from the USB mouse which

:)

Kahan Bhalani, Dec 26, 2022

2. Mouse Cursor stops moving..

I cant tell if its a short in the wire. Ive tried the fix about going to virtual memory and changing those settings. Its simply just a very short stop while im moving the cursor around. Almost if it lags behind the movement. I've tried USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports. Its an old Dell mouse and I cant even afford to get a 5$ mouse right now with the way things are. It ypically spend free time playing FPS and this is making it to where i cant even do the thing I enjoy. Not sure what it could be. The mouse could be fine for 10-15 seconds and ill say. well okay its better. But then it will do it again shortly after.

Also, I remember there used to be a Peripherals subforum a while back here?

cameronh779, Dec 26, 2022
  3. Mouse cursor not moving.

Yesterday I was playing a game when all of a sudden my cursor stopped moving. I tried everything. I took the USB out and put it back in, turned my mouse on and off, took out the battery and put it back in and still didn't work. I found another mouse and
    plugged in the USB but it was doing the same thing my other one was doing. The mouse's are on. The light censors work. The cursor on the screen just doesn't move.

AsherHampton, Dec 26, 2022
  4. Mouse cursor stops moving after some time the light stays on

Mouse lights are turned on but cursor not moving

I have a Logitech gaming mouse which has RGB lights. I'm using Windows 11.

So whenever I plug it in laptop USB ports, lights turn on and the mouse works.

But since a few days, I'm noticing only the lights turn on, cursor doesn't move. It happens suddenly. It doesn't happen always, but often.

What I have tried so far (nothing worked):

- Clean Boot

- Restart PC

- Uninstall / Reinstall USB drivers
    - Try with other ports
    - Change Power options in Device Manger for USB Root driver

- Try a different mouse

However, the mouse starts working when I restart my PC. But it's irritating as I have to do it every time it stops working.

Further, I'm sure my laptop ports are not defective as other external devices like keyboard, camera file transfer through USB works fine. Also, mouse is also fine as I've tried multiple mouse but same issue.

It's definitely Windows 11 that is culprit. So what's the problem and how to fix it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: Please don't tell me to reset or reinstall my Windows. That's one of the worst solution.

vikaskumar2299, Dec 26, 2022
Thema:

Mouse cursor stops moving after some time the light stays on

1. Mouse cursor stops moving after some time the light stays on - Similar Threads - Mouse cursor stops

2. XBox Controller moving mouse cursor - how to stop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox Controller moving mouse cursor - how to stop?: Hello all. I have an Xbox One controller connected wirelessly through an XBox PC adapter to Win 10 PC. Lately, when I power on the controller, the right joystick moves the cursor on my Windows 10 desktop. While playing games, this can cause any manner of issues when something...
  3. XBox Controller moving mouse cursor - how to stop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBox Controller moving mouse cursor - how to stop?: Hello all. I have an Xbox One controller connected wirelessly through an XBox PC adapter to Win 10 PC. Lately, when I power on the controller, the right joystick moves the cursor on my Windows 10 desktop. While playing games, this can cause any manner of issues when something...
  4. XBox Controller moving mouse cursor - how to stop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse cursor stops moving after some time the light stays on

Mouse cursor stops moving after some time the light stays on: I have a strange problem occurring with my laptop since several days. It goes like this: I connect a USB mouse to my laptop. It works fine for sometime. And, suddenly a time comes when the cursor doesn't respond to any mouse movement. But the mouse laser light is still on....
  6. Mouse lights are turned on but cursor not moving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse lights are turned on but cursor not moving: I have a Logitech gaming mouse which has RGB lights. I'm using Windows 11.So whenever I plug it in laptop USB ports, lights turn on and the mouse works.But since a few days, I'm noticing only the lights turn on, cursor doesn't move. It happens suddenly. It doesn't happen...
  7. Mouse lights are turned on but cursor not moving

Mouse lights are turned on but cursor not moving: I have a Logitech gaming mouse which has RGB lights. I'm using Windows 11.So whenever I plug it in laptop USB ports, lights turn on and the mouse works.But since a few days, I'm noticing only the lights turn on, cursor doesn't move. It happens suddenly. It doesn't happen...
  8. Mouse cursor moves but does not function properly on screen after some time and clicks...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse cursor moves but does not function properly on screen after some time and clicks...: Mouse cursor appears on screen and moves with movement of mouse, but clicks do not result in action after sometime . Clicking results in item clicked so the mouse is contacting, but click is not being registered doesn't open and close anything or any other action performed ....
  9. Mouse light on touch pad stays on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse light on touch pad stays on: Occasionally my mouse icon stays lit on my touch pad (Toshiba laptop). I cannot remember but there's a quick remedy for turning of the light. Holding down a button or maybe the mouse icon itself but I cannot remember. Does anyone know the fix? Thanks in advance!...
  10. cursor stopped moving

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cursor stopped moving: Cursor stopped moving....use windows 10 and I use the finger touchpad not a mouse.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-stopped-moving/3b7d8455-2c5a-4ca3-b771-eccc75049778