Windows 10: Mouse cursor stuck on screen, and won't move.

Discus and support Mouse cursor stuck on screen, and won't move. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I tried to use my desktop computer today, and a few moments after logging in, the cursor fixed itself on a position on the screen and wouldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nocturne_, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Nocturne_ Win User

Mouse cursor stuck on screen, and won't move.

Hello. I tried to use my desktop computer today, and a few moments after logging in, the cursor fixed itself on a position on the screen and wouldn't move, no matter how much I dragged the mouse around. It would flick in the direction I was dragging, then back to the spot, rendering it unusable. I was using it just yesterday with no problems at all. I restarted the computer, and the problem persisted. I unplugged the mouse and plugged it back in, and the problem persisted. Using the start button and keyboard arrows, I navigated to the device manager and checked the driver for the mouse, and found that it was already updated. I used Windows Defender and did a quick scan for viruses, and found none.

I checked the computer for general Windows updates and found several available, but soon after selecting "download", all of the update statuses would be stuck at "initializing" or "pending", and upon checking the update history, it would register all of those downloads as "failed". I believe this is because the internet connection I'm using is a mobile hotspot, and may not be strong enough to allow the updates to install.

I don't have access to "normal" wifi and may not for a long time, and want to know if there's anything else I can try to fix this problem? My computer is completely unusable right now. (Note: I'm submitting this question on a separate device.)

:)

Nocturne_, Aug 6, 2019

2. Mouse cursor stuck in center of screen

My mouse cursor suddenly froze in the corner of my screen after closing a game, i restarted my computer and ive also googled alot and reinstalled drivers and so far nothing has worked im using a m65 pro corsair mouse and i cant buy a new one so thats a
    no go, also im on a desktop not a laptop. After restarting my cursor is stuck in the center of my screen and i can only move it ysing my numpd keys yet i can still click

AnthonyRivas2, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    No mouse cursor

Hi,

It is possible that the system did not recognize the mouse of your computer after it booted up. This can be the reason why you do not see the mouse cursor. Kindly perform a power cycle to refresh the power of the computer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Shutdown the computer.
    • After shutting it down, remove the battery (if you're using a laptop) and disconnect the computer from the charger.
    • Wait for 1 minute.
    • After 1 minute, attach the battery and turn on the computer.
    • Check if you will see the mouse cursor.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Mouse cursor stuck on screen, and won't move.

Black Screen with Mouse Cursor with continual repair loops

Next I did select volume and list volume X:

Mouse cursor stuck on screen, and won't move. [​IMG]

Mouse cursor stuck on screen, and won't move. [​IMG]

naturalbodz, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Mouse cursor stuck on screen, and won't move.

1. Mouse cursor stuck on screen, and won't move. - Similar Threads - Mouse cursor stuck

2. stuck at black screen with mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    stuck at black screen with mouse cursor: I was stuck at a black screen similar to when a computer is waking from sleep and could only see my cursor for a long time.Further when I restarted I just got back to this black screen ctrl alt delete, win+ctrl+shift +B did nothing eventually the computer went back to normal...
  3. stuck at black screen with mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stuck at black screen with mouse cursor: I was stuck at a black screen similar to when a computer is waking from sleep and could only see my cursor for a long time.Further when I restarted I just got back to this black screen ctrl alt delete, win+ctrl+shift +B did nothing eventually the computer went back to normal...
  4. stuck at black screen with mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen: Hi!A well known issue, with a lot of advice to be found, but nevertheless I can't fix it.The mouse cursor starts moving rapidly, mostly horizontally, back and forth. Sometimes the user it's not me can use the laptop for an hour or two without any problem, sometimes it starts...
  6. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen: Hi!A well known issue, with a lot of advice to be found, but nevertheless I can't fix it.The mouse cursor starts moving rapidly, mostly horizontally, back and forth. Sometimes the user it's not me can use the laptop for an hour or two without any problem, sometimes it starts...
  7. Mouse Cursor moving to centre of screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse Cursor moving to centre of screen: Every ten seconds my mouse cursor moves to the centre of the screen. I have 3 monitors normally, and also a 4th hdmi cable into my AVR which duplicates one screen. The problem only happens when the AVR is turned off. It never used to happen though. 171232
  8. Cursor won't move?

Cursor won't move?: So I recently updated my laptop HP, win10 and haven't used it until tonight, and I discovered that synaptics isn't installed properly or isn't running and looks like a blank file on the thumbnail. I try to double click it with my usb mouse and I get "there was a problem...
  9. Mouse cursor won't move

Mouse cursor won't move: I am using an ASUS Windows 10 Laptop and haven't been able to use the mouse since I shut it down. Before shutting it down, though, there was a necessary update. After that, the mouse cursor just disappeared. Right now, however, it is visible - but I still can't interact with...
  10. Mouse cursor stuck in center of screen

Mouse cursor stuck in center of screen: My mouse cursor suddenly froze in the corner of my screen after closing a game, i restarted my computer and ive also googled alot and reinstalled drivers and so far nothing has worked im using a m65 pro corsair mouse and i cant buy a new one so thats a no go, also im on a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse cursor wont move

2. my cursor wont move what do i do

3. mouse cursor stuck on screen

4. what to do when mouse wont move from bottom of screen,
  5. the mouse wont move the cursor on my old PC,
  6. my mouse wont move what do i do for seven year olds,
  7. mouse wont move from scenter,
  8. mouse wont move from screen to screen,
  9. cursor wont move on pc,
  10. my mouse cursor wont move,
  11. how to fix a mouse from sticking or not moving on a windoow8 labtop,