Windows 10: Mouse cursor stutters/lags during "high" upload rates.

Discus and support Mouse cursor stutters/lags during "high" upload rates. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The mouse cursor lags and stutters quite a lot during "high" internet uploads. This occurs even on a resting/idleno programs or heavy processes running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ruatfela, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Ruatfela Win User

Mouse cursor stutters/lags during "high" upload rates.

The mouse cursor lags and stutters quite a lot during "high" internet uploads. This occurs even on a resting/idleno programs or heavy processes running in the foreground or background state of my laptop. I have found that this occurs when internet upload speeds go above 15 - 20 Mbps it gets worse as the upload speed increases. This is especially problematic and annoying when uploading large files to the cloud, uploading media anywhere on the web, or when testing internet connection speed.

This issue persists regardless of CPU, Disk or RAM usage, i.e., it does not occur even when editing and rendering 4k video files in Adobe Premiere Pro or even when playing high-load games. Things I have done to remediate the issue - DISM scan, disk defragmentation, SFC scan, complete Windows reinstall, updating drivers and virus scans.

My device specifications :

Asus X510UFO

Processor : IntelR CoreTM i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz

Installed RAM : 12.0 GB 11.9 GB usable

Graphics : Intel UHD Graphics 620 and Nvidia MX130

System type : 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

:)

Ruatfela, Dec 19, 2020

2. mouse cursor is lagging

Mouse cursor keeps lagging in the following way: it freezes in place and then quickly moves to where my mouse is. I did usual troubleshooting steps...specifically updated mouse drivers, graphics card drivers,
    tried to plug the USB into a different port etc.
    I tried to work in a safe mode and the issue doesn’t occur there

DemarcusSDEaglin, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Mouse cursor lag and slow down occasionally

Recently, I am encountering a mouse cursor lag problem on my PC (Win10)

The cursor occassionally lags when I move the mouse consistently

Demonstration:
    http://i.imgur.com/03kbZJx.gifv

In the demonstration, I moved my mouse consistently towards right, but cursor stops moving at few instances

My mouse is Logitech G502, I believe my mouse has no problem because I tried it with my laptop (Win10) and it worked perfectly fine, the cursor never lagged and movement is consistent.

Any suggestions?

Theresonly1cryo, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Mouse cursor stutters/lags during "high" upload rates.

Mouse lag/stutter playing games in Windows 10

Since I got this computer:

• i5 7600K 3.80Ghz
    • 16 RAM Single channel 1069 Mhz
    • STRIX Z270E mobo
    • PG348Q Monitor
    • GTX 1080 Zotac
    • 500 GB SSD Western Digital

I haven't been able to play smooth any games with a mouse. It does work well with an Xbox controller via USB tho. Quite an irony. The micro stuttering or lag happens when I use the mouse - it is unplayable and gives some headache with the time. It does happen in single and multiplayer and the FPS are not a problem, no drops and its steady well above 60.

While in game, if I use the keyboard to move around or I use the Xbox controller everything goes well, the issue shows up as soon as I move the mouse to look around. After a lot of googling and 2 weeks of installing OSs and trying everything, my guess is that the issue is related to the mouse polling rate. The feeling is clearly different to lag or fps drops but close enough for me to call it stutter or lag, not sure if there is a specific term. The software Mouse Rate Checker shows an average of 90Hz.

I've tried overclocking the mouse polling rate but no effort yet. In case it might be something different, what are your ideas? What could it be?

The OS and Nvidia drivers I've tried are:

Windows 10 64 - I've tried the Education N version, up to date and a doggy Pro one which haven't updated, just in case, which currently is in 1511 (just before anniversary update).
    Nvidia drivers: have tried the last 2 versions (I can't recall the exact v. number of the previous one, I think it had a "28" at the end).

willem_tee, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Mouse cursor stutters/lags during "high" upload rates.

1. Mouse cursor stutters/lags during "high" upload rates. - Similar Threads - Mouse cursor stutters

2. Mouse cursor lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor lagging: Hi, I have recently followed the steps of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o-SZSxygzY&ab_channel=TroubleChute and shortly after I have been having mouse problems. In roblox my mouse has been really laggy and my character turns around very slowly. Sorry to give so little...
  3. Mouse cursor lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor lagging: Hi, I have recently followed the steps of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o-SZSxygzY&ab_channel=TroubleChute and shortly after I have been having mouse problems. In roblox my mouse has been really laggy and my character turns around very slowly. Sorry to give so little...
  4. mouse cursor lagging?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    mouse cursor lagging?: how do i fix it, it started yesterday submitted by /u/nicos_revenge [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kbsxmt/mouse_cursor_lagging/
  5. Mouse lag and stutter

Mouse lag and stutter: i recently built my first pc, ryzen 5 2600 , 16gb ddr4 ram , and an rx 580 , but sometimes when i boot it’s just damn near unusable , the mouse will lag around the screen for a few seconds and when it does that it freezes everything else , when i’m typing something while it’s...
  6. mouse cursor is lagging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse cursor is lagging: Mouse cursor keeps lagging in the following way: it freezes in place and then quickly moves to where my mouse is. I did usual troubleshooting steps...specifically updated mouse drivers, graphics card drivers,tried to plug the USB into a different port etc.I tried to work in a...
  7. Mouse Cursor Lags

Mouse Cursor Lags: I have a Logitech M590 USB mouse, and I have a lagging mouse cursor, because of the 5.8GHz network installation that I did. I need a help with this situation. 157844
  8. PC and mouse lagging and stuttering during some network traffic

PC and mouse lagging and stuttering during some network traffic: Hi guys, I recently had an issue that my internet was down Ethernet connection. I thought the problem was caused by my ISP but it turned out I had to use the network reset option in the settings menu. My internet was back on and everything seemed to be working again....
  9. Mouse stutter when high upload

Mouse stutter when high upload: Yesterday my bluetooth mouse started to stutter heavily to the point that I became unable to continue work on the machine. After some digging I found that this was happening because One Drive was syncing a lot of files which led me to believe this was a One Drive issue....
  10. Mouse stuttering/Lag?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse stuttering/Lag?: So i have been having this issue for a while and have gotten pretty annoyed at what's happening. Whenever i play a game, regardless of what it is even league of legends my mouse is skipping across the screen when i move it. Sometimes the mouse is fine and even when i leave...