Windows 10: Mouse/cursor won't travel to 2nd monitor

Discus and support Mouse/cursor won't travel to 2nd monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 on my laptop. I plugged in a large 2nd monitor to my laptop. Now, the mouse won't go to the 2nd monitor and that is the place that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KristinCampbell1, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Mouse/cursor won't travel to 2nd monitor

I have Windows 10 on my laptop. I plugged in a large 2nd monitor to my laptop. Now, the mouse won't go to the 2nd monitor and that is the place that is showing the display options. So, I can't make any changes. The mouse cursor will only work on my laptop screen.

How do I fix this?

:)

KristinCampbell1, Jan 21, 2019
  2. Argel Obm Win User

No mouse cursor

Hi,

It is possible that the system did not recognize the mouse of your computer after it booted up. This can be the reason why you do not see the mouse cursor. Kindly perform a power cycle to refresh the power of the computer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Shutdown the computer.
    • After shutting it down, remove the battery (if you're using a laptop) and disconnect the computer from the charger.
    • Wait for 1 minute.
    • After 1 minute, attach the battery and turn on the computer.
    • Check if you will see the mouse cursor.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Mouse cursor disapears on 3rd monitor

Hi Pamela,

It appears that you're having problems regarding your cursor on your third monitor. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• When did you start experiencing this problem?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using a different mouse?
    • Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting your third monitor?
    • Do you have another monitor that we can you use as third display, and see if the issue persists?

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Mouse/cursor won't travel to 2nd monitor

Mouse skips from 1st monitor to 2nd monitor while typing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that your mouse skips from first monitor to second monitor while typing.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better,

1. What is the make and model of the mouse?

2. Is it a wired mouse or a wireless mouse?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

a) Type
    Troubleshooting in the Search Bar and then
    Enter

c)
    Select View all on the top left corner.

d)
    Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update the mouse driver from the Device Manager.

I would suggest you to manually update the Mouse drivers from the
    Device Manager and check if it helps.

Steps:-

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Mouse driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 3: Enable Mouse Trails

Type Control Panel in
    Search Bar
    and then Enter.

Select Mouse.

In Pointer Option Check the
    Display pointer trails.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Mouse/cursor won't travel to 2nd monitor

1. Mouse/cursor won't travel to 2nd monitor - Similar Threads - Mouse cursor won't

2. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor: Im trying to connect my second display but it looks the same with the first one. I dont know much about the computer please assist me on this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor/9b57fa9a-4db5-41aa-b580-0905f559fca1
  3. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor: I changed the monitor. After plugging the new monitor in, windows is detecting two monitors instead of one. What is wrong with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor/04d9385e-f70b-4c8c-8a52-ca6b95adef84
  4. Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor: Hi team,I am unable to move my mouse from one screen to another. This is not a "monitor on the wrong side" issue. I can see the second screen, but I run the mouse across all 4 walls and never cross the border. When I try to hold/drag a window over, the Window does move across...
  5. Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor: Hi team,I am unable to move my mouse from one screen to another. This is not a "monitor on the wrong side" issue. I can see the second screen, but I run the mouse across all 4 walls and never cross the border. When I try to hold/drag a window over, the Window does move across...
  6. Mouse will not move to 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Main Monitor Won't Work Without 2nd Monitor Turned On

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Main Monitor Won't Work Without 2nd Monitor Turned On: A couple weeks ago I got a free 1080 monitor so I figured I'd hook it up as a 2nd monitor in addition to my 4k monitor. OG monitor is hooked up hdmi through a switcher so I can play ps4 as well. 2nd monitor is hooked up with displayport.All had been working fine until today....
  8. Mouse cursor different on different monitors

Mouse cursor different on different monitors: I work with 3 monitors and,for no reason, the mouse cursor on the 2nd monitor changed from the arrow to a circle. I've tried mouse settings and monitor settings and nothing helps. I've re-started twice....
  9. 2nd Monitor

2nd Monitor: [ATTACH] I’m running Window 10. I have just connected a 2nd monitor. My default monitor is Eizo CS2420 resolution and needs to remain 1900x1200. My 2nd monitor Dell U2412M is duplicating my default monitor however, the screen and icons are far too big and need to change the...
  10. Mouse cursor won't move

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor won't move: I am using an ASUS Windows 10 Laptop and haven't been able to use the mouse since I shut it down. Before shutting it down, though, there was a necessary update. After that, the mouse cursor just disappeared. Right now, however, it is visible - but I still can't interact with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cursor wont go to second monitor

2. my mouse wont go on my 2nd screen

3. cursor wont move to 2nd monitor

4. my mouse cursor wont cross from one screen to another,
  5. mouse wont travel to second monitor,
  6. why wont my mouse move to second screen,
  7. mouse wont work on second screen,
  8. cant get mouse to go to second monitor,
  9. mouse wont move to 2nd screen,
  10. why wont my mouse go to second monitor,
  11. my mouse wont go to my second screen,