Windows 10: Mouse custom settings don't take effect on startup

Discus and support Mouse custom settings don't take effect on startup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft Mouse (Microsoft M03-00090 Wireless Optical Mouse 5000) with customizable buttons that can be set via the Mouse and Keyboard Center.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by arcanepsyche, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Mouse custom settings don't take effect on startup

I have a Microsoft Mouse (Microsoft M03-00090 Wireless Optical Mouse 5000) with customizable buttons that can be set via the Mouse and Keyboard Center. In Windows 7, all worked fine, but after upgrading to Windows 10, every time I turn the computer on, or restart it, the custom mouse settings are not set. If I start the Mouse and Keyboard Center, the settings kick-in (even without changing any settings), but I have to do that each time on startup or else the settings are all set to default.

Is there a way I can get the settings to hold, or activate, when the machine is turned on or restarted?

:)

arcanepsyche, Aug 18, 2016
  2. immred Win User

keyboard & mouse don't work after startup in windows 10

keyboard & mouse don't work after startup in windows 10. I get the splash screen with the time & date. Keyboard or mouse don't do anything. No mouse pointer on the screen. I connected wired keyboard & mouse- no difference. This morning there was a windows
    10 update. After the update the keyboard worked and I got my normal desktop. After restarting the PC, I'm back to the splash screen and the keyboard has no effect. ASUS motherboard.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

immred, Aug 18, 2016
  3. Change the size of text only in Windows 10?

Thanks, that works, and I didn't even need to log out for it to take effect!

synapse_beta_sub_16, Aug 18, 2016
Thema:

Mouse custom settings don't take effect on startup

1. Mouse custom settings don't take effect on startup - Similar Threads - Mouse custom settings

2. Custom Sound effects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Sound effects: I'm using a desktop PC by HPI'm using the latest updates for Windows 10I'm using the latest updates for MS EdgeI'm using the latest version of ATT/Yahoo e-mail.Is it possible either in Windows or Edge to create a custom audible sound effect that would notify me if I get a new...
  3. Custom Sound effects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Sound effects: I'm using a desktop PC by HPI'm using the latest updates for Windows 10I'm using the latest updates for MS EdgeI'm using the latest version of ATT/Yahoo e-mail.Is it possible either in Windows or Edge to create a custom audible sound effect that would notify me if I get a new...
  4. Custom Sound effects

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Startup Sound effects?

Startup Sound effects?: I was wondering if Microsoft should allow for the sound effects from older operating systems to be downloaded from the store. I found a few sites which have the sounds, but I don't want to risk downloading malware. I really want to have the Windows Longhorn sounds on my...
  6. Changing Touchpad Settings but changes aren't taking effect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing Touchpad Settings but changes aren't taking effect: So my touchpad one day started being weird. It is super unresponsive to tap touch, and also i've lost right click unless I tap with two fingers... I open up touchpad settings and I have now realised that no matter what I do, the changes I make simply don't change anything. I...
  7. Mouse Customization

Mouse Customization: I am unable to change my cursor from the default pointer to a Precision Select pointer. It worked for me before, but now I am unable to change it back. What am I doing wrong or I need to change....
  8. Registry not taking effect?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry not taking effect?: I made some changes in the registry lately, but they still haven't taken effect. I rebooted my computer, changed permissions for the registry key, but they still don't work. I am very confused, this key has worked perfectly fine in the past, and I have no idea why it's not...
  9. Settings aren't taking effect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Settings aren't taking effect: Basically I'm trying to get rid of the delay between pressing a key and being able to use the mouse. When I pressing keys I can't use the mouse at the same time - there is a short delay until the touchpad kicks into action. Very annoying when playing games. I fixed it before,...
  10. File and Dir security permission settings not taking effect

in Windows 10 Support
    File and Dir security permission settings not taking effect: I have been going nuts with this. For the past 3 days I have been getting messages saying I do not have permission to write in directories where I am listed as the owner. I have ensured that the users MyuserID, Administrators, and SYSTEM all have Full control over the...