Windows 10: mouse disappeared

Discus and support mouse disappeared in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I find the mouse? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-disappeared/6dabafe5-002b-4357-80fe-223aab972ba2 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jaime Rios JTR, Nov 20, 2018.

1. mouse disappeared

How do I find the mouse?

:)

Jaime Rios JTR, Nov 20, 2018

2. mouse pointer disappears

Hi,

There are different reasons why your mouse pointer disappears. For us to properly isolate the issue, we need the following information:

• Have you made any changes on your PC prior to the issue?
    • Can you please provide the troubleshooting steps that you've done to resolve the concern?

In the meantime, we recommend you to perform the basic troubleshooting steps provided below:

• Unplug and plug your mouse from your device.
    • Try to use another mouse and check if the same issue occurs.
    • Update your mouse drivers. To know more information about updating drivers in Windows 10, click this
      link.

Gerdimae Sal, Nov 20, 2018
  3. Mouse cursor disappeared

Hello Ruby,

This issue may arise due to an outdated mouse driver or conflicting programs. To address your concern, we suggest that you refer to the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Ashish Sondhi on this thread link.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, Nov 20, 2018
  4. sarlin326 Win User

mouse disappeared

Mouse Without Borders Windows 10 Issue - "Mouse Disappearing"

• When you say that "try to use two or more windows 10 machines together; the mouse pointer will disappear", are you connected to domain network? How exactly the computers are connected?
    • No, the currently upgraded Windows 10 pc's are all local machines connected through a router, but they are not on our domain currently. The reason being is to test any issues that might occur before putting them on our domain.

2. When you say that "purpose of the software", which software are you referring to?

• The software I am referring to is Mouse Without Borders. It's in the title of the subject line of my question.

Your suggestion to run the troubleshooter would not register there being a problem considering everything is functioning fine except for the visibility of the mouse.

This is a common problem with Mouse Without Borders dating back to the release of Windows 10. I just thought it would have been fixed by now. A google search will verify my info.

I will reword my situation a bit. For example, I have three Windows 10 machines hooked up to router. These three computers are connected together through Mouse Without Borders to 1 mouse and 1 keyboard. This works fine with our windows 7 machines. The issue
    is when we upgraded these test pc's to Windows 10, the mouse will disappear on 2 out of the 3 pc. The primary machine that the mouse and keyboard is hooked up to you can see perfectly fine because the peripherals are hooked up to that specific pc.

Now, the mouse is working on all the windows 10 pc's, but it is not visible to the human eye on any other pc that isn't the primary pc with the mouse/keyboard hooked up to it. The only solution that people have come up with involving a quick google search
    is to hook up a physical mouse to every pc. This actually does fix the issue which means this is just a minor software glitch with Mouse Without Borders. It could be something in Windows 10 settings that is causing the mouse to disappear on the other computers,
    but no fix has been found to my knowledge. I don't want to have to hook up a mouse to every pc using Mouse Without Borders on Windows 10. I'd revert the machines back to Windows 7 before I did that.

sarlin326, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

mouse disappeared

1. mouse disappeared - Similar Threads - mouse disappeared

2. Mouse cursor disappears in Windows 11 even though option to hide cursor while typing is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor disappears in Windows 11 even though option to hide cursor while typing is...: Just got a brand new PC w Windows 11 installed. So annoying that mouse cursor disappears from screen after a few seconds of idle time. I've tried to troubleshoot this, including making sure the option to hide cursor while typing is DISABLED, disabling and re-enabling the...
  3. Mouse cursor disappears in Windows 11 even though option to hide cursor while typing is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor disappears in Windows 11 even though option to hide cursor while typing is...: Just got a brand new PC w Windows 11 installed. So annoying that mouse cursor disappears from screen after a few seconds of idle time. I've tried to troubleshoot this, including making sure the option to hide cursor while typing is DISABLED, disabling and re-enabling the...
  4. My mouse disappears when i don't disable the touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse disappears when i don't disable the touchpad: My mouse randomly disappeared in a TEST. I had no choice but to complete the rest of the test with the touchscreen. It was really annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-disappears-when-i-dont-disable-the/d5cc7459-8d3a-43c9-a7b0-3e0e33654bd4
  5. My mouse disappears when i don't disable the touchpad

My mouse disappears when i don't disable the touchpad: My mouse randomly disappeared in a TEST. I had no choice but to complete the rest of the test with the touchscreen. It was really annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-disappears-when-i-dont-disable-the/d5cc7459-8d3a-43c9-a7b0-3e0e33654bd4
  6. My mouse cursor keeps disappearing if it isn't moving constantly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse cursor keeps disappearing if it isn't moving constantly.: i have tried uninstalling drivers and restarting to let windows reinstall them, i have tried updating drivers manually nothing is working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-cursor-keeps-disappearing-if-it-isnt/35fca579-5a92-4716-8fcb-718ba2ade923
  7. My mouse cursor keeps disappearing if it isn't moving constantly.

My mouse cursor keeps disappearing if it isn't moving constantly.: i have tried uninstalling drivers and restarting to let windows reinstall them, i have tried updating drivers manually nothing is working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-cursor-keeps-disappearing-if-it-isnt/35fca579-5a92-4716-8fcb-718ba2ade923
  8. I need help my mouse cursor disappeared and I tried everything to make it come back nothing...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need help my mouse cursor disappeared and I tried everything to make it come back nothing...: I need help my cursor is gone and nothing is helping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-my-mouse-cursor-disappeared-and-i/daa4d321-f30c-426c-a1f4-cb6412403bc1
  9. I need help my mouse cursor disappeared and I tried everything to make it come back nothing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help my mouse cursor disappeared and I tried everything to make it come back nothing...: I need help my cursor is gone and nothing is helping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-my-mouse-cursor-disappeared-and-i/daa4d321-f30c-426c-a1f4-cb6412403bc1
  10. I need help my mouse cursor disappeared and I tried everything to make it come back nothing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. multiple monitor mouse cursor dissapear