Windows 10: Mouse disconnects when event id 5379 appears in event viewer

Discus and support Mouse disconnects when event id 5379 appears in event viewer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've had this issue for about a month and have been able to see a popup of event id 5379 in event viewer at the exact timestamp of when the mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gnaggstern, May 11, 2023.

1. Mouse disconnects when event id 5379 appears in event viewer

I've had this issue for about a month and have been able to see a popup of event id 5379 in event viewer at the exact timestamp of when the mouse disconnects. Sometimes there is like 40 of the id 5379 spammed in a row and my mouse is frozen for like 3 sec. Been unable to play video games the last 4 weeks because of this.

Does anybody know what is wrong here?

Already tried reinstalling windows, Updating every driver, changing hard drive.

submitted by /u/Gnaggstern
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gnaggstern, May 11, 2023

2. Excessive Security Log Events - Event ID 5379 - Windows 10

tX fOR THIS ANSWER

IgnatiusBenny, May 11, 2023
  3. Xevidroid Win User
    Excessive Security Log Events - Event ID 5379 - Windows 10

Having the same issue here. Got here because some of my games were crashing, straight to desktop with no error messages. Upon checking the event viewer, every time I see a crash, I see event 4624, immediately followed by event 4672 and then a big list of event 5379. This causes my games to crash every time it happens, multiple times per hour. My gaming PC is basically unusable. Haven't found a fix anywhere.

As someone else pointed out, yes we know that event 5379 is not the CAUSE of the issue, but it has to be related or caused by that same issue because it wouldn't be there for every crash otherwise.

I now ran sfc /scannow and it found some corrupt files, I will update if this ended up fixing the issue but somehow I doubt it will be this easy.

Xevidroid, May 11, 2023
  4. Mouse disconnects when event id 5379 appears in event viewer

Excessive Security Log Events - Event ID 5379 - Windows 10

i had ex[eriences like that last night - my laptop so slowly

IgnatiusBenny, May 11, 2023
Thema:

Mouse disconnects when event id 5379 appears in event viewer

1. Mouse disconnects when event id 5379 appears in event viewer - Similar Threads - Mouse disconnects event

2. Multiple Event ID 4624 in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Event ID 4624 in Event Viewer: Hi guys. Lets say I went out and left my laptop at home. When I come back I notice many "Audit Success" logs with ID 4624 in the Event Viewer during the time I was out. Is this something I should be concerned about and that someone has been trying to access my laptop? Thanks!...
  3. Event viewer - Event id 4688

in Windows 10 Customization
    Event viewer - Event id 4688: I tried to create a custom view, with àwindows as the event log, and 4688 as the event ID. I had no other changed settings, and I expected this to give me a stream of events showing whenever I opened an application. Instead I only got events related to Microsoft processes....
  4. Event ID 2004 Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event ID 2004 Event Viewer: After updating Windows and reinstalling my system a few months ago I've ran into an issue with my game crashing, after extensive searching my results were finding the location access errors 2004 & 1023 with sysmain.dll being unable to load from my Event viewer log, however...
  5. Event Viewer ID 2004

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer ID 2004: What should I do to correct this? Log Name: ApplicationSource: Microsoft-Windows-PerfNetDate: 4/27/2020 3:38:18 PMEvent ID: 2004Task Category: NoneLevel: ErrorKeywords: User: SAM-NB1\SamComputer: SAM-NB1Description:Unable to open the Server service performance object. The...
  6. Event Viewer ID 1023

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer ID 1023: What should I do to correct this? Log Name: ApplicationSource: Microsoft-Windows-PerflibDate: 4/27/2020 3:38:19 PMEvent ID: 1023Task Category: NoneLevel: ErrorKeywords: User: SAM-NB1\SamComputer: SAM-NB1Description:Windows cannot load the extensible counter DLL...
  7. Event Viewer ID 2004

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer ID 2004: What should I do to correct this? Log Name: ApplicationSource: Microsoft-Windows-PerfNetDate: 4/27/2020 3:38:18 PMEvent ID: 2004Task Category: NoneLevel: ErrorKeywords: User: SAM-NB1\SamComputer: SAM-NB1Description:Unable to open the Server service performance object. The...
  8. Excessive Security Log Events - Event ID 5379 - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excessive Security Log Events - Event ID 5379 - Windows 10: I have been experiencing Windows Application crashes on my 3 month old Windows 10 install. While troubleshooting, I noticed that there 50+ security events each minute in the Event Viewer under Windows Logs > Security. Is this normal? The majority are Audit Success...
  9. Intermittent temporary freezes-Event Viewer shows dozens of event 5379

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Intermittent temporary freezes-Event Viewer shows dozens of event 5379: I'm having a tough time tracking down an issue with a new system. Occasionally, my system will freeze for a few seconds. The mouse will usually lock in place, but not always. In any case, the system doesn't register input. If audio was playing, the audio will glitch or loop....
  10. Intermittent temporary freezes-Event Viewer shows dozens of event 5379

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent temporary freezes-Event Viewer shows dozens of event 5379: I'm having a tough time tracking down an issue with a new system. Occasionally, my system will freeze for a few seconds. The mouse will usually lock in place, but not always. In any case, the system doesn't register input. If audio was playing, the audio will glitch or loop....