Windows 10: Mouse Doesn't Track as Precisely in Windows Apps - Little bit of float or delay

Discus and support Mouse Doesn't Track as Precisely in Windows Apps - Little bit of float or delay in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Noticed recently in Apps for Windows, Excel, teams, Word, the mouse doesn't track as accurately or precisely. Curious if its me.Seems to float or not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gerry Horton, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Mouse Doesn't Track as Precisely in Windows Apps - Little bit of float or delay

Noticed recently in Apps for Windows, Excel, teams, Word, the mouse doesn't track as accurately or precisely. Curious if its me.Seems to float or not quite track to where I am pointing.Tried different mouse pads, different mice and same result.I cleaned my laser on the mouse, didn't help.Tested mouse on laptop and other display works more accurately on non Windows apps.Tested on another Laptop and similar feel in Windows based apps.Anyone else having issues?Running a Dell - 64 Gb of Ram, and 1.5 TB free memory.Nothing else running but Excel.Tracks well in Chrome browser on this site to create

:)

Gerry Horton, Feb 2, 2023

2. Mouse Doesn't Track as Precisely in Windows Apps - Little bit of float or delay

Noticed recently in Apps for Windows, Excel, teams, Word, the mouse doesn't track as accurately or precisely. Curious if its me.

Seems to float or not quite track to where I am pointing.

Tried different mouse pads, different mice and same result.

I cleaned my laser on the mouse, didn't help.

Tested mouse on laptop and other display works more accurately on non Windows apps.

Tested on another Laptop and similar feel in Windows based apps.

Anyone else having issues?

Running a Dell - 64 Gb of Ram, and 1.5 TB free memory.

Nothing else running but Excel.

Tracks well in Chrome browser on this site to create this Question.

3. Mouse Doesn't Track as Precisely in Windows Apps - Little bit of float or delay

Hello Gerry,

I am Jaspreet Singh.

Since the problem can be reproduced across multiple devices it is an issue with the mouse or the drivers itself.

Most likely the drivers provided by the manufacturer are not fully compatible with the version of windows in your system.

Jaspreet.Singh_050., Feb 2, 2023
  4. Mouse Doesn't Track as Precisely in Windows Apps - Little bit of float or delay

Mouse Doesn't Track as Precisely in Windows Apps - Little bit of float or delay

Hello Singh,

So, the mouse worked fine on other devices. It got me thinking refresh rate on the monitors.

I have 2 32", the laptop, and 4th is a 34" wide angle.

When I went into advance settings, I found one of the 32" the main one I was using was using a 30htz refresh rate.

The 2nd 32", the Laptop, and 34" were all using 60htz.. The 30htz wouldn't let me change the htz up or down, but the other 3 did.

I then thought maybe when I ordered the two 32" from Amazon that they gave me a 30 htz and one 60 htz. (Side note, when I got them one had a European plug and the other English plug) the European plug the box had been opened and looked to be returned. Meaning someone may have ordered a 30, and 60 and swapped them and got a better screen and money back, or maybe I was just jumping to conclusions.

Anyway, I jumped to conclusions on that theory.

I then decided to live with the issue, and just swap the position of the 30/60 on my desk so my 60 htz would be my main monitor.

When I did this, I unplugged everything and repositioned and then plugged them back into my dell hub.

I then just restarted the computer and let them all reset and start fresh.

Once I did, something weird happened. The 30htz which wouldn't let me select a higher or lower htz now let me and was at 60 htz.

Then I decided to check the other and they all were 60 htz. So not sure if a glitch or some sort of hiccup due to sequence of plugging them etc. caused the original 30 htz only.

They appear to working at a 60 htz speed and low latency seems to be improved and working normally. I think the 30 htz was just causing the delay.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thema:

Mouse Doesn't Track as Precisely in Windows Apps - Little bit of float or delay

1. Mouse Doesn't Track as Precisely in Windows Apps - Little bit of float or delay - Similar Threads - Mouse Doesn't Track

2. Delay mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delay mouse: Good evening, I have a problem on windows 10 and windows 11, I installed them cleanly, I installed different video drivers, I uninstalled the drivers from the peripherals,but the problem does not disappear. The problem is the delay, I noticed especially with the mouse, the...
  3. Mouse Doesn't Track as Precisely in Windows Apps - Little bit of float or delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Doesn't Track as Precisely in Windows Apps - Little bit of float or delay: Noticed recently in Apps for Windows, Excel, teams, Word, the mouse doesn't track as accurately or precisely. Curious if its me.Seems to float or not quite track to where I am pointing.Tried different mouse pads, different mice and same result.I cleaned my laser on the mouse,...
  4. Mouse Doesn't Track as Precisely in Windows Apps - Little bit of float or delay

Mouse Doesn't Track as Precisely in Windows Apps - Little bit of float or delay: Noticed recently in Apps for Windows, Excel, teams, Word, the mouse doesn't track as accurately or precisely. Curious if its me.Seems to float or not quite track to where I am pointing.Tried different mouse pads, different mice and same result.I cleaned my laser on the mouse,...
  5. make a little bit fast

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    make a little bit fast: I know and accept that my computer is not compatible with Windows 11. I just want to make it a little bit faster. This is only 2 and half years old and this PC is up to date. However, when I try to browser or do something it will load slower. This is just for home use and Im...
  6. make a little bit fast

make a little bit fast: I know and accept that my computer is not compatible with Windows 11. I just want to make it a little bit faster. This is only 2 and half years old and this PC is up to date. However, when I try to browser or do something it will load slower. This is just for home use and Im...
  7. A little bit of curiosity on installing Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A little bit of curiosity on installing Windows: Hey there, Speed here.I was wondering if I could install Windows on a tablet using an installation media on a PC connected to the tablet.Is it possible to install Windows to the tablet using the PC with the installation media and then go to OOBE on the tablet?My installation...
  8. A little bit of curiosity on installing Windows

A little bit of curiosity on installing Windows: Hey there, Speed here.I was wondering if I could install Windows on a tablet using an installation media on a PC connected to the tablet.Is it possible to install Windows to the tablet using the PC with the installation media and then go to OOBE on the tablet?My installation...
  9. A little bit problem.

A little bit problem.: Hi, I have a problem with my pc, I don't use it for a few minutes, around 15-20 minutes, the screen shows me a blue screen, after a few mouse clicks it returns to its settings I have disabled the sleep and shutdown mode options automatic. Can you help me with this issue,...
  10. Laptop keyboard and mouse track doesn't work

Laptop keyboard and mouse track doesn't work: My laptop keyboard and mouse track only work in bios and Windows 10 safe mode. I have removed drivers, updated drivers, reinstalled window 10 by disc, reinstalled windows 10 from laptop manufacturer via recovery USB, and performed a complete clean recovery through the...