Windows 10: mouse double click glitch amd hardware software glitch windows update 20h2

Discus and support mouse double click glitch amd hardware software glitch windows update 20h2 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since the update, I've figured out most of the issues with the exception of the double click error that's back, I've been unable to find a solution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by McCoye, Apr 18, 2021.

1. McCoye Win User

mouse double click glitch amd hardware software glitch windows update 20h2

Since the update, I've figured out most of the issues with the exception of the double click error that's back, I've been unable to find a solution after swapping hardware and uninstalling the software multiple times. I know this has been a problem popping up for 6 years now, I'm just not sure if anyone has found a solution that works while we wait for the plethora of problems to be sorted out here.

I did want to include a simple fix for the graphical glitch. You'll have to reboot the system and check for updates a couple times, I'm not sure why the PCI bus fails to recognize at some point in the process. For myself, there was no available update at this point, but on reboot it sorted itself on the hardware motherboard to OS side, but was still unable to access the graphical settings.

From that point, to fix the mismatch launch the Device Manager> drop down display adapters> right click the device> select properties> move to the drivers tab> highlight the driver version and copy it to your clipboard a bit tricky with a non functional left mouse button mind you. From there, open Registry Editor> Hkey_Local_Machine> Software> AMD> CN, right click Driver Version, select Modify, and under Value Data paste the driver version from clipboard and reboot.

This manually matches your software and driver values, allowing you to open your display settings, run the update, and at least for me sort itself out after a couple reboots.

With posts on the mouse issue going back to 2016, at least with the "solutions" I've found this afternoon, with the next fix, can we possibly include an option in mouse settings to disable double click functionality. I understand the optimism, but after over half a decade, the option to hit "enter" vs the inability to single click. I'd like to be able to double click, but hitting enter while waiting for a fix, and just a simple toggle in mouse settings is much less of a problem than tabbing through everything until there is a fix.

:)

McCoye, Apr 18, 2021

2. Mouse glitching

Hi thanks for replying.

The issues started like 3 to 4 weeks ago, no changes to my computer were made before this started happening, im using windows 10 version 1703.

So far, i have not taken any troubleshooting steps.

I have also noticed that, the mouse glitches when the computer have been on and working for at least more than an hour, anything else, the same, glitches when opening something or loading a web page.

Thanks for helping, i'll be waiting for new response.

Santiago Arcila, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Glitched Mouse with most recent Windows Update!

Hi Emma,

To resolve the issue you're having with using your mouse, we suggest that you run the
    Hardware Troubleshooter on the computer with the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key + S on your keyboard.
    • Type Troubleshooting and select it from the list.
    • Select Hardware and Sound, then Hardware and Devices.

If the issue persists, update your mouse or touch pad drivers with the steps on this

link.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Apr 18, 2021
  4. mouse double click glitch amd hardware software glitch windows update 20h2

Minor Upgrade Glitches

My b11102 just upgraded to b14267.

My PC exhibited a couple minor upgrade glitches.
    The glitches this time:
    • No mouse
    • K-Lite had to be reinstalled (after W10 displayed a pop-up about every video extension)
    After a reboot, the mouse has returned and everything else seems to be working OK. mouse double click glitch amd hardware software glitch windows update 20h2 :)

lehnerus2000, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

mouse double click glitch amd hardware software glitch windows update 20h2

1. mouse double click glitch amd hardware software glitch windows update 20h2 - Similar Threads - mouse double click

2. Mouse glitch?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse glitch?: Since earlier today, I removed my wireless mouse from its charger and plugged the usb into my laptop but when I opened bing and clicked on a website like YouTube, it kept taking me back to the new tab automatically and I tried it on chrome and other apps and it does the exact...
  3. Mouse glitch?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse glitch?: Since earlier today, I removed my wireless mouse from its charger and plugged the usb into my laptop but when I opened bing and clicked on a website like YouTube, it kept taking me back to the new tab automatically and I tried it on chrome and other apps and it does the exact...
  4. my mouse right click is "glitching"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my mouse right click is "glitching": About one month ago, my right mouse click started to glitch in some specific tabs, like file explorer and the desktop, but it wouldn't always fail. Since my english is not that good, i recorded a video showing the problem. In file explorer, when I just right click, it just...
  5. my mouse right click is "glitching"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my mouse right click is "glitching": About one month ago, my right mouse click started to glitch in some specific tabs, like file explorer and the desktop, but it wouldn't always fail. Since my english is not that good, i recorded a video showing the problem. In file explorer, when I just right click, it just...
  6. my mouse right click is "glitching"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Is the laptop screen glitch caused by the software or the hardware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the laptop screen glitch caused by the software or the hardware?: I've been having this issue recently where my laptop screen has been glitching out. The glitch makes the screen have that interlaced or jagged effect, making the text unreadable. When zooming into a video, it causes the glitch to escalate. The taskbar flickers, the screen...
  8. Is the laptop screen glitch caused by the software or the hardware?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is the laptop screen glitch caused by the software or the hardware?: I've been having this issue recently where my laptop screen has been glitching out. The glitch makes the screen have that interlaced or jagged effect, making the text unreadable. When zooming into a video, it causes the glitch to escalate. The taskbar flickers, the screen...
  9. Possible left-click mouse glitch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible left-click mouse glitch: So I was trying to open an image that arrived in my desktop messenger app. And for stupid reasons I was clicking it repeatedly, you know, when something doesn't work, click it like a maniac!So I noticed that it tried to open the image, but, then closed it immediately. And...
  10. Software Glitches

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Software Glitches: Hello, Since the middle of August my excel spreadsheets and Dorico music notation software have been glitching. Specifically, I cannot select things to copy and paste. In Dorico I select an option in which to work and it jumps to a different option. Can you confirm if this...