Windows 10: Mouse double clicking and releasing button holds itself

Discus and support Mouse double clicking and releasing button holds itself in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My Logitech G304 mouse has started to double clicking and also whenever I hold down the mouse buttons it releases them quickly. This also happened to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nanogines99, May 25, 2020.

1. Mouse double clicking and releasing button holds itself

My Logitech G304 mouse has started to double clicking and also whenever I hold down the mouse buttons it releases them quickly. This also happened to my last mouse. I started playing a lot of CS recently so I don't know if it's related to that. Is it common and are there solutions?

submitted by /u/Nanogines99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nanogines99, May 25, 2020
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.

Hi KathZ,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    • Does this issue occur on a different mouse?

This issue happens, if there is mouse/hardware issue or it can be settings issue. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Method 1: Restore the defaults.

1. Press Windows
      and E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Go to View tab on the top.
    3. Click on Options > Click on Change folder and Search options.
    4. Click on Restore Defaults.
      Click on Apply and Ok.

Method 2: Change the Mouse settings.

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Devices > Click on Mouse from the left panel of the window.
    3. Click on Additional Mouse Options from the right pane.
    4. This will open the Mouse Properties window, go to Buttons tab.
    5. Under the Double click speed, drag the slider to the left to slow down the double click speed.
    6. Next, go to Pointer options tab, uncheck the "Enhance Pointer Precision" to
      disable pointer precision to slow down the mouse.

For more information, I would suggest you to follow the
    steps
    provided in the post on 'Windows 10 mouse has started double clicking on single click randomly'.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, May 25, 2020
  3. Mouse double clicking

I'm having problem with my mouse on this specific day, it keeps on double clicking even though I only clicked it once. This is a problem as it sometimes release what I'm holding which has negative effects for me to play, work, etc. I'm using a HID compliant
    mouse.

Gene Andrei Manacop, May 25, 2020
  4. Mouse double clicking and releasing button holds itself

Mouse right click is intermittent; what should I check?

Hi everyone,

I've been having a problem with my Razer Copperhead mouse. Holding down the right mouse button no longer sends a constant hold-click to my PC; instead it repeats an endless cycle of click and release, like the "turbo" buttons on old console controllers. Still, the mouse makes only one audible click, initially, when holding down the button. This problem manifests itself in shooter games (where holding right click usually looks down the scope) as the gun constantly zooming in and out. This only occurs with the right mouse button, not the left. I'm right handed, so it's weird that the left mouse button gets more wear than the right but it still works fine.

I initially thought this was an issue with the mouse being dirty, so I disassembled the mouse and cleaned everything inside and out, and this didn't fix the issue. I would like suggestions on how I can fix the mouse or if replacing it is the only option.

Thanks in advance.

The Von Matrices, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Mouse double clicking and releasing button holds itself

1. Mouse double clicking and releasing button holds itself - Similar Threads - Mouse double clicking

2. Mouse left hold click randomly acts as a double click. windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse left hold click randomly acts as a double click. windows 11: if i hold left mouse button,the cursor just miss out by it self but in that time i'm still holding the left button and if I move the cursor on full screen game automatically minimize game it also minimize all program,i do so much thing to fix it, it's been 6 month that...
  3. Mouse left hold click randomly acts as a double click. windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse left hold click randomly acts as a double click. windows 11: if i hold left mouse button,the cursor just miss out by it self but in that time i'm still holding the left button and if I move the cursor on full screen game automatically minimize game it also minimize all program,i do so much thing to fix it, it's been 6 month that...
  4. Parkinsons can not hold mouse still and click button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parkinsons can not hold mouse still and click button: I have a client with Parkinsons and anxiety who has the shakes.She can use a mouse to position, but can not click without moving the mouse.Is there any way to remap the number pad keys to use a single keypress to choose a click action ie, single left, double click left, right...
  5. Parkinsons can not hold mouse still and click button

Parkinsons can not hold mouse still and click button: I have a client with Parkinsons and anxiety who has the shakes.She can use a mouse to position, but can not click without moving the mouse.Is there any way to remap the number pad keys to use a single keypress to choose a click action ie, single left, double click left, right...
  6. My mouse is double clicking when holding the mouse click button to drag pls help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse is double clicking when holding the mouse click button to drag pls help me: In adobe illustrator i were using pen tool to create curves but it was acting erratically then i thought it was software problem but when i select something in google by dragging the same thing is happening so pls help me is it the mouse problem or the driver i thought it was...
  7. My mouse is double clicking when holding the mouse click button to drag pls help me

My mouse is double clicking when holding the mouse click button to drag pls help me: In adobe illustrator i were using pen tool to create curves but it was acting erratically then i thought it was software problem but when i select something in google by dragging the same thing is happening so pls help me is it the mouse problem or the driver i thought it was...
  8. Mouse Clicks twice with on button press, but it is not counted as a double click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Clicks twice with on button press, but it is not counted as a double click: 75% approximately of the time, when I click the left mouse button once it is counted as two separate clicks, but not as a double click. Ex. when I try to pause a song or video, it pauses and unpauses again. This does not happen when I right click. I have tried plugging the...
  9. Double-Click Hold for Right-Click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Double-Click Hold for Right-Click: Hey everyone. I don't know if this is quite the most relevant subreddit for this question, but it was the closest I could think of. I recently purchased an air mouse with lots of useful hotkeys and a handheld keyboard that make it really good for couch PC use, but it's...
  10. mouse will not click and hold

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse will not click and hold: Something has changed in the last few days. The proper function of the mouse is to click once to place the cursor. Click twice to select a word and click three times to select the paragraph. What it is doing, if I click once it selects a word as if I clicked it twice. If I...