Windows 10: Mouse double clicking on single click on Windows 10

Discus and support Mouse double clicking on single click on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Mouse double clicking on single click on windows 10, pretty sure its software issue as: 1) it does not happen on another windows 8 laptop 2) I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fadz777, Sep 8, 2018.

1. fadz777 Win User

Mouse double clicking on single click on Windows 10

Mouse double clicking on single click on windows 10, pretty sure its software issue as:

1) it does not happen on another windows 8 laptop

2) I have managed to solve it temporarily (1 day) after uninstalling all drivers through device manager and restarting my laptop. Also reinstalled logitech driver from its website.

However the problem comes back and I can't be expected to do this everyday to fix it. Your replies are highly appreciated, thank you!

:)

fadz777, Sep 8, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Single-click or double-click?

As the title says, do you single-click or double-click on your shortcuts to open your apps?

I'm a fan of single-click, the only downside is that often when I click on a message in de list of my mails in Outlook it can open the mail in a window...
    Not always but besides that, single-click works best for me.

P4-630, Sep 8, 2018
  3. R9
    r9 Win User
    Single-click or double-click?

Yes.

4. AJMcInnis Win User

Windows 10 mouse randomly double clicking on single clicks

Thanks for this effort, I have Logitech M570 ball mouse, and it and others still double click for single clicks, release drag and drop window selections at random points and generally make engineering work impossible with Windows 10.

The steps you indicated made no difference. I have eliminated mouse, driver, switches leaving only the change in Windows 10 as the cause.

Please if anyone has a solution which works, let me know!

AJMcInnis, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse double clicking on single click on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mouse double clicking

2. Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.: ***Modify title from: "Save As" does not obey my "double click" setting, but other file explore works properly with a double click to open a folder *** I have my File Explorer settings adjusted to use a double click to open a folder, and it always works properly EXCEPT when...
  3. single click

in Windows 10 Customization
    single click: I am trying to change my settings on Microsoft 10 to be able to not have to double-click, but single click only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/single-click/b893ac61-55a1-4c3e-8d2d-6c2e3bd3bc09
  4. Mouse randomly double or triple clicking on single click, help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse randomly double or triple clicking on single click, help!: Ever since a recent update, I've been having very annoying issues with my mouse involving double or triple clicking most normal clicks and not properly registering "click and hold" commands. Thus, it is impossible to click and drag windows (it will just randomly drop them),...
  5. Mouse randomly double or triple clicking on single click, help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse randomly double or triple clicking on single click, help!: Ever since a recent update, I've been having very annoying issues with my mouse involving double or triple clicking most normal clicks and not properly registering "click and hold" commands. Thus, it is impossible to click and drag windows (it will just randomly drop them),...
  6. One Click Open to Touch Screen and Double Click Open to Mouse ?

One Click Open to Touch Screen and Double Click Open to Mouse ?: Hi , I am used to tablets style when it comes to touch screens where one click opens/runs apps yet however when I use the mouse its entirely different , i either want to drag , fast rename as a priority , i get to see the option is linked in folder properties , choose one...
  7. Stupid mouse keeps doubling my single-clicks

Stupid mouse keeps doubling my single-clicks: I started up my computer yesterday to find that my mouse was acting up, AGAIN. About 50% of the time I single-click something, the computer would interpret it as two clicks. I tried removing the driver and reinstalling it. No dice. Tried changing the double-click speed to the...
  8. Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click: Hi there. I have a generic logitech mouse and since I moved to Windows 10, it's been behaving really weirdly. I am not sure if its the issue with the mouse or is it due to something on Windows 10. When I click on an icon on the desktop with a single click, it sometimes...
  9. Open Items with Single-Click or Double-Click in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Items with Single-Click or Double-Click in Windows 10: I've been doing this for years. I'm pretty sure it was Vista or Windows 7 when I first discovered 'single click'. Now, when I'm working on someone else's computer, I'm lost until I realize I have to double click. *Smile 40271
  10. Single click acts as a double click 20% of the time

in Windows 10 Support
    Single click acts as a double click 20% of the time: About a month ago my mouse started double clicking. Its random, like 20% of my clicks act as a double click. Tested with logitech g9, steelseries sensei and razer naga, so its definitely not a hw issue. Did clean win install with the lastest drivers, firmwares, and win...