Windows 10: Mouse drivers broken, reset PC, lost files, restore points missing, I'm at a loss

Discus and support Mouse drivers broken, reset PC, lost files, restore points missing, I'm at a loss in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In January, Windows installed a stack update to my PC which broke my mouse drivers. My mouse I tried 3 different devices is randomly intermittently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bestiebets, Feb 20, 2024.

1. Mouse drivers broken, reset PC, lost files, restore points missing, I'm at a loss

In January, Windows installed a stack update to my PC which broke my mouse drivers. My mouse I tried 3 different devices is randomly intermittently left- and right-clicking in the bottom left-middle of the main display screen. This has caused settings to be changed, items to be deleted, programs to malfunction, and also inhibits any activity on the PC, especially videos/games. The only resolution I can find online is to use the device manager > mouse properties > update driver, which tells me I already have the newest driver installed. This is incorrect. The mouse driver that's install

:)

bestiebets, Feb 20, 2024

2. missing apps after reset to the PC

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have lost some apps after performing a reset to your PC. We will help you.

• Are you not able to access the Windows store?
    Before performing reset ensure you must have to select
    Keep my files. It will do the following,

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)
    So as you have performed the reset to your PC the apps are missing. We suggest you to download the applications again and check if it helps.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 20, 2024
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Feb 20, 2024
  4. Richard - Win User

Mouse drivers broken, reset PC, lost files, restore points missing, I'm at a loss

Unable to restore Windows to a restore point or reset PC

I was installing a new browser called Opera GX. In the middle of the installation, my PC crashed and went into the BIOS mode. After rebooting several times, my PC went into the automatic repair mode. Unfortunately, it was unable to repair my PC automatically. As such, it provided me with the options to troubleshoot the PC.

I then had a restore point for my PC a week ago because I automatically create a restore point weekly. But I was unable to restore my PC to that restore point because it said that my C drive, that contains the boot file, is corrupted. So then it presented me with the option to repair the disc, which I clicked. Unfortunately, it then told me that it was unable to repair the disc because it was write protected.

As such, I tried to make the disc not read only. And what I have tried so far are the three things below:

• Running the chkdsk command for disc C to remove the read only attribute. Unfortunately, it doesn't work.
    • Running the diskpart command and then running attributes clear disk readonly. This also doesn't work.
    • And the final thing I tried was running the regedit command, then creating a folder called StrorageDevicePolicies and setting a file to value 0. After rebooting, it still doesn't work.
    Because I thought that all is lost, I tried to reset the PC instead and remove the file completely. Unfortunately, the same thing happened and the PC just told me that the reset is unable to be done and that no changes were made. I am not sure what I can do now to launch my PC with Windows 11. Can someone please help me?

Richard -, Feb 20, 2024
Thema:

Mouse drivers broken, reset PC, lost files, restore points missing, I'm at a loss

1. Mouse drivers broken, reset PC, lost files, restore points missing, I'm at a loss - Similar Threads - Mouse drivers broken

2. Mouse drivers broken, reset PC, lost files, restore points missing, I'm at a loss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse drivers broken, reset PC, lost files, restore points missing, I'm at a loss: In January, Windows installed a stack update to my PC which broke my mouse drivers. My mouse I tried 3 different devices is randomly intermittently left- and right-clicking in the bottom left-middle of the main display screen. This has caused settings to be changed, items to...
  3. Mouse drivers broken, reset PC, lost files, restore points missing, I'm at a loss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse drivers broken, reset PC, lost files, restore points missing, I'm at a loss: In January, Windows installed a stack update to my PC which broke my mouse drivers. My mouse I tried 3 different devices is randomly intermittently left- and right-clicking in the bottom left-middle of the main display screen. This has caused settings to be changed, items to...
  4. Unable to restore Windows to a restore point or reset PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to restore Windows to a restore point or reset PC: I was installing a new browser called Opera GX. In the middle of the installation, my PC crashed and went into the BIOS mode. After rebooting several times, my PC went into the automatic repair mode. Unfortunately, it was unable to repair my PC automatically. As such, it...
  5. Unable to restore Windows to a restore point or reset PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to restore Windows to a restore point or reset PC: I was installing a new browser called Opera GX. In the middle of the installation, my PC crashed and went into the BIOS mode. After rebooting several times, my PC went into the automatic repair mode. Unfortunately, it was unable to repair my PC automatically. As such, it...
  6. Restore Points and Resets

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Points and Resets: My windows has been updated 10 days ago without me knowing, Causing my device too be laggy. since i cant revert it back i decided to reset my pc but Will my restore point also get deleted?...
  7. Lost restore point for backuped files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost restore point for backuped files: I have a lot of files that were backed up with microsofts own backup and restore function.Now when I reinstalled win10 the system can't find any restore points for theese files.Windows added a string to the filenames whenever it was starting a new backup session.The string...
  8. Restore Point reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Point reset: I'm stuck in :Please wait while Windows Files-Settings are recovering. The registry is restoring. This a translation from German to english by myself "Warten Sie, während die Windows-Dateien und- Einstellungen wiederhergestellt werden. Die Registrierung wird...
  9. Lost Restore Point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Lost Restore Point: How can recover my last restore point that got pushed out of the way? 87448
  10. broken restore point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    broken restore point: December 3, 2016 Greetings Windows 10 guru’s After reading countless articles and YouTube videos on the subject of restore point IMs totally stuck. My problem first started with bad pool header, which after countless reboots it suddenly stopped. This is what happens...