Windows 10: Mouse: erratic scroll up and down without mouse input

Discus and support Mouse: erratic scroll up and down without mouse input in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Sometimes, when I am not rolling the mouse wheel, the focused window's contents scroll up and down like I were rolling the mouse wheel. As far... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JDias5, Nov 24, 2019.

1. JDias5 Win User

Mouse: erratic scroll up and down without mouse input

Hello,

Sometimes, when I am not rolling the mouse wheel, the focused window's contents scroll up and down like I were rolling the mouse wheel. As far as I know this is a problem that happens in all my applications. When this happens, even if a roll the mouse wheel, the erratic scroll up and down continues. Also, sometimes, it happens that the computer doesn't respond to the mouse wheel movement.

This issue occurs only sometimes. The mouse wheel has periods of time when works as expected.

I have na updated Windows 10 (version 1903).

Could you help me?

Thank you.

Best Regards.

:)

JDias5, Nov 24, 2019
  2. Vickyp10 Win User

Mouse scrolling erratically

All of a sudden this morning my wireless mouse is scrolling erratically. It moves a few lines in one direction then reverses and moves in the opposite direction. It continually does this so I can't get where I want to.

Thanks.

Vickyp10, Nov 24, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 not registering Mouse Scroll Wheel input

Hi, welcome to tenforums.

Suggest you try:
    a. A different mouse
    b. Safe mode (will use different driver)
    c. Check inside mouse- dirt can get into mouse around the scroll wheel - I find cat hairs accumulate
    d.Check the value of

Mouse: erratic scroll up and down without mouse input [​IMG]

"WheelScrollLines"="0" - probably disables scrolling.

dalchina, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Mouse: erratic scroll up and down without mouse input

How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

Thanks; yes, those are great directions and did work to change the direction of the wired mouse that came with the computer. But the mouse I'm using doesn't show up as a mouse in the hardware list, so I can't follow the rest of those steps. I need the mouse to appear on the list of mice in order to complete this sequence.

salishsong, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Mouse: erratic scroll up and down without mouse input

1. Mouse: erratic scroll up and down without mouse input - Similar Threads - Mouse erratic scroll

2. Mouse Scrolling Down Goes Up Slightly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Scrolling Down Goes Up Slightly: Hello all,13 years passed and still the same problem as described herehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scrolling-down-goes-up-slightly/e1a58d5d-684a-47fc-ad9f-d745a15686ffHave just purchased two new A4tech Wireless,when scrolling down using the...
  3. Mouse Scrolling Down Goes Up Slightly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Scrolling Down Goes Up Slightly: Hello all,13 years passed and still the same problem as described herehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scrolling-down-goes-up-slightly/e1a58d5d-684a-47fc-ad9f-d745a15686ffHave just purchased two new A4tech Wireless,when scrolling down using the...
  4. mouse scrolling jumps up and down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse scrolling jumps up and down: When I go to scroll to read a page my mouse wheel jumps up and down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scrolling-jumps-up-and-down/cf96c624-0974-41d9-bbc3-69f52e02b9d3
  5. Erratic Mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Erratic Mouse: My mouse is very erratic. How can I get control of it? Bob https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erratic-mouse/c4363f64-4279-4012-bb61-7ef87ea54845
  6. Erratic mouse

Erratic mouse: Mouse is usb wired. Updates are on and since March 2020 my mouse starts jumping and clicking all over the screen, I have disabled the touch screen, the touch pad, but problem remains, weirdly,.... If I touch the screen with my other hand while mousing I am able to control...
  7. Mouse Scrolling Down Goes Up Slightly

Mouse Scrolling Down Goes Up Slightly: Hello, so I am using a laptop with a windows 10 operating system. Until this evening I haven't had any problem with my mouse. But this evening while I was surfing on the web, while I tried to scroll down with my mouse wheel I saw that after I go down a little with the wheel...
  8. mouse erratic

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse erratic: mouse not erratic in safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/mouse-erratic/69d972f6-64b9-4e99-9744-2f9f1b141a58
  9. Mouse scrolling erratically

Mouse scrolling erratically: All of a sudden this morning my wireless mouse is scrolling erratically. It moves a few lines in one direction then reverses and moves in the opposite direction. It continually does this so I can't get where I want to. Thanks....
  10. Erratic mouse

Erratic mouse: I installed Windows 10 on day one or two of the upgrade and have been using it since on my Toshiba 64 bit laptop. It was an upgrade from 8.1. A note that this laptop is a touch screen that I cracked, disabling the touch function a year or so ago. No problems on Windows 8....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse scroll erratic up and down

2. mouse scrolling without input

3. wireless mouse scrolls erratically