Windows 10: Mouse exceptionally slow

Discus and support Mouse exceptionally slow in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Win10 Pro 1909 18363.1440 no further updates currently available to me. HID-Compliant Mouse My mouse movement is exceptionally slow. When I first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RussellZoloft, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Mouse exceptionally slow

Win10 Pro 1909 18363.1440 no further updates currently available to me.

HID-Compliant Mouse

My mouse movement is exceptionally slow.

When I first got this computer a few months back, I had a hard time settling on a mouse, finally decided to stick with a good old fashioned wired usb. Every time I switched mice, I had to increase the pointer speed in mouse properties. It's currently at max, but, up until yesterday, that was fine, it was the speed I wanted it to be.

Yesterday, I had to replace my monitor, went from 1080p to 2160p. But, wow, everything is too small for my old eyes. So, I have the monitor resolution set for 1920x1080, so it looks like it did before.

But, now, it makes the mouse even slower!

I've unplugged the mouse, and uninstalled the driver from device manager, and re-plugged in the mouse, but this made no difference (control panel still has me at insufficient max speed).

What else can be done to reset the mouse speed, or otherwise speed the tracking up?

Thanks for reading!

-R

submitted by /u/RussellZoloft
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RussellZoloft, Apr 13, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 13, 2021
  3. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Mouse exceptionally slow

Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Mouse exceptionally slow

1. Mouse exceptionally slow - Similar Threads - Mouse exceptionally slow

2. Slow response of mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow response of mouse: Have brand new computer with Windows 10 worked super first few months. Now the mouse takes forever to move around screen. The wheel just spins and spins before finally moving to where I want the mouse. I've run CCleaner and Avast but nothing found. Thanks for your help....
  3. Slow response of mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow response of mouse: Have brand new computer with Windows 10 worked super first few months. Now the mouse takes forever to move around screen. The wheel just spins and spins before finally moving to where I want the mouse. I've run CCleaner and Avast but nothing found. Thanks for your help....
  4. Slow response of mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse exceptionally slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse exceptionally slow: Win10 Pro 1909 18363.1440 no further updates currently available to me. HID-Compliant Mouse My mouse movement is exceptionally slow. When I first got this computer a few months back, I had a hard time settling on a mouse, finally decided to stick with a good old fashioned...
  6. Mouse turned slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse turned slow: So my mouse suddenly go super slow, but it's not lagging and has no responding problems. In the lock screen it works normally, but when I log in, it gets slow. I tried like every setting, but it still doesn't work. Anyone had the same problem or knows how to fix that?...
  7. Mouse pointer slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse pointer slow: Every time I start Windows the mouse pointer gets extremely slow and laggy for about one minute. I want to know if it is a problem with my computer or a driver. Excuse my english...
  8. System freezes except mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System freezes except mouse: Got a new PC recently. I'm having a problem where it frequently freezes up, but i can still move my cursor around. I usually use the restart button on the front of my case because I can't open up the start menu. The most recent instant of this happening however, every time I...
  9. Mouse too slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse too slow: My mouse in Windows 10 is very slow in games (CS: GO and other games). I can't play CS: GO with 400 DPI because mouse moving too slow. 43506
  10. Windows 10 exceptionally slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 exceptionally slow: I'm having a problem with windows functioning properly. It's extremely slow, takes a long time to load a program, sometimes so long I give up. Some programs I can't open at times. Is Windows experiencing a problem with functionality in this regard? With programs not opening,...