Windows 10: Mouse falters, generates error sound and displays during 3D games

Discus and support Mouse falters, generates error sound and displays during 3D games in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My mouse has been behaving erratically as described for the last week or so. I think it's either a driver or Windows update issue (or both). I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GotMeNow, Mar 15, 2019.

1. GotMeNow Win User

Mouse falters, generates error sound and displays during 3D games

My mouse has been behaving erratically as described for the last week or so. I think it's either a driver or Windows update issue (or both). I've tried

• Doing clean reinstalls and rollbacks of the video card driver
    • Removing mouse drivers (official drivers aren't available so I rely on default Windows ones)
    • Plugging the mouse in another USB port

The issue seems to also be present in safe mode.

I heard that the last Windows update caused mouse issues, but I'm not sure of what's being done about it and if anything, when.

I'm not sure how to roll back Windows updates so I haven't tried that yet.

I haven't tried another mouse yet. Would rather make buying a new one a last resort.

If you have any other ideas about how to tackle this, they would be much appreciated.

Key specs

• Windows 10 64bit
    • Basic Logitech USB mouse
    • Nvidia Geforce 1070 video card driver

:)

GotMeNow, Mar 15, 2019

2. primary display's adapter does not support NVIDIA 3D Vision. Error. Windows 10 Pro

Thank you for updating us.

"If you think, totally UNISTALLING all NVIDIA software should SOLVE MY PROBLEM" - Are you referring to NVIDIA graphics card or NVIDIA 3D Vision? If you're referring to
    NVIDIA 3D Vision, the cause of the error is due to incompatibility of your graphics card.
    NVIDIA 3D Vision is a stereoscopic gaming kit from NVIDIA and driver software which enables stereoscopic vision for any Direct3D game, with various degrees of compatibility. To help you resolve the issue, we suggest that you uninstall the driver
    of the NVIDIA 3D Vision. To uninstall NVIDIA 3D Vision, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows Start and type Programs and Features.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Look for NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver or NVIDIA Vision Controller Driver.
    • Click on uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Game Bar freezes Computer

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• What is the model number of the computer?

• Which game are you trying to play?
    • Try playing other games and check what the status is.
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. Visit the below link:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us...for-5th-generation-intel-core-processors.html

Method 3.

For the sound issue try the below steps.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Mouse falters, generates error sound and displays during 3D games

Mouse Pointer almost invisible when pressed Win + G in games.

Hi Isaquede,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your mouse pointer, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes/updates made on your device?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • Is it happening in all your activities?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

In the meantime, we suggest that check these article: Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    & How to troubleshoot mouse pointer display issues in Microsoft games, and follow
    the troubleshooting steps to resolve your mouse pointer issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Mouse falters, generates error sound and displays during 3D games

1. Mouse falters, generates error sound and displays during 3D games - Similar Threads - Mouse falters generates

2. Sound Problem During Online Meeting and Video Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Problem During Online Meeting and Video Games: Hello,I have a problem that have been recurring since yesterday. During a meeting either on Zoom or Google Meet, I could not hear anything, just a tiny bit of scrunches or little noise and never any proper voice from my colleagues even though before I joined, the songs I...
  3. Mouse Issues during Game play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Issues during Game play: This is going to be a rather long message. I play Skyrim SE. During game play there is a Microsoft sound and a Windows Hourglass Pointer shows up in the game. It dows not replace the game pointer. I end up with 2 pointers. Now I play in offline mode. I have every app disabled...
  4. 3D display mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    3D display mode: i was curious about 3d mode when i saw it. i turned it on and now my screen went dark. bios still works but i cant see anything outside of the bios. how am i supposed to turn it off if i cant see anything. this seriously needs to be fixed. please help me....
  5. 3D display switch

in Windows 10 Customization
    3D display switch: I accidentally switch the 3D view switch in my Windows 10 display settings. I lost all views and now I can see or do anything? How can I reset display setting without going into the control panel?...
  6. BSOD ntoskrnl.exe crashes during gameplay consistent issue with 3D games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD ntoskrnl.exe crashes during gameplay consistent issue with 3D games: I am starting to think that this is an issue with my RAM that I installed several months ago. I recently air-cleaned my computer but the same crash appeared. I will attach a screen shot of the most recent crashes found by bluescreenviewer. Things I have done: - reinstalled...
  7. Pointer (mouse or trackpad) never falters, clicks and keystrokes do

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pointer (mouse or trackpad) never falters, clicks and keystrokes do: Hello there, I installed a clean version of Win 10 Pro 1909 on a HP laptop EliteBook 8770W. At the same time, I replaced the HDD with a new Samsung EVO 860 SSD. Most drivers came with Win 10, the rest from several HP sites. The wireless mouse is a plain Logitech M325. Every...
  8. Black screen (like display driver crash) mostly during gaming, no errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen (like display driver crash) mostly during gaming, no errors: Hello, I'm hoping I can get some sort of assistance with this as I'm at a loss for what to troubleshoot. A bit ago I picked up a Vega 64 which was working fine for a while, then after forcing the Windows 1903 (I think? the one required for the new Xbox (beta) app to use...
  9. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR during games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR during games: Okay it was one game so far, Rust. I plan on trying others and doing some prime95/memtest later on but I'm gonna post this here already incase someone more knowledgeable wants to take a look, and to make sure if it's an actual faulty CPU or some driver being funny....
  10. Crackling sound and lagging during games

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Crackling sound and lagging during games: Hi! First of all, I'll try to explain my problem as detailed as I can, but since I've ran into so many walls during the past 2 days, I'm really not sure where the problem lies. So a few days ago I noticed, that my computer no longer sees my TV, connected via HDMI. As...