Windows 10: Mouse feeling slower/heavier than usual

Discus and support Mouse feeling slower/heavier than usual in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello ! I'm really sorry to bother but my issue is annoying as hell. When I came to pc, everything was great, I had my 400 dpi glorious model o,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zNic-, Aug 15, 2020.

1. /u/zNic- Win User

Mouse feeling slower/heavier than usual

Hello !

I'm really sorry to bother but my issue is annoying as hell. When I came to pc, everything was great, I had my 400 dpi glorious model o, playing fps with a nice feeling, good aim ect.Then, suddenly, the mouse stopped working. I unplugged it and plugged it back, but it wouldn't turn the lights on. Tried another usb port, not working as well.

I went to device manager, and uninstalled my mouse hid driver. I plugged the mouse back in, and it was working again.But now it's feeling way slower than before. It's like having 200-300 dpi instead of 400, or having mouse accel on. As an example, on csgo, 3.0 sens at 400 dpi was too high for me, but now it's slow as hell.

I tried to do a clean boot of windows 10, check if updates were needed, tried another mices ect... nothing is working.The mouse isn't responsive anymore, it feels so slow and 'heavy'. I don't know what to do.

I tried my in game sens on a friend's PC, and it was way more responsive/different than on my PC.

Thanks for the help, sorry for the grammatical mistakes

submitted by /u/zNic-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zNic-, Aug 15, 2020

2. Mouse Lag!?!

Basically what it does is remove the mouse acceleration in XP. The mouse will feel slower at first, but eventually you'll get used to it... the only reason why I suggested the mouse fix was because mouse acceleration sometimes causes the sensation of having a laggy mouse (laggy meaning responding slowly). If you meant lag as in jumping around and generally not being responsive, then I guess you'll need to wait for more suggestions *Smile Mouse feeling slower/heavier than usual :)

anticlutch, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Mouse sensitivity changed by itself. It feels weird, incosistant, like it's on ice.

Hi,

We see that you are having issues with the sensitivity of your mouse. Is the Enhance pointer precision in your PC enabled? If not, you can follow the steps below:

• Type Mouse in the Search bar.
    • Click on Mouse and Touchpad settings.
    • Click on the Additional mouse options.
    • Click on the Pointer Options tab.
    • Uncheck the Enhance pointer precision checkbox.

If the issue persists, we suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Follow the steps provided below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Eric Ber, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Wenex Win User

Mouse sensitivity changed by itself. It feels weird, incosistant, like it's on ice.

The enchance pointer precision is off, I did mention it in the post: "- Mouse Acceleration is OFF"

I did the troubleshooting and it found nothing.

Wenex, Aug 15, 2020
  5. x8009 New Member
    Hi, did you find out what causes it? did you fix it?

x8009, Apr 19, 2023
Thema:

1. Mouse feeling slower/heavier than usual - Similar Threads - Mouse feeling slower

2. Internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I notice it recently but my download and upload sleep was dropping. I notice it by playing my game and I keep lagging. I check always my adapter and network but ther seems no problem. Is there any options to check what causes this?...
  3. Internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I notice it recently but my download and upload sleep was dropping. I notice it by playing my game and I keep lagging. I check always my adapter and network but ther seems no problem. Is there any options to check what causes this?...
  4. Internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I don't know what may cause the prboelm but I notice that my download and upload speed is deopping I noticed it when I'm playing my game, however I don't know what might be the reason behind it, I always do troubleshootimg in network adapter but recently it's not working...
  6. internet becoming slower and slower than usual

internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I don't know what may cause the prboelm but I notice that my download and upload speed is deopping I noticed it when I'm playing my game, however I don't know what might be the reason behind it, I always do troubleshootimg in network adapter but recently it's not working...
  7. internet becoming slower and slower than usual

8. Internet slower than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet slower than usual: I have been facing network issues since the morning. While playing Minecraft, I'm facing a lot of lags that did not happen in the past. Confused, I ran windows network diagnostics, but it couldn't identify the problem. Then I tried troubleshooting the network adapter, didn't...
  9. Internet slower than usual

Internet slower than usual: I have been facing network issues since the morning. While playing Minecraft, I'm facing a lot of lags that did not happen in the past. Confused, I ran windows network diagnostics, but it couldn't identify the problem. Then I tried troubleshooting the network adapter, didn't...
  10. Ethernet slower than usual

Ethernet slower than usual: Recently, I moved my PC to another area and now the ethernet went from 120 mpbs download speed to 30. The router and everything is right next to the PC, but yet the ethernet speed was cut in four. What happened and how do I fix it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Sensitivity feels slower windows

2. Sensitivity feels heavy