Windows 10: Mouse floaty after update/restart

Discus and support Mouse floaty after update/restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! Im having a wierd problem, my mouse is "floaty" after some update or something. When i rebooted Windows 10 yesterday a screen appeared with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pskjonte, Jan 4, 2021.

1. pskjonte Win User

Mouse floaty after update/restart

Hello!

Im having a wierd problem, my mouse is "floaty" after some update or something. When i rebooted Windows 10 yesterday a screen appeared with outlook/office login prompts (kinda like when a windows update completed), after that i just pressed cancel, and booted to windows. After that my mouse is floaty and to fast. Tried to change it but its not as snappy as before.

Restored Windows 10 with my backup (aeomei backupper) from december, but when i boot to windows, the same happens with the update window, then my mouse is floaty again.

I have the latest drivers and updates for my mouse (logitech mx master 2s), and the latest windows updates (19041.685), Windows 10 Home, 2004

Minor issue maybe, but very annoying, i want my snappy mouse cursor back *Wink

Anyone have simillar issues?

:)

pskjonte, Jan 4, 2021

2. Touch pad Mouse

The mouse driver can be outdated which causes the issue. To resolve this, we need to do several troubleshooting steps. We suggest that you update the mouse driver from the Device Manager. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Mouse driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 4, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Mouse floaty after update/restart :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Mouse floaty after update/restart

Counter Strike 1.6 (Game) Windows 10 Fall Creators Update mouse problem.

Thanks for the update and for performing the troubleshooting steps provided above. If this is an issue with the mouse driver, we would highly recommend contacting your computer manufacturer for any updates for the mouse driver.

For additional steps, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.

• Select System.

• Select Apps and features.

• Find the game and click Advanced options.

• Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to contact us anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Mouse floaty after update/restart

1. Mouse floaty after update/restart - Similar Threads - Mouse floaty update

2. Floaty mouse since October 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Floaty mouse since October 2022: I'm here to let everyone know the problem I've been dealing with since October 2022: I had just updated my graphic card drivers when I noticed that my Valorant gameplay wasn't smooth anymore, I didn't think it was an important problem so I kept playing for a few days. I...
  3. Floaty mouse since October 2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Floaty mouse since October 2022: I'm here to let everyone know the problem I've been dealing with since October 2022: I had just updated my graphic card drivers when I noticed that my Valorant gameplay wasn't smooth anymore, I didn't think it was an important problem so I kept playing for a few days. I...
  4. No Restart after update !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Restart after update !: Just updated with optional Cumulative update KB5005611 but there was no "restart" required which I found unusual. Is there a reason for this ? I have checked "View updates" and it looks like it was installed OK. I think this is the first time I have known it not to ask for a...
  5. No Restart after update !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Restart after update !: Just updated with optional Cumulative update KB5005611 but there was no "restart" required which I found unusual. Is there a reason for this ? I have checked "View updates" and it looks like it was installed OK. I think this is the first time I have known it not to ask for a...
  6. No Restart after update !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Mouse, keyboard, and display not working after update and restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse, keyboard, and display not working after update and restart.: Last night I restarted my computer to update it. Afterwards i watched the update hit 100% go through the next screen and then nothing. Black screen, no mouse, no keyboard. Still today nothing. Ive taken out the cmos battery and put it back in as well as bought a new one....
  8. Restart after update

Restart after update: Did Microsoft update yesterday and now computer is displaying only "Restarting" and the spinning dots. Suggestions????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restart-after-update/0162ff14-56a0-45b8-80f3-cede52d6fdc2
  9. restart after a update

restart after a update: I had a update today and it said it needed a restart which I did-but in history it still says I need a restart, I did another search for updates to see if that would make it change, but it said all is up to date, I run the troubleshooter but all is good, so why wont it...
  10. Mouse refuses to turn on again after restarts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse refuses to turn on again after restarts: 3 times now after doing restart. To fix, I unplug the mouse and plug it into a different port. If I unplug and replug into same port it will not turn on. I am running out of ports. Any clues as to what windows is doing? 74269