Windows 10: Mouse focuses on one window, does not switch. Also middle mouse click not working

Discus and support Mouse focuses on one window, does not switch. Also middle mouse click not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,I've had this weird problem for weeks now. My mouse, seemingly at random, doesn't focus the window I click on but instead returns to focus that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Miidnitea, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Miidnitea Win User

Mouse focuses on one window, does not switch. Also middle mouse click not working

Hello,I've had this weird problem for weeks now. My mouse, seemingly at random, doesn't focus the window I click on but instead returns to focus that which was in focus when it the problem started. For example: I'm in browser window A but when i click on browser window B, it automatically returns to focus A. I can get browser B into focus by ALT+TAB to it but when i click it returns to A.If it is a program that is in focus I can do everything inside the window but can't switch to anything else. While the problem is ongoing I can't switch tabs in my browser by left clicking but if I left clic

:)

Miidnitea, Jul 3, 2021

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Jul 3, 2021
  3. Mouse not working

Hi MaalisuoKofi,

It appears that your mouse is no longer detected on your computer. The possible reasons why its no longer working could be hardware or driver issues. For us to isolate and address this issue, we would like to ask the following information:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
    • If a desktop, are you using a USB or wireless mouse?

Since the issue appeared after an OS installation, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, search for Troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting in the search results.
    • In the left pane, click View all.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

You may also refer to Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows for more information.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 3, 2021
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Mouse focuses on one window, does not switch. Also middle mouse click not working

How do I get the middle mouse button to work? Comfort Mouse 4500

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need few more details so that we can narrow down to the root cause of the issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps.

1. Have you tried a similar mouse in the current system to check if the mouse wheel button works?

You can try few of the troubleshooting below and check if that works for you.

Method 1: Uninstall Mouse driver.

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Expand the Mice and other pointing devices.
    3. Select your Mouse driver.
    4. Right Click and uninstall it.
    5. Reboot the computer and check.

After the system is rebooted, you can repeat the same steps, to uninstall keyboard driver, you will have to expand Keyboards category to uninstall keyboard.

If you still face the issue, try next method.

Method 2: Uninstall USB root hub.

I suggest you to check the article
    USB devices may stop functioning correctly when multiple devices connected to the same USB hub go into selective suspend
    , follow the troubleshooting steps and check if this helps you.

Disclaimer: The registry is a database in Windows that contains important information about system hardware, installed programs and settings, and profiles of each of the user accounts
    on the computer. Windows often reads and updates the information in the registry.

Normally, software programs make registry changes automatically. You should not make unnecessary changes to the registry. Changing registry files incorrectly can cause Windows to stop working or make Windows report the wrong information.

I suggest you to
    back up your registry
    before making any changes.

Method 3: Download and install driver manually.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the current mouse driver

download and install the driver from Microsoft website

You can also Press Left Alt+ Shift key on your keyboard to switch language.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jul 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Mouse focuses on one window, does not switch. Also middle mouse click not working - Similar Threads - Mouse focuses window

2. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  3. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  4. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse focus is not working at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse focus is not working at all: Does not matter the program running.... World of Warcraft or Twitch or Notepad.I could be typing and if lets say the mouse moves either accidental but no clicking of the mouse was done then I can no longer type! This never happened in Windows 2000 or Windows XP or Windows...
  6. Mouse focus is not working at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse focus is not working at all: Does not matter the program running.... World of Warcraft or Twitch or Notepad.I could be typing and if lets say the mouse moves either accidental but no clicking of the mouse was done then I can no longer type! This never happened in Windows 2000 or Windows XP or Windows...
  7. Windows turns off my mouse on shutdown and does not middle clicks

Windows turns off my mouse on shutdown and does not middle clicks: Hi,I have MSI GE72 6QD and ever since I reinstalled my Windows 10 yesterday, the Windows keeps turning off the mouse on shut down/sleep and I have to manually switch it off and on from the button underneath. Also, it won't detect the middle clicksthe scroll works. The mouse...
  8. Middle Mouse Button Click Isn't Working

Middle Mouse Button Click Isn't Working: Unfortunately, earlier today, my middle mouse button stopped working whenever I clicked it. I plugged in another mouse, one that I had just bought from the store, and it's middle mouse button wasn't working either. I tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them,...
  9. Right click with mouse does not work

Right click with mouse does not work: I am using a Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600. Until the last Windows update I have been able to right click with the mouse , but all of a sudden nothing happens when I am right clicking. Nothing wrong with mouse as it is still working on computer running Win7. The...
  10. Middle Mouse Button Click Issue

Middle Mouse Button Click Issue: I have a Dell WM257 mouse/keyboard running on Windows 10 desktop. The middle button on the mouse suddenly stopped working. There doesn't seem to be anyway to check or change the settings for this, although the settings that are available did not change. Reinstalling the...