Windows 10: Mouse freezes constantly

Discus and support Mouse freezes constantly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; this started about a week ago - the mouse pointer will intermittently freeze. it happens in all applications, so is likely Windows related. I have not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LeonBwr, Feb 26, 2020.

1. LeonBwr Win User

Mouse freezes constantly

this started about a week ago - the mouse pointer will intermittently freeze. it happens in all applications, so is likely Windows related. I have not installed/upgraded any software myself at that time auto updates may have happened . its completely random. Sometimes it wont happen for an hour or two, then starts happening every few minutes.

I have the task manager going and alt tab will allow me to switch applications. The task manager shows no abnormal activity. CPU, disk access, network activity is normal - no spikes so its not an application eating up resources.

I have checked the mouse driver logitech M185 wireless mouse and windows says its the latest one. i have disabled "enhanced pointer precision" as per some online recommendations, i have replaced the mouse battery. nothing works.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this please?

:)

LeonBwr, Feb 26, 2020

2. Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Elisa0201 Win User
    MOUSE FREEZES CONSTANTLY - WINDOWS EDGE

Mouse constantly freezes, in both Windows and Chrome. Ideas?

Starting happening just a few weeks ago. Have a touchscreen Lenovo PC.

Appreciate your help!

Elisa0201, Feb 26, 2020
  4. mc13(2) Win User

Mouse freezes constantly

Mouse freezes with windows 10

Since I have downloaded windows 10 on my hp laptop, my mouse is constantly freezing. Any suggestions on how to fix this? This is very annoying, although I do like some of the new features, this problem is getting very annoying! Please help

mc13(2), Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Mouse freezes constantly

1. Mouse freezes constantly - Similar Threads - Mouse freezes constantly

2. My mouse keeps freezing constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse keeps freezing constantly: I started randomly having issues with my USB mouse about five days ago. I will be scrolling or moving the pointer and it will suddenly freeze and stay that way for at least a minute. It is happening so frequently now that I can put the mouse arrow in a top corner, and it will...
  3. My mouse keeps freezing constantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse keeps freezing constantly: I started randomly having issues with my USB mouse about five days ago. I will be scrolling or moving the pointer and it will suddenly freeze and stay that way for at least a minute. It is happening so frequently now that I can put the mouse arrow in a top corner, and it will...
  4. Mouse Freezes constantly while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Freezes constantly while playing games.: Ok so my mouse works perfectly fine when I do usual work like browsing and all the cursor works fine BUT whenever I play games my mouse constantly freezes every second and unfreezes and then goes to the position where I moved it to . Lets take 'Fall Guys' game for example,...
  5. Mouse Freezes constantly while playing games.

Mouse Freezes constantly while playing games.: Ok so my mouse works perfectly fine when I do usual work like browsing and all the cursor works fine BUT whenever I play games my mouse constantly freezes every second and unfreezes and then goes to the position where I moved it to . Lets take 'Fall Guys' game for example,...
  6. Mouse freezes constantly but only while playing games.

Mouse freezes constantly but only while playing games.: Ok so my mouse works perfectly fine when I do usual work like browsing and all the cursor works fine BUT whenever I play games my mouse constantly freezes every second and unfreezes and then goes to the position where I moved it to . Lets take 'Fall Guys' game for example,...
  7. Mouse freezes constantly but only while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse freezes constantly but only while playing games.: Ok so my mouse works perfectly fine when I do usual work like browsing and all the cursor works fine BUT whenever I play games my mouse constantly freezes every second and unfreezes and then goes to the position where I moved it to . Lets take 'Fall Guys' game for example,...
  8. Mouse constantly freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse constantly freezing: My mouse is constantly freezing during log-in. It's a pain so help.Appreciate it, I updated my mouse drivers but it didn't seem to fix my mouse.Thanks, have a good day...
  9. Mouse constantly freezing

Mouse constantly freezing: My mouse is constantly freezing during log-in. It's a pain so help.Appreciate it, I updated my mouse drivers but it didn't seem to fix my mouse.Thanks, have a good day...
  10. Constant freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constant freezing: My PC freezes constantly, every 2 - 3 seconds. It only lasts half a second, but it happens so often it is almost impossible to use. This also causes the audio to cut out and glitch very frequently, and as a music producer this is extremely frustrating. Any help is much...