Windows 10: Mouse freezes in Windows 10 using KVM

Discus and support Mouse freezes in Windows 10 using KVM in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every day my mouse freezes while I'm on the web or just in my files. I am on Windows 10 all updated , mouse and keyboard are connected to KVM switch.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WilliamMullahy, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Mouse freezes in Windows 10 using KVM

Every day my mouse freezes while I'm on the web or just in my files. I am on Windows 10 all updated , mouse and keyboard are connected to KVM switch.

Help?

:)

WilliamMullahy, Apr 3, 2019
  2. $immond$ Win User

KVM that supports 6 button gaming mouse under $100

Any suggestions where I can find one? I need it to support my MX 518 gaming mouse. I am guessing a KVM that has a USB hub or does not emulate USB 2.0, any suggestions would be great.

$immond$, Apr 3, 2019
  3. [SOLVED] HDMI KVM switch results in loss of keyboard and mouse

I have a Sea Wit 2-port HDMI KVM switch (supports EDID), and at initial startup of my Lenovo T470s laptop everything works perfectly fine. But when I switch to my alternate computer (Samsung laptop running Windows 8.1, and does not experience this issue),
    then back I lose keyboard/mouse functionality, display works properly. This is agnostic to whether I use the keyboard hotkey or physical buttons to switch channels. Rebooting, with the Lenovo's channel selected, resolves the issue. Switching KVM channels then
    back again loses keyboard/mouse. Since my Windows 8.1 laptop is not experiencing this issue, it would seem to indicate that Windows 10 is somehow the culprit, or possibly something to do with the Lenovo hardware/drivers.

Troubleshooting measures attempted thus far, to no avail:

• update all Lenovo drivers (BIOS, chipset, display, full boat)
    • ensure Windows 10 is current with updates
    • swap HDMI and USB cables between the 2 KVM channels
    • swap KVM channels
    • unplug all connections to KVM, plug HDMI/keyboard/mouse out back in, plug Lenovo channel HDMI/USB back in
    Once the keyboard/mouse are lost after switching channels, the only way to recover them is to reboot.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Andrew---#, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Mouse freezes in Windows 10 using KVM

KVM that supports 6 button gaming mouse under $100

I have a 518 and was using a D-Link 4-port KVM for a long time. You won't lose the functionality of the mouse by using PS/2. Thing is, you won't find a decent KVM that does DVI for under $100.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Mouse freezes in Windows 10 using KVM

1. Mouse freezes in Windows 10 using KVM - Similar Threads - Mouse freezes using

2. keyboard and mouse are detected using kvm but the monitor gets no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard and mouse are detected using kvm but the monitor gets no signal: Hey, I had and old monitor Samsung that works using KVM switch ugreen with 2 computers T14 Lenovo and desktopsuccessfully , now I bought new monitor LG Ultragear 32GQ750-B and connected it to the KVM The desktop works properly but the laptop works only for the mouse and the...
  3. keyboard and mouse are detected using kvm but the monitor gets no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard and mouse are detected using kvm but the monitor gets no signal: Hey, I had and old monitor Samsung that works using KVM switch ugreen with 2 computers T14 Lenovo and desktopsuccessfully , now I bought new monitor LG Ultragear 32GQ750-B and connected it to the KVM The desktop works properly but the laptop works only for the mouse and the...
  4. KVM's For touchscreen on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KVM's For touchscreen on windows 10: Hi, I'm after some advice regarding KVM extenders. I have a touch screen monitor I'm trying to control via a kvm. I can visually see the screen but cannot seem to get the touch screen functionality to work. If I plug the touch screen straight into pc it works. Any ideas??The...
  5. MOUSE DOESN'T WORK KVM QEMU WSL2

MOUSE DOESN'T WORK KVM QEMU WSL2: I'm virtualizing a FreeBsd 13.0-2 machine on Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS GNU/Linux 5.15.90.1-microsoft-standard-WSL2 x86_64 under WSL2 the base operating system is Win 11. I use virt-manager and everything runs fine until I try to upload a Window Manager, the mouse doesn't work in any...
  6. Mouse intermittently freezes when connecting via KVM or USB Hub

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse intermittently freezes when connecting via KVM or USB Hub: Hi All, I am having an issue with my mouse on Windows 10. I have a razor Death Addor and the Black Widow keyboard. WFH now I bought a KVM to switch between my work laptop and Gaming PC. Only as soon as the mouse is connected to a USB hub or KVM I intermittently have it lock...
  7. Mouse intermittently freezes when connecting via KVM or USB Hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse intermittently freezes when connecting via KVM or USB Hub: Hi All, I am having an issue with my mouse on Windows 10. I have a razor Death Addor and the Black Widow keyboard. WFH now I bought a KVM to switch between my work laptop and Gaming PC. Only as soon as the mouse is connected to a USB hub or KVM I intermittently have it lock...
  8. Mouse intermittently freezes when connecting via KVM or USB Hub

9. Windows 10 / Mouse Freezes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 / Mouse Freezes: Can't begin to describe my frustration here - my mouse cursor randomly freezes when I am using it and sometimes it freezes for 5 seconds, sometimes 8 and it is random when it happens. I have a brand new Dell G7 Laptop Core i7 9th Gen / 16GB RAM. It has an integrated mouse /...
  10. Using Windows 10 with multiple display KVM (Settings)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using Windows 10 with multiple display KVM (Settings): Hi All, I have a Windows 10 machine that I use with multiple displays and also have a KVM switch so that I can alternate between my work and my home pc (while sharing monitors/keyboard/mouse). My problem is that I want to "save" multiple display settings so that I don't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. diplay kvm usb freeze

2. windows 10 kvm losing keyboard and mouse on switch

3. why is my mouse freezing in windows 10 with my KVM?

4. KVM monitor mouse driver issues with windows 10,
  5. vm mouse freeze