Windows 10: Mouse freezes up. Have to restart to activate

Discus and support Mouse freezes up. Have to restart to activate in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Mouse freezes up in windows 10. Have to restart to activate. Have tried both Bluetooth and USB mice. Also different brands. Any ideas? I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rich360_nn, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Mouse freezes up. Have to restart to activate

Mouse freezes up in windows 10. Have to restart to activate. Have tried both Bluetooth and USB mice. Also different brands. Any ideas? I have a Lenovo ideapad 330S running Windows 10 Home Version 1903. This was occurring before I updated to Ver. 1903.

:)

Rich360_nn, Aug 25, 2019

2. Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Mouse freezes up. Have to restart to activate

Mouse Freezing need help pls.

Hi Ephraim,

User profile corruption can cause issues with certain devices, including your optical mouse, in
    Windows 10. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Aside from changing USB ports, did you use a different mouse to see if the same issue will occur while playing games?
    • Have you tried checking the manufacturer's website for updated mouse drivers for
      Windows 10?

In the meantime, we suggest creating a new user on your computer to see if your mouse still freezes while using a different local account. To do this, simply follow the steps in this

article

Regards.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

Mouse freezes up. Have to restart to activate

1. Mouse freezes up. Have to restart to activate - Similar Threads - Mouse freezes restart

2. my mouse freezes up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my mouse freezes up.: mouse freezes up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-freezes-up/74612c81-32c8-402f-8800-123705e408f6
  3. my mouse freezes up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my mouse freezes up.: mouse freezes up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-freezes-up/74612c81-32c8-402f-8800-123705e408f6
  4. my mouse freezes up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my mouse freezes up.: my mouse freezes up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-freezes-up/b5cc8a82-83be-49c4-ae8b-e54bce552401
  5. mouse/keyboard freeze ups

mouse/keyboard freeze ups: I'm having trouble with Windows 10. Every minute or so, my keyboard, mouse and speakers freeze up for 10 to 30 seconds. I replaced the wireless keyboard/mouse with a brand new set, but it's still hanging on me....
  6. mouse freezes up randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse freezes up randomly: Hello ~~ I have a acer aspire ES -15 laptop with windows 10 I update regularly and use windows defender and AVG My problem is I use a USB mouse with my laptop and recently it mouse freezes up . I have troubleshooted / unchecked in dev mgr on properties to not shut...
  7. MOUSE FREEZES UP AND DISAPPEARS

MOUSE FREEZES UP AND DISAPPEARS: How do i fix my mouse from freezing up and disappearing. I have to hard shut it off in order to return to what i was working on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-freezes-up-and-disappears/588fd8cb-c5f3-4683-b540-fe266f521cf2
  8. mouse freezing up

mouse freezing up: Having a problem with my mouse cursor freezing. It occurs often but only lasts for a short time (5 seconds or so). I put new batteries in the mouse but that didn't help. I even bought a new mouse. No help. Tried putting the mouse dongle in different USB ports but again,...
  9. Freeze with mouse activity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeze with mouse activity: Hey guys, another member suggested I post this here and let you guys take a look. 102443
  10. Freeze with mouse activity

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze with mouse activity: Hello everyone, I am new to windows 10 and something is happening I don't understand. I just built this rig yesterday and it has been freezing up often. I still have mouse control but lose everything else. I have reinstalled the os 3 times and all my drivers are up to date. I...