Windows 10: Mouse freezing intermittently when using USB switch

Discus and support Mouse freezing intermittently when using USB switch in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a mouse and keyboard connected through a USB 3.0 switch to 2 laptops. One runs Linux, the other runs Windows 10. Both devices are wireless and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ossiee, Jan 5, 2022.

1. ossiee Win User

Mouse freezing intermittently when using USB switch

I have a mouse and keyboard connected through a USB 3.0 switch to 2 laptops. One runs Linux, the other runs Windows 10. Both devices are wireless and high performance Logitech G613 and G703On my Linux machine there are no issues. When switching to my Win10 machine, the mouse freezes every 20-30 seconds for around 1 second. I haven't noticed any issues with the keyboard.Any idea why this is happening only on Win10 and what I can do to fix it?

:)

ossiee, Jan 5, 2022
  2. Don939 Win User

USB mouse works intermittently

My usb mouse only works intermittently (disappears and reappears. When I go to device manager and highlight the mouse, the device manager list of devices goes through a cycle of reappearing and disappearing. How can I get the mouse to work without interruption?
    I have tried updating and reinstalling the drives. I have also changed the power saver settings so that the usb ports do not shut off.

Don939, Jan 5, 2022
  3. Don939 Win User
    USB mouse works intermittently

Dear Andre,

Thank you very much for your response.

I followed your first solution. I went down the list and uninstalled the usb devices one-by-one until the mouse and keyboard stopped working. (This happened after I deleted the third generic USB hub. After restarting, the mouse is operating better. In
    the past, it has worked for a while and then becomes intermittent. Currently, it seems to be working, although once in a while there is a very slight delay. This was quite apparent when I looked up something in Quicken 2017. I will continue monitoring the
    performance and then uninstall all the USB ports and then work my way down the list you provided.

I am running Windows 10 on a Dell computer with sku Inspiron 660 (system model is Inspiron 660s). I did a clean install following Doug Carmack's instructions on the Micorsoft Community web site earlier this year and installed a solid state drive for the
    operating system. As best I can tell, I did not install the Dell utilities or the app data (following Carmack's recommendation). This resulted in a far more successful clean install that previous attempts over the four years. However, the problem with the
    mouse appeared at least a year before this clean install.

In addition, in my previous efforts to solve the intermittent mouse problem, a web search recommend turning off Real Tech Audio services. That worked very well about a year ago in solving the problem. Currently I have turned of Real Tech Audio services
    and disabled Real Tech on the start menu.

Thanks again.

Don939, Jan 5, 2022
  4. Mouse freezing intermittently when using USB switch

Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Jan 5, 2022
Thema:

Mouse freezing intermittently when using USB switch

1. Mouse freezing intermittently when using USB switch - Similar Threads - Mouse freezing intermittently

2. Mouse intermittently freezes when connecting via KVM or USB Hub

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse intermittently freezes when connecting via KVM or USB Hub: Hi All, I am having an issue with my mouse on Windows 10. I have a razor Death Addor and the Black Widow keyboard. WFH now I bought a KVM to switch between my work laptop and Gaming PC. Only as soon as the mouse is connected to a USB hub or KVM I intermittently have it lock...
  3. Mouse intermittently freezes when connecting via KVM or USB Hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse intermittently freezes when connecting via KVM or USB Hub: Hi All, I am having an issue with my mouse on Windows 10. I have a razor Death Addor and the Black Widow keyboard. WFH now I bought a KVM to switch between my work laptop and Gaming PC. Only as soon as the mouse is connected to a USB hub or KVM I intermittently have it lock...
  4. Mouse intermittently freezes when connecting via KVM or USB Hub

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse freezing intermittently when using USB switch

Mouse freezing intermittently when using USB switch: I have a mouse and keyboard connected through a USB 3.0 switch to 2 laptops. One runs Linux, the other runs Windows 10. Both devices are wireless and high performance Logitech G613 and G703On my Linux machine there are no issues. When switching to my Win10 machine, the mouse...
  6. Mouse freezing intermittently when using USB switch

Mouse freezing intermittently when using USB switch: I have a mouse and keyboard connected through a USB 3.0 switch to 2 laptops. One runs Linux, the other runs Windows 10. Both devices are wireless and high performance Logitech G613 and G703On my Linux machine there are no issues. When switching to my Win10 machine, the mouse...
  7. Mouse intermittently freezes or is jumpy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse intermittently freezes or is jumpy: Hi I have windows 10 on hp z220. I have wireless mouse and keyboard. This has been working well for over a year. Last week the cursor froze or was jumpy. I replaced batteries in mouse and keyboard, no different. I did system restore and all was well. Yesterday the same thing...
  8. Mouse intermittently freezes or is jumpy

Mouse intermittently freezes or is jumpy: Hi I have windows 10 on hp z220. I have wireless mouse and keyboard. This has been working well for over a year. Last week the cursor froze or was jumpy. I replaced batteries in mouse and keyboard, no different. I did system restore and all was well. Yesterday the same thing...
  9. Mouse intermittently freezes or is jumpy

10. Problems with mouse freezing when using Sandisk USB

Problems with mouse freezing when using Sandisk USB: Hi folks, Both my husband and I have recently bought new laptops, both running Windows 10 and there is a real problem when we insert a Sandisk USB stick: it causes the mouse to really lag - and sometimes for up to 30 - 40 seconds. Additionally, I've started noticing problems...