Windows 10: Mouse freezing ...sorry it seems very common

Discus and support Mouse freezing ...sorry it seems very common in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Logitec mouse, sorry mice because i just went and bought a new one to be sure. So now the wireless and the wired mice have this problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidC2KY, Aug 20, 2020.

1. DavidC2KY Win User

Mouse freezing ...sorry it seems very common

Hello,

Logitec mouse, sorry mice because i just went and bought a new one to be sure. So now the wireless and the wired mice have this problem.

Dell, xps15 9570

Both work fine on my surface but neither work on the Dell.

After trying every solution i could find on the web, i even did a complete fresh install, same problem.

Twice i've 'fixed' it....until i shutdown and it's back again.

Firmware update for the dongle worked once. Tried so many things i'm lost as to what else worked for a few hours.

Everywhere i read this issue, everywhere i see the same 4 or 5 solutions and none of them work.

Hardware is fine, everything else is fine on the USB ports, mice work fine on other PC's.

Please help, i'm going crazy now, seems to be a problem worldwide for many years

:)

DavidC2KY, Aug 20, 2020

2. Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Aug 20, 2020
  3. Mouse Freezing need help pls.

Hi Ephraim,

User profile corruption can cause issues with certain devices, including your optical mouse, in
    Windows 10. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Aside from changing USB ports, did you use a different mouse to see if the same issue will occur while playing games?
    • Have you tried checking the manufacturer's website for updated mouse drivers for
      Windows 10?

In the meantime, we suggest creating a new user on your computer to see if your mouse still freezes while using a different local account. To do this, simply follow the steps in this

article

Regards.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 20, 2020
  4. R9
    r9 Win User

Keyboard/mouse freeze on XP...

Try with other set key and mouse. If you have some Linux live disk run it and see how the key and mouse would behave. Mouse could freeze if there is some conflict on the PCI devices. But this is more common on older mobos and OS.

Thema:

1. Mouse freezing ...sorry it seems very common - Similar Threads - Mouse freezing sorry

2. Intermittent mouse and keyboard Freezes, Need Help, Very Detailed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent mouse and keyboard Freezes, Need Help, Very Detailed.: Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz Installed RAM 24.0 GB Mother Board; NZXT B55064-bit operating system, x64-based processor with Windows 11 home.Razer Kraken KeyboardRazer Naga MouseMy keyboard and Mouse intermittently freeze when I log in, Surf the web,...
  3. Intermittent mouse and keyboard Freezes, Need Help, Very Detailed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent mouse and keyboard Freezes, Need Help, Very Detailed.: Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz Installed RAM 24.0 GB Mother Board; NZXT B55064-bit operating system, x64-based processor with Windows 11 home.Razer Kraken KeyboardRazer Naga MouseMy keyboard and Mouse intermittently freeze when I log in, Surf the web,...
  4. Intermittent mouse and keyboard Freezes, Need Help, Very Detailed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse freezing/jumping seemingly randomly or when my mouse is moved too quickly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse freezing/jumping seemingly randomly or when my mouse is moved too quickly.: So as the title suggests, for about a week now ive been having frequent mouse freezing/jumpingwhether im just browsing or playing a game. The only thing that seems to make it worse is high resource usage say while playing a game etc.Ive tried: Using a different mouse,...
  6. Seemingly Newly Common issue - Game Input redistributable causing BSOD/Windows 10 to Freeze

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Seemingly Newly Common issue - Game Input redistributable causing BSOD/Windows 10 to Freeze: Like the title says, I'm getting this issue quite frequently now, at first I thought it may be the hardware on my newly bought build but since investigating into the reliability monitor it happens whenever this app seems to reconfigure itself for some reason... I did some...
  7. Chasing down the unknown, sorry it is very vague

in Windows 10 Support
    Chasing down the unknown, sorry it is very vague: Running Windows 10 Pro x64, 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) I struggled as to what section to post this in, as it's one of those that could fit in a number of places, but until you can narrow it down it's anyone's guess, I have reinstalled numerous times now, every time with a new...
  8. Sorry Dave - I seem to have lost you

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sorry Dave - I seem to have lost you: I don't know how to use this but my problem is the date column now shows numerals as above - I am using windows excel 2013 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/sorry-dave-i-seem-to-have-lost-you/d86df936-67bc-4baa-895d-8d5f83b5bdca
  9. Minor but very annoying bug (?) that seems to deal with keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minor but very annoying bug (?) that seems to deal with keyboard and mouse: Hello! Recently I've encountered very strange problem using Windows 10. At this moment I believe it's an OS bug. It messes up with keyboard and mouse, and luckily, it is very easy to reproduce. 1. Press and hold any alphanumeric button on the keyboard. 2. Try to click on...
  10. Very Common Reinstall problem Not addressed in other threads very well

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Very Common Reinstall problem Not addressed in other threads very well: I have a custom Build PC. Selected the free upgrade to Win10 (currently my OS). Situation: I installed a 256 GB SSD for my OS, 4TB HDD (newer) and 1.5TB HDD (old left in for reference). Tried to keep all OS software on SSD for quick boot up. The problem is that most...