Windows 10: Mouse freezing/stops, and "Last USB device malfunctioned" error.

Discus and support Mouse freezing/stops, and "Last USB device malfunctioned" error. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi This error i'm having seems very common (seen videos and such) but I can't seem to get this problem fixed. Everything was running fine, until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by devilish, Jul 12, 2016.

1. devilish Win User

Mouse freezing/stops, and "Last USB device malfunctioned" error.

Hi

This error i'm having seems very common (seen videos and such) but I can't seem to get this problem fixed.

Everything was running fine, until last Sunday. Then the mouse started to have this problem - It doesn't matter what USB port it's in or anything, and tried the device manager tricks and that isn't either.

I have a Cougar E-Sports gaming mouse. Has anyone got a workaround for this problem, it's driving me nuts!

Thanks!

:)

devilish, Jul 12, 2016

2. the last usb device connected is malfunctioned

i have a dragon war gaming mouse ...yesterday i unplugged the mouse from my pc and connected it to a laptop..it was showing the message "the last usb device connected is malfunctioned" i thought it might be some driver problem...but when i reconnected
    my mouse to pc then the same message was shown...i tried all the tricks ...like uninstalling the usb bus drivers and reinstalling them in device manager...and rebooted the pc for nearly 200 times ...please give me a proper solution..

kamleshsam, Jul 12, 2016
  3. USB device recognition malfunction - Windows 10

I have same problem with my laptop my USB mouse and USB headphones both stop working and error is same USB device malfunction i did reinstall all drivers still no luck

DivyanshuShubham, Jul 12, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Reinstall the USB drivers.

bro67, Jul 13, 2016
  5. devilish Win User
    Tried that, not worked so far - still trying!

devilish, Jul 15, 2016
  6. devilish Win User
    Tried reinstalling the USB drivers, made no difference. What else can I try? Still stutters and freezes along the screen. Losing hope.

devilish, Jul 15, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    Is there any associated software that is for that mouse that you installed on your computer? Is it just freezing in the web browser or on the desktop, games, file explorer?

bro67, Jul 16, 2016
  8. devilish Win User

More info.

In device manager the mouse appears as "unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed). It's a code 43.

When I plug the mouse in now it immediately fails (USB malfunctioned).

I've seen a lot of videos on youtube, but nothing seems to be working to right it again.

From device manager:
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

On software: there is a Cougar UIX software, but I uninstalled it. When trying to reinstall, it says there's no device, even though it's connected.

Also what's odd is this:
    it says the driver file is C:\Windows\SysWow64\drivers\AiChargerPlus.sys (from ASUSTek) who are the motherboard manufacturer, I have an ASUS Sabretooth) but should that driver be there?

devilish, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse freezing/stops, and "Last USB device malfunctioned" error. - Similar Threads - Mouse freezing stops

2. USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.: Hello, I get a notification from the windows explorer stating that; USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned whenever I tried to connect my wireless mouse. I have tried power management, driver update methods but nothing worked....
  3. USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.: Hello, I get a notification from the windows explorer stating that; USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned whenever I tried to connect my wireless mouse. I have tried power management, driver update methods but nothing worked....
  4. "The last USB device you connected to the computer malfunctioned"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The last USB device you connected to the computer malfunctioned": I have a SanDisk 64gb USB drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-last-usb-device-you-connected-to-the-computer/076f4ab1-b768-489a-bc76-edc9d0d93bed
  5. "The last USB device you connected to the computer malfunctioned"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The last USB device you connected to the computer malfunctioned": I have a SanDisk 64gb USB drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-last-usb-device-you-connected-to-the-computer/076f4ab1-b768-489a-bc76-edc9d0d93bed
  6. USB Not Recognized, The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Not Recognized, The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and...: Hey Microsoft so I was using my windows 10 home laptop in this afternoon and i was using mouse and suddenly it started to acting up like the response delays when i click a button in mouse. so i removed the usb plug of the mouse and entered again. but the usb connected sound...
  7. USB device malfunctioned

USB device malfunctioned: I'm having a problem with my USB C hdd disconnecting for no reason while I am reading data from it. It seems to be ok when writing to it, but if I try and read data off it it will disconnect and windows will tell me it has malfunctioned. It came with a USBC to USBA adapter...
  8. "The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not...: Hope someone can help as I'm really struggling. I got a new laptop before Christmas and everything has been fine on it until a couple of days ago. My USB hard drive connects fine with no issues, the above message I get is for my Garmin running watch. When plugged in to the...
  9. USB Device Malfunction

USB Device Malfunction: Hi, I just brought my computer home and when I logged in and plugged in my seven port USB hub, it came up as a notification saying "The last USB that was plugged in to this computer malfunctioned and was not recognized.". Nothing like this has ever happened to me and that...
  10. USB Device malfunctioned

USB Device malfunctioned: Windows interrupted this device because it encountered problems . (Code 43). I've searched all the methods but can't solve this problem. Motherboard Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2 - System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP [ Guid]...