Windows 10: mouse freezing up

Discus and support mouse freezing up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Having a problem with my mouse cursor freezing. It occurs often but only lasts for a short time (5 seconds or so). I put new batteries in the mouse but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FrankDiPiero, Feb 3, 2019.

1. mouse freezing up

Having a problem with my mouse cursor freezing. It occurs often but only lasts for a short time (5 seconds or so). I put new batteries in the mouse but that didn't help. I even bought a new mouse. No help. Tried putting the mouse dongle in different USB ports but again, didn't stop the freezing.

:)

FrankDiPiero, Feb 3, 2019

2. Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Mouse Freezing need help pls.

Hi Ephraim,

User profile corruption can cause issues with certain devices, including your optical mouse, in
    Windows 10. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Aside from changing USB ports, did you use a different mouse to see if the same issue will occur while playing games?
    • Have you tried checking the manufacturer's website for updated mouse drivers for
      Windows 10?

In the meantime, we suggest creating a new user on your computer to see if your mouse still freezes while using a different local account. To do this, simply follow the steps in this

article

Regards.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Jay Jap Win User

mouse freezing up

Bluetooth mouse still freezes

Hello,

There are multiple possibilities why a Bluetooth mouse could act up. To assist you with your concern, you can try these following steps:

Method 1:

Check if the Bluetooth mouse and its Bluetooth adapter are working properly.

• Try installing fresh new batteries.
    • Try to unplug the Bluetooth adapter of your mouse and plug it back in.
    • Try connecting the Bluetooth adapter of your mouse to a different USB port.
    • Try to remove objects that can interfere with the signal of your Bluetooth adapter and mouse.

Method 2:

Check if you have installed all the updates on your computer. There are chances that you might get Bluetooth drivers through update:

• Go to the Start screen.
    • Type Windows update and click on it from the list of results.
    • Click on Check for updates on the left pane in the new window.

We also suggest that you try to contact the manufacturer of the Bluetooth mouse for other options.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

mouse freezing up

1. mouse freezing up - Similar Threads - mouse freezing

2. why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it: I have tried uninstalling mouse driver and tried to update it, changed mouse HZ, also tried to perform cmd commands like sfc /scannow, but it still doesn't work....
  3. why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my mouse cursor freezing a bit when hovering it: I have tried uninstalling mouse driver and tried to update it, changed mouse HZ, also tried to perform cmd commands like sfc /scannow, but it still doesn't work....
  4. My computer keeps freezing only my mouse and I can't hear anything and I don't know what to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps freezing only my mouse and I can't hear anything and I don't know what to do?: For the last 2–3 days my computer has been doing this thing where I'll be in a game, watching YouTube, or downloading something; where it causes my mouse to just stop responding while it's still on, and I can't hear my computer audio, but I can hear the sound it makes when I...
  5. My computer keeps freezing only my mouse and I can't hear anything and I don't know what to do?

My computer keeps freezing only my mouse and I can't hear anything and I don't know what to do?: For the last 2–3 days my computer has been doing this thing where I'll be in a game, watching YouTube, or downloading something; where it causes my mouse to just stop responding while it's still on, and I can't hear my computer audio, but I can hear the sound it makes when I...
  6. My computer keeps freezing only my mouse and I can't hear anything and I don't know what to do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My mouse randomly freezes, and wont move unless I close and reopen my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse randomly freezes, and wont move unless I close and reopen my laptop: I am using the Dell Inspiron 14 laptop, and I had previously had mouse/touchpad issues so I had the whole touchpad replaced *thinking* it would fix itAnyway, now I have a new issue every about 2 minutes the mouse will just freeze. I'll be moving it to go somewhere and it'll...
  8. My mouse randomly freezes, and wont move unless I close and reopen my laptop

My mouse randomly freezes, and wont move unless I close and reopen my laptop: I am using the Dell Inspiron 14 laptop, and I had previously had mouse/touchpad issues so I had the whole touchpad replaced *thinking* it would fix itAnyway, now I have a new issue every about 2 minutes the mouse will just freeze. I'll be moving it to go somewhere and it'll...
  9. Windows freezes and nothings work mouse, keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freezes and nothings work mouse, keyboard: Hello everyone. My laptop has a problem. I am a modeler and I use 3dsmax software and Corona rendering engine.My laptop brand is MSI with :CPU : Intel Core i7 6700HQ GPU : GTX 970M 3GBRAM : 32 GBSSD : MSI SPATIUM M450 500 GB HDD: 1 TBAbout two months ago I upgraded the SSD...
  10. Windows freezes and nothings work mouse, keyboard

Windows freezes and nothings work mouse, keyboard: Hello everyone. My laptop has a problem. I am a modeler and I use 3dsmax software and Corona rendering engine.My laptop brand is MSI with :CPU : Intel Core i7 6700HQ GPU : GTX 970M 3GBRAM : 32 GBSSD : MSI SPATIUM M450 500 GB HDD: 1 TBAbout two months ago I upgraded the SSD...