Windows 10: Mouse gets stuck trying to move between monitors

Discus and support Mouse gets stuck trying to move between monitors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I have an annoying problem. When I move from my secondary LCD to the primary, sometimes the mouse won't cross the threshold unless I move it fast.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Strahan, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Strahan Win User

Mouse gets stuck trying to move between monitors

Hi. I have an annoying problem. When I move from my secondary LCD to the primary, sometimes the mouse won't cross the threshold unless I move it fast. I read about mouse monitor escape speed from this thread, but after adding the reg key to the control panel/desktop and the edgeui, I still have no luck.

I noticed the thread was old. Is this something where those fixes no longer work in the latest and greatest version of Win10? If so, is there a way to stop it from sticking? Thanks!

:)

Strahan, Sep 30, 2015

2. mouse gets stuck when three monitors all share borders.

I have a laptop and two external monitors set up as
    such

When they are set up like this, the mouse gets stuck between the laptop monitor (bottom) and right side monitor. If I move the mouse fast enough it will not get stuck. Oddly enough, this does not happen at any of the other boundaries.

This is also not caused a result of the snap mechanic because it persists after disabling snapping.

What the heck is going on? A bug? Any workaround while Microsoft takes its sweet time fixing it?

Hypnotoad_, Sep 30, 2015
  3. getho Win User
    multiple monitors worse on 10 than 8.1

I have 3 monitors of different sizes. in windows 8.1 I could set them up so that moving between them was easy. (I have 2 large monitors next to each other and one smaller one down below). In windows 10 the mouse gets "stuck" at the left hand side of the
    smaller monitor - and often at the top left edge. i find myself having to randomly wiggle my mouse to get from one screen to the next. Its fabulously annoying.

I want to be able to move the mouse off the smaller monitor and for it to appear on one of the bigger ones - it makes no sense that there should be blocked parts of the TOP of the small monitor, seeing as it is smaller than the top 2. Even if I set the
    small monitor to be directly below just one of the big ones, it will still get "caught" in the extreme left or right edge of that monitor - presumably this is windows 10 gesture related. In writing this I also realise that the mouse is getting "caught" in
    the extreme bottom edges of all the monitors when I try to move it down onto the little one.

How do I disable this mouse behaviour. What is it that is stopping the mouse moving to the next monitor when it gets to a corner?

getho, Sep 30, 2015
  4. Mouse gets stuck trying to move between monitors

Try moving the monitors closer together *Smile

nigelmercier, Sep 30, 2015
  5. Strahan Win User
    lol if only fixing IT problems were so straight forward *Biggrin

Strahan, Sep 30, 2015
  6. I know it sounds funny BUT if you bring up your display settings and re-arrange your graphic display of the monitors with your mouse (move them closer together and hit Apply) this sticky mouse issue will go away. Even if they are an extra pixel apart it may cause the mouse to stick.

Worked for me -

telecomputers, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Mouse gets stuck trying to move between monitors

1. Mouse gets stuck trying to move between monitors - Similar Threads - Mouse gets stuck

2. Mouse gets stuck between monitors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse gets stuck between monitors.: The mouse gets stuck between monitors due to size of the monitors.Note black arrows indicate where it gets stuck, because there is no monitor on the opposite side of the edge.However, mouse moves freely where monitors have an adjacent edge.Cumbersome to constantly remember to...
  3. Mouse gets stuck between monitors.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse gets stuck between monitors.: The mouse gets stuck between monitors due to size of the monitors.Note black arrows indicate where it gets stuck, because there is no monitor on the opposite side of the edge.However, mouse moves freely where monitors have an adjacent edge.Cumbersome to constantly remember to...
  4. Mouse gets stuck between monitors.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows getting stuck between monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows getting stuck between monitors: When moving windows/apps/folders between my monitors, they get stuck halfway through unless I move the mouse quickly enough. I can solve it by turning off Windows snap, but that means the shortcut Windows key + arrow key no longer works, which is great for organising my...
  6. Issue with moving mouse between monitors in a multi-monitor setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with moving mouse between monitors in a multi-monitor setup: This might be a bit of an an usual problem, atleast I couldn't find anyone with a similar problem. I have 5 Monitors in a surround setup as one can see in this screenshot of my display organisation: [ATTACH] Moving the cursor or windows between monitors poses no problem...
  7. Move mouse between non-touching monitors?

Move mouse between non-touching monitors?: This is my current setup. I can move the mouse between 1 and 3 or 2 and 3, but not between 1 and 2. How can I make it move between 1 and 2? submitted by /u/Electro-Ninja [link] [comments]...
  8. Mouse Getting Stuck Dragging Windows Between Monitors

Mouse Getting Stuck Dragging Windows Between Monitors: This s!@# is driving me insane How do I stop the mouse from getting stuck at the edge of the screen when dragging windows between monitors without: 1.) Moving the mouse faster 2.) Disabling the snap feature all together Windows 10.0.18363 Pro. I've looked all over...
  9. How to get mouse to move between the two monitors.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to get mouse to move between the two monitors.: I have a Toshiba Satellite s55 and a dell monitor. Can get home screen on monitor but if I choose 2 as the monitor I can't get the mouse to come back to my laptop....
  10. problems moving mouse between vertical monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    problems moving mouse between vertical monitors: I recently received my Alienware Aurora and set it up in my home office. I have a triple screen setup with two monitors mounted vertically above and below one another,and the third monitor on the left of these two in portrait mode. The two vertical monitors are both in...