Windows 10: Mouse Getting Stuck Dragging Windows Between Monitors

Discus and support Mouse Getting Stuck Dragging Windows Between Monitors in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This s!@# is driving me insane How do I stop the mouse from getting stuck at the edge of the screen when dragging windows between monitors without:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Scorge120, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Mouse Getting Stuck Dragging Windows Between Monitors

This s!@# is driving me insane

How do I stop the mouse from getting stuck at the edge of the screen when dragging windows between monitors without:

1.) Moving the mouse faster

2.) Disabling the snap feature all together

Windows 10.0.18363 Pro. I've looked all over the place with no luck, any advice is appreciated.

Picture of the monitor set up in Control Panel. All four screens are 1080p.

submitted by /u/Scorge120
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Scorge120, Feb 5, 2020
  2. juckt0 Win User

Windows 10 mouse gets stuck in corner of monitors (dual monitor setup)

I have a rectangular monitor (left) and a square monitor (right).

If I try to move the mouse from the top of the left monitor to the top of the right monitor, it gets stuck. This makes it very frustrating when I'm trying to click-and-drag windows from the lefthand monitor to the right.

It's like Windows 10 decides the right hand monitor is set "lower" (see MS Paint diagram).

I never had this issue with previous versions of Windows.

Mouse Getting Stuck Dragging Windows Between Monitors 869f4577-303d-4f8a-891f-fb2330b442f2?upload=true.jpg

juckt0, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Mike-Peck Win User
    Windows 10 - Mouse cursor sticks to edge between multiple monitors

I did get a suggestion that worked: Open the Display settings, use you mouse to drag either the leftmost or right most monitor icon (I have two monitors and a laptop, which is the center monitor) away from the center monitor icon, then release. That forces
    the icon to 'snap back' to the center monitor icon. The cursor stops sticking after you do that. If I disconnect the laptop to travel, etc., the problem sometimes reoccurs but is corrected by just repeating the steps. .

Mike-Peck, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Rose Ter Win User

Mouse Getting Stuck Dragging Windows Between Monitors

How can I drag a screen display onto an adjoining satellite monitor?

Hi Stewart,

In order for us to assist you dragging a screen to your satellite monitor, you can follow these steps:

• Move the cursor off each of the four screen edges to see if one of them works.
    • If it does, position the monitors in the Display > Screen Resolution window
      to match the physical placement of the monitors.
    In the event that the previous steps failed to work, you can try these:

• In the display settings just swap the
      Display1 and Display2 Monitors.
    • Drag the Monitor1 display icon and
      drop it on Monitor2 display icon, this would give you the correct alignment of screens.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Mouse Getting Stuck Dragging Windows Between Monitors

1. Mouse Getting Stuck Dragging Windows Between Monitors - Similar Threads - Mouse Getting Stuck

2. Mouse gets stuck between monitors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse gets stuck between monitors.: The mouse gets stuck between monitors due to size of the monitors.Note black arrows indicate where it gets stuck, because there is no monitor on the opposite side of the edge.However, mouse moves freely where monitors have an adjacent edge.Cumbersome to constantly remember to...
  3. Mouse gets stuck between monitors.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse gets stuck between monitors.: The mouse gets stuck between monitors due to size of the monitors.Note black arrows indicate where it gets stuck, because there is no monitor on the opposite side of the edge.However, mouse moves freely where monitors have an adjacent edge.Cumbersome to constantly remember to...
  4. Mouse gets stuck between monitors.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Dragging windows between dual monitors

Dragging windows between dual monitors: PLEASE NOTE that this problem only began a few weeks ago and NO HARDWARE or SOFTWARE CHANGES were made to the system.Until recently, when I have a window maximized, I could grab it by the title bar and drag it across to the other display. When I did it, the application window...
  6. Windows getting stuck between monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows getting stuck between monitors: When moving windows/apps/folders between my monitors, they get stuck halfway through unless I move the mouse quickly enough. I can solve it by turning off Windows snap, but that means the shortcut Windows key + arrow key no longer works, which is great for organising my...
  7. Monitoring drag & drop between different drives in Windows

Monitoring drag & drop between different drives in Windows: Hey! We develop a service and we need it to monitor drag & drop from one drive to another. We looked into a few options and we didn't find any solution, except scanning the whole drive, which takes too long. Can you help us understand the mechanism behind the drag & drop...
  8. Mouse movement between monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse movement between monitors: I had two monitors and recently upgraded one of them to a 32" one. Before the change my mouse moved left to get to the left monitor and right to go back to the right one, no problem. All I did was turn off the computer, unplug the VGA cable for the old one and plug in the new...
  9. How to get mouse to move between the two monitors.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to get mouse to move between the two monitors.: I have a Toshiba Satellite s55 and a dell monitor. Can get home screen on monitor but if I choose 2 as the monitor I can't get the mouse to come back to my laptop....
  10. Mouse gets stuck trying to move between monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse gets stuck trying to move between monitors: Hi. I have an annoying problem. When I move from my secondary LCD to the primary, sometimes the mouse won't cross the threshold unless I move it fast. I read about mouse monitor escape speed from this thread, but after adding the reg key to the control panel/desktop and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse gets stuck between monitors when dragging windows

2. mouse doesnt move between monitors