Windows 10: Mouse ghosting on 1 of 3 monitors only

Discus and support Mouse ghosting on 1 of 3 monitors only in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, my mouse has just started having a shadow underneath it , it is only on one of my 3 monitors, i was trying to fix my bad text in the "adjust the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by markfresh, Jun 24, 2019.

1. markfresh Win User

Mouse ghosting on 1 of 3 monitors only

Hi, my mouse has just started having a shadow underneath it , it is only on one of my 3 monitors, i was trying to fix my bad text in the "adjust the appearance and performance of windows" tab.
    After this i noticed the mouse problem, i have been into the mouse advanced settings and made sure trail etc is turned off etc.
    Any ideas ?
    thanks mark

:)

markfresh, Jun 24, 2019

2. Mouse skips from 1st monitor to 2nd monitor while typing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that your mouse skips from first monitor to second monitor while typing.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better,

1. What is the make and model of the mouse?

2. Is it a wired mouse or a wireless mouse?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

a) Type
    Troubleshooting in the Search Bar and then
    Enter

c)
    Select View all on the top left corner.

d)
    Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update the mouse driver from the Device Manager.

I would suggest you to manually update the Mouse drivers from the
    Device Manager and check if it helps.

Steps:-

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Mouse driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 3: Enable Mouse Trails

Type Control Panel in
    Search Bar
    and then Enter.

Select Mouse.

In Pointer Option Check the
    Display pointer trails.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 24, 2019
  3. My Bluetooth Mouse is not working after update Windows 10 to 1511 Build 10586.14

Hi Arvind,

• The condition of the mouse at the time I did the dxdiag was working. My notebook is at the office at the moment. I will do the dxdiag again tomorrow if the mouse is not working which I think it will happen. I will send the report to you.
    • I found on a reply suggested to delete what they called "ghost" thing (I assumed the gray icon lists are the "ghost" thing. The hidden devices.) as steps below. Then I pair the mouse again and it work.
      when you run device manager you normally only see 'connected' devices. there is a way to show all devices whether they are present or not. in that mode you may be able to delete the logitech
      mouse device if it was left behind.

1. start a cmd prompt in admin mode

2. type "set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1"

3. type "start devmgmt.msc"

4. in the "View" menu, select "show hidden devices"

5. look for and delete a ghost mouse entry if you see it under "human interface devices", "mice and other pointing devices", or "Bluetooth"

• The mouse Logitech M557 battery is quite new because I just bought this bluetooth mouse a couple months ago. Logitech claimed that it will last about 12 months. The Logitech software also indicate that the
      battery is in good condition.
    Cheers,

EGGolicious, Jun 24, 2019
  4. Mouse ghosting on 1 of 3 monitors only

Dual Monitor Boot

Hi,

To resolve the issue, we suggest you follow the steps below:

1. Go to your Desktop, right-click your mouse and go to Display Settings.

2. A new Windows will open. From there, you can just simply switch monitor 1 to monitor 2.

3. Restart after applying all the changes on your PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Jenicel Dri, Jun 24, 2019
Thema:

Mouse ghosting on 1 of 3 monitors only

1. Mouse ghosting on 1 of 3 monitors only - Similar Threads - Mouse ghosting monitors

2. 3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1: Hi,I have Win 11 23H2 x64 running on:Ryzen 9 7900x3d, RTX 2080ti, 64gb DDR5 RamThe system operates on a 3 Monitor Setup all 144hz or higher.obviously i want to use my 3 monitors while gaming so I play on main monitor and additionally watch a stream or videos on second...
  3. 3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1: Hi,I have Win 11 23H2 x64 running on:Ryzen 9 7900x3d, RTX 2080ti, 64gb DDR5 RamThe system operates on a 3 Monitor Setup all 144hz or higher.obviously i want to use my 3 monitors while gaming so I play on main monitor and additionally watch a stream or videos on second...
  4. 3 Monitor mouse misbehaving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 Monitor mouse misbehaving: I have monitor 1 at the bottom, beneath and between monitor 2 and monitor 3, which are next to each other. Sometimes not every time, but probably 2/3 times when I move my mouse pointer up through the top right of screen 1, it lands on the bottom right of the left screen. The...
  5. 3 Monitor mouse misbehaving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 Monitor mouse misbehaving: I have monitor 1 at the bottom, beneath and between monitor 2 and monitor 3, which are next to each other. Sometimes not every time, but probably 2/3 times when I move my mouse pointer up through the top right of screen 1, it lands on the bottom right of the left screen. The...
  6. Mouse stuck in 1 monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse stuck in 1 monitor: SOLUTION:The problem was Logitech Options software updated 7/28/2022 that disabled the mouse from moving to second screen and basically Logitech driver had the mouse locked. I completely removed Logitech Options software and reinstalled only Logitech Unifying Software and...
  7. Only 1 external monitor outputted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only 1 external monitor outputted: Hi, I have 2 external Dell monitors connected to my Windows 10 Lenovo Thinkpad T490. one monitor is connected by a HDMI cable, and the other connected by a mini USB HDMI adaptor. The monitor that is connected via the mini USB HDMI is always detected in preference to the other...
  8. Mouse jitters every 1-3 seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse jitters every 1-3 seconds: If I moved my mouse continuously around the desktop every 1-3 a trail will be left behind. As if my mouse skipped a few frames. Any fix for this? submitted by /u/byalkou [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwhbvd/mouse_jitters_every_13_seconds/
  9. Ghost monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ghost monitor?: My computer thinks I have two screens plugged in when I only have one, how can I fix this? submitted by /u/Im-Real-Human [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghf8oo/ghost_monitor/
  10. 3 monitor setups. Only 1 monitor fails to work for "Night Mode"

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    3 monitor setups. Only 1 monitor fails to work for "Night Mode": I have three monitors for my setup. Asus VG278 (main) Asus VG248 Asus VG245 I'm dual booting Windows 7 X64 and Windows 10 Pro X64 (Version 1909, OS Build 18363.592). But the problem only applies to Windows 10. I turn on the night mode on and night mode doesn't come on for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 3 monitors 1 mouse