Windows 10: Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar

Discus and support Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/5point99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hztnax/mouse_glitches_when_hovering_over_taskbar/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/5point99, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar

/u/5point99, Jul 29, 2020
  2. EddoX Win User

Windows 10: When I hover over a taskbar icon, I want to see the preview list of open objects FOREVER (til I move my mouse).

Window 10 - When I hover over a taskbar icon, I want to see the preview list of open objects FOREVER (til I move my mouse). I learned how to change it from icons to a list, but now I want it to stay as long as my mouse pointer is hovering over the icon on
    the taskbar. Currently it only shows for a couple of seconds. I don't want a couple of additional seconds. I want the list of object to stay on the screen til I move my mouse.

It was possible in Windows 7. I hope it's possible in Windows 10.

EddoX, Jul 29, 2020
  3. In Windows 10, is there a way to get rid of the blue semi-highlighting on files the mouse pointer is hovering over?

Hi Bill,

I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck
      Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar

Items getting selected when hovering mouse over it

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how frustrating it could be when the computer doesn’t work as it is supposed to.

I would suggest you to check the settings mentioned below and see if that helps in making a difference:

Disable Hover feature:

You may want to disable the Hovering over feature for Mouse and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type control and click on
      OK
    3. Select Large icons from the drop down for
      View by.
    4. Click on Ease of Access Center and click on
      Make the mouse easier to use.
    5. Clear the checkbox for Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse
      under Make it easier to manage windows.
    6. Click on OK.

Disable ClickLock

Sometimes if ClickLock is enabled any item gets highlighted through the Mouse. We can try disabling it and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Widows + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type main.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Clear the checkbox for Turn on ClickLock.
    4. Click on OK.

Disable Single-click to open item

We can also check if the Single-click to open an item is enabled. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Widows + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type control folders and click on
      OK.
    3. Make sure the option, Double-click to open an item is selected.
    4. Click on OK.

You can customize the view of Outlook as per your requirement. For more information, see

Create, change, or customize a view

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar

1. Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar - Similar Threads - Mouse glitches hovering

2. Taskbar not popping up when mouse is hovered over

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not popping up when mouse is hovered over: Hi there.I like to hide my taskbar so I get more screen space. I have 3 monitors and I noticed lately that if there is a window maximized on monitor #2, then when I hover my mouse over the bottom of the screen, the taskbar won't show up. It still comes up if I hit the windows...
  3. Visual bug when hovering over taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual bug when hovering over taskbar: Lately when hovering over the taskbar, items will flicker when mouse is moved, when clicked, the windows will not open. When opening a program it will not open in window mode, it stays minimized....
  4. Visual bug when hovering over taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual bug when hovering over taskbar: Lately when hovering over the taskbar, items will flicker when mouse is moved, when clicked, the windows will not open. When opening a program it will not open in window mode, it stays minimized....
  5. Visual bug when hovering over taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it: i cant access the taskbar when i hover the mouse over it if the windows is maximized once i minimise all the open applications i can access the taskbar as i hover the mouse over itit seems that the taskbar deos show on mouse hover but for some reason it is not able to overlap...
  7. taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it: i cant access the taskbar when i hover the mouse over it if the windows is maximized once i minimise all the open applications i can access the taskbar as i hover the mouse over itit seems that the taskbar deos show on mouse hover but for some reason it is not able to overlap...
  8. Taskbar doesn't show up over window when I hover mouse

Taskbar doesn't show up over window when I hover mouse: Taskbar doesn't show up when I hover mouse Hi everyone, I have enabled auto-hide taskbar but I am not able to bring the taskbar after hovering mouse at bottom of the screen. This only happens when I access any minimized application through the taskbar.[when I open app for...
  9. Too much information when hovering mouse over folder in taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Too much information when hovering mouse over folder in taskbar: Hi, This just started a day or so ago and I don't know why. Before, when I hovered the mouse over a folder icon in the taskbar it would just show the name of the folder. For example "Europe summer 2018" or "The Rocky Mountains winter 2017." So all I had to do was hover over...
  10. Shifting Windows when hovering over taskbar programs.

Shifting Windows when hovering over taskbar programs.: I have mild OCD, and ever since a recent update its been going nuts due this bug. When I mouse over a icon on the task bar and hover over it the other windows shift to the side and then fade away. They use to just fade away.... Here's a video of the bug. VIDEO PLZ send...