Windows 10: Mouse hangs, freezes for a split second, every two seconds, when moving the cursor around...

Discus and support Mouse hangs, freezes for a split second, every two seconds, when moving the cursor around... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just went through an upgrade to Windows 10 and installed a SSD drive. Fresh install, not much on the machine only MS Office, Adobe Reader and Winzip... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Andrew S Easton, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Mouse hangs, freezes for a split second, every two seconds, when moving the cursor around...

I just went through an upgrade to Windows 10 and installed a SSD drive. Fresh install, not much on the machine only MS Office, Adobe Reader and Winzip Utilities Suite. All the drivers have been updated and still the mouse freezes for a split second, every two seconds consistently not random at all. In addition, when the chasing dot spinner is present on the screen, it also freezes consistently every 2 seconds. When the PC boots the chasing sot spinner is smooth does not freeze and as the bootup continues, the problem is encountered with both the spinner and the mouse. It seems like there is a periodic interrupt that is taking way to long to address and the CPU enters a wait state.

I tried disabling the video and audio drivers and nothing helped.

Machine details: Dell AMD A6-6310 APU, AMD Radeon R4 Graphics, 8GB Ram 7GB appears on Winzip System Utilities screen, Windows 10/64 bit.

:)

Andrew S Easton, Nov 26, 2020

2. Mouse hangs, freezes for a split second, every two seconds, when moving the cursor around the screen

Seems like after the latest fall update my mouse freezes, both if using touchpad or wired mouse.

Tried in safe mode, DOES NOT occur in safe mode.

Went through the WHOLE LIST of services and start up programs after a clean boot, one by one... could not find the problem.

Checked for updated drivers all updated. Still annoying stops freezes for a split second every few seconds when moving the cursor around the screen.

Do I just need to do a hard drive format and clean install?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers]

ExhibitorMR, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Mouse hangs, freezes for a split second, every two seconds, when moving the cursor around the screen

I have the exact same issue.

every second second, the mouse, keyboard etc freezes for one second.

i just did a reinstall of Windows 10, and the issue reappears.

KimDK-1234, Nov 26, 2020
  4. RickR1998 Win User

Mouse hangs, freezes for a split second, every two seconds, when moving the cursor around...

My cursor freezes for a split second when i open 'settings - system'

Hi,

I've i new laptop and it works fine.

But when i open 'settings - system' my cursor/mouse freezes for a split second. The same happens with google chrome, when i open google chrome.

With others it works fine.

But i just wanna know why that happens and iv i can fix it.

grt rick

RickR1998, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Mouse hangs, freezes for a split second, every two seconds, when moving the cursor around...

1. Mouse hangs, freezes for a split second, every two seconds, when moving the cursor around... - Similar Threads - Mouse hangs freezes

2. Hi, my mouse cursor is freezing every second and then unfreezing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, my mouse cursor is freezing every second and then unfreezing.: The freezing isnt random its happening every 1 second, its doing it on games, programs desktop etc. i have tried sfc scans dcim scans, both came up clear.i have tried updating mouse drivers and still not working and tried changing display drivers and still not working. The...
  3. Hi, my mouse cursor is freezing every second and then unfreezing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, my mouse cursor is freezing every second and then unfreezing.: The freezing isnt random its happening every 1 second, its doing it on games, programs desktop etc. i have tried sfc scans dcim scans, both came up clear.i have tried updating mouse drivers and still not working and tried changing display drivers and still not working. The...
  4. My cursor is changes to "loading in background" cursor after every second for a split second.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cursor is changes to "loading in background" cursor after every second for a split second.: My Windows cursor is literally drunk. From the past day I am seeing that my cursor, after every second changes to the loading in background cursorcursor+loading circle, and it remains in it for a split second, after which it goes normal, but then the cycle repeats, after...
  5. My cursor is changes to "loading in background" cursor after every second for a split second.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My cursor is changes to "loading in background" cursor after every second for a split second.: My Windows cursor is literally drunk. From the past day I am seeing that my cursor, after every second changes to the loading in background cursorcursor+loading circle, and it remains in it for a split second, after which it goes normal, but then the cycle repeats, after...
  6. Mouse freezes for ~half a second every couple seconds.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse freezes for ~half a second every couple seconds.: This issue has been bugging me ever since a couple of weeks ago when I added another graphics card to my PC. I did not install any drivers for it and I actually removed it about a week ago and it did not fix the problem. I've updated my graphics card drivers, then rolled them...
  7. pc freeze for a split second

pc freeze for a split second: every about 3-5 seconds my pc freezes for 1-2 seconds, im pretty sure its something to do with nvidia but i dont know it freezes the audio too https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-freeze-for-a-split-second/bb0ae101-8334-41fb-8cf0-06afa578a5fe
  8. Computer hangs for a split second exactly every 10 seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer hangs for a split second exactly every 10 seconds: I used a stopwatch and exactly every 10 seconds my pc hangs for a split second. I can't tell what would be causing it in task manager. In task manager, on the CPU graph, one core will get a spike in usage at the same time. It would be useful if I could view which cores...
  9. Display freezes every couple of seconds when I move my mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display freezes every couple of seconds when I move my mouse: I've been dealing with a recurring problem with my computer as whenever I continuously move my cursor for a few seconds my display freezes for about half a second and continues for as long as I move the cursor. This all began to happen when I got a new desk for my computer...
  10. My Mouse freezes every few seconds

My Mouse freezes every few seconds: I do not know why but my mouse keeps freezing every few seconds for about 0.5 seconds. I have updated all my drivers and have looked at multiple videos, but nothing. Can you please help me on this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse stops working for split secound