Windows 10: Mouse has become erratic

Discus and support Mouse has become erratic in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello please can someone help me??? I can't find any answers that have worked. My mouse keeps moving itself to the top right hand side of my screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EmilyDM, Sep 4, 2019.

1. EmilyDM Win User

Mouse has become erratic

Hello please can someone help me???

I can't find any answers that have worked.

My mouse keeps moving itself to the top right hand side of my screen and clicking on its own. Yesterday it was the left side and it kept closing my web pages. today its closing my Microsoft word documents because the close tab is up in the right hand corner.

I've tried other mice. Uninstalled drivers. Updated everything possible...PS this was happening before the 1903 update and its still happening afterwards. Run the DCIM and SFM functions through to fix critical updates, sorry if they're the wrong combination of letters but you experts get the gist. Run full hardware scans. Nothing is working. Turned off tablet mode. Even tried changing the size of the pointer.

I have a Lenovo Ideacentre and was using a Logitech wireless mouse when it first started happening. It also happens with my other logitech mouse and the microsoft mouse.

Anyone know what I can do?

It is so frustrating.

Thanks in advance

:)

EmilyDM, Sep 4, 2019

2. Razer Taipan mouse pointer moving erratically after Windows 10 update

I'm using the Razer Taipan mouse. The mouse pointer has been moving erratically since the last Windows 10 update a few days.

Yesterday I called Razer support. They had me uninstall the software and also delete the mouse from the list of hardware in the control panel. Then I restarted my computer and reinstalled the software. That worked for all of yesterday. This morning the mouse
    pointer is moving erratically again.

I've followed the procedure from yesterday of uninstalling the software, removing the mouse from the list of hardware in the control panel, restarting the computer and reinstalling the software. This time it has not solved the problem.

Any suggestions?

LloydLeighton, Sep 4, 2019
  3. mouse erratic

mouse not erratic in safe mode

Raul R Suarez, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Mouse has become erratic

Mouse is erratic at upper left corner

Hello!

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (i.e., updates, software installation)
    This has been happening since the Windows 10 update, no issues prior to the Windows 10 update

• Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    It has occurred non-stop since the Windows 10 upgrade, no issues prior to that upgrade.

• When did the issue first begin?
    After the Windows 10 update.

• To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
    I have found a work around by decreasing the resolution on my laptop to be at 1024x768 instead of the recommended 1366x768. I cannot increase resolution from 1024x768 without the mouse being erratic and uncontrollable in the upper left corner .

Meemmeem_811, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Mouse has become erratic

1. Mouse has become erratic - Similar Threads - Mouse has become

2. Erratic Mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Erratic Mouse: My mouse is very erratic. How can I get control of it? Bob https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erratic-mouse/c4363f64-4279-4012-bb61-7ef87ea54845
  3. Erratic mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Erratic mouse: Mouse is usb wired. Updates are on and since March 2020 my mouse starts jumping and clicking all over the screen, I have disabled the touch screen, the touch pad, but problem remains, weirdly,.... If I touch the screen with my other hand while mousing I am able to control...
  4. erratic mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    erratic mouse: hello once again my mouse starts to get erratic, it's impossible to do precision work and I can hardly click to this page properly. when I move the mouse the cursor moves jumpy, not smooth. I had this problem already with several pc's. Currently I'm on a PC with windows 10...
  5. Mouse speed has become excessive

Mouse speed has become excessive: My mouse speed has become excessive to the point where even the slowest pointer speed is too fast Not sure exactly when this started but likely within the last handful of builds It's not the mouse per se (an Anker upright mouse) as other mice appear to be similarly affected...
  6. Mouse speed has become excessive

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse speed has become excessive: My mouse speed has become excessive to the point where even the slowest pointer speed is too fast Not sure exactly when this started but likely within the last handful of builds It's not the mouse per se (an Anker upright mouse) as other mice appear to be similarly affected...
  7. Erratic Mouse

Erratic Mouse: My mouse has started to act erratic where I will have control and then it jumps to the upper right hand corner of the screen where two circles smaller than a dime appears. The mouse will often freez there. It will release after a while but one circle will show a cursure...
  8. mouse erratic

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse erratic: mouse not erratic in safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/mouse-erratic/69d972f6-64b9-4e99-9744-2f9f1b141a58
  9. erratic mouse

erratic mouse: I have tried many options and still any mouse I use wireless or wired to USB are acting erratic, after 4 years uf using ACER Laptop, Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/erratic-mouse/f7ab9a24-406b-474c-9e90-8393ebc644a1
  10. Erratic mouse

Erratic mouse: I installed Windows 10 on day one or two of the upgrade and have been using it since on my Toshiba 64 bit laptop. It was an upgrade from 8.1. A note that this laptop is a touch screen that I cracked, disabling the touch function a year or so ago. No problems on Windows 8....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse becomes erratic dell laptop windows 10