Windows 10: mouse has mind of its own

Discus and support mouse has mind of its own in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sometimes my mouse opens links when it moves over links as if i doubleclicked them on purpose. when I did not. There is no rhyme or reason when, how,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexanderRoss3, Sep 5, 2018.

1. mouse has mind of its own

Sometimes my mouse opens links when it moves over links as if i doubleclicked them on purpose. when I did not. There is no rhyme or reason when, how, or why.. Sometimes it will open every link and sometimes it wont. How do i fix this? I have tried different mice, touch pads, removed all the drivers and reinstalled them, ran every anti virus /malware app I I can think of... im ready to throw this laptop out the window. please help?

:)

AlexanderRoss3, Sep 5, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Sep 5, 2018
  4. mouse has mind of its own

mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

mouse has mind of its own

1. mouse has mind of its own - Similar Threads - mouse has mind

2. Tablet mode has a mind of its own!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet mode has a mind of its own!!!: I have the HP Elitebook X360 1040 G7 laptop and it has the “yoga” capability to turn into a tablet when I flip the screen and rotate the keyboard back. I have disabled auto-rotate and messed with tablet settings so many times but my laptop constantly switches to tablet mode...
  3. Mind of its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mind of its own: I put my new windows 11 pc to sleep and at any given time I look, the power light is back on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mind-of-its-own/9aaf5980-12b7-4994-8c3f-51e078bfdf1f
  4. Mind of its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mind of its own: I put my new windows 11 pc to sleep and at any given time I look, the power light is back on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mind-of-its-own/9aaf5980-12b7-4994-8c3f-51e078bfdf1f
  5. WIndows 10 has a mind of its OWN!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 10 has a mind of its OWN!!!!: Can anyone assist plz. One of our system user's pc has decided to get a mind of it's own. Cursor goes haywire moves all over the screen. Apps that is minimized, doesn't want to resize. Have run virus scan, malware scan, reloaded OS....to no avail. Regards,Shaun...
  6. Mouse has a mind of its own!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse has a mind of its own!: I use a Logitech wireless mouse. Ever since the latest Windows 10 upgrade my mouse moves at random times - frequently - and clicks on its own. Most commonly, it moves to the lowest right corner and brings up the calendar, but it moves and does other things on its own, too....
  7. HP Mouse having mind of its own

HP Mouse having mind of its own: Howdy, I am using a HP Touchscreen 23.8" Full HD All-in-One Desktop 24-f0137c, utlilizing a wired HP keyboard and wired HP mouse. I run Windows 10 Home fully updated and according to my security programs spyware and virus free. A few weeks ago out of the blue my HP mouse...
  8. Windows Has A Mind Of Its Own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Has A Mind Of Its Own: My PC has suddenly started doing wierd things. The cursor moves all over the screen on its own. Open panes get minimised, new panes get opened. Spreadheets move around. A strange pulsing bubble appears on the screen. This all makes the PC unusable for a while until it settles...
  9. Touchpad Has a Mind of Its Own

Touchpad Has a Mind of Its Own: I have finally grown beyond weary of having to disable the touchpad on my laptop every boot up. *Mad I am posting here as I am just assuming the issue is Windows 10 and not the laptop. This is my 3rd laptop... so I'm not totally new to them, and is why I've become frustrated...
  10. Touchpad Has a Mind of Its Own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Touchpad Has a Mind of Its Own: I have finally grown beyond weary of having to disable the touchpad on my laptop every boot up. *Mad I am posting here as I am just assuming the issue is Windows 10 and not the laptop. This is my 3rd laptop... so I'm not totally new to them, and is why I've become frustrated...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. MSI GS65 15.6 MOUSE HAS MIND OF ITS OWN