Windows 10: Mouse Help

Discus and support Mouse Help in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My daughter uses the mouse and/or touchpad on her new windows 10 laptop to control characters when gaming roblox etc. She has pressed something that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ANDREWKvq, Feb 23, 2021.

1. ANDREWKvq Win User

Mouse Help

My daughter uses the mouse and/or touchpad on her new windows 10 laptop to control characters when gaming roblox etc. She has pressed something that has now disabled certain important actions she needs the character to do. e.g. she used to be able to pan round the scene by left clicking but that has stopped. The character on Titans used to jump when right clicked but now just stands there, which spoils the game.

She thinks she pressed the scroll wheel mid one of the games and a task bar/action bar came up she had not seen before, so she just cancelled it, and the problems started afterwards. She can not get the same task bar back up. The mouse/touchpad works fine in normal use and completes some of the actions required in the various games, but has now stopped doing a few, unfortunately, vital actions.

I have updated the drivers.

Can anyone suggest a way of resolving this.

Many thanks.

Andy.

:)

ANDREWKvq, Feb 23, 2021

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Feb 23, 2021
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Mouse Help

Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Mouse Help

1. Mouse Help - Similar Threads - Mouse Help

2. My taskbar is missing. If I move the mouse over it I get the spinning circle. Please help,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar is missing. If I move the mouse over it I get the spinning circle. Please help,...: I have Windows 11, version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3447I have tried everything I can find to fix the issue. When I open task manager, there is no apps running except for task manager. Explorer does not show for it to be restarted, even when I 'run new task' and turn explorer on...
  3. My taskbar is missing. If I move the mouse over it I get the spinning circle. Please help,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar is missing. If I move the mouse over it I get the spinning circle. Please help,...: I have Windows 11, version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3447I have tried everything I can find to fix the issue. When I open task manager, there is no apps running except for task manager. Explorer does not show for it to be restarted, even when I 'run new task' and turn explorer on...
  4. My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help: My sister messed up my computer and now my cursor is slow and even at max speed its still slow, please help i have tried to fix it with google and nothing will work, does updating my pc fix it??? Help!...
  5. My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help

My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help: My sister messed up my computer and now my cursor is slow and even at max speed its still slow, please help i have tried to fix it with google and nothing will work, does updating my pc fix it??? Help!...
  6. My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Help. These Icons keep appearing and if I hover over them with my mouse they dissappear....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help. These Icons keep appearing and if I hover over them with my mouse they dissappear....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CollectionHelpful205 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1bnkh0t/help_these_icons_keep_appearing_and_if_i_hover/
  8. Help! My laptop mouse and trackpad are giving me a tough time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! My laptop mouse and trackpad are giving me a tough time: My mouse moves across the screen even when I do not touch it. My trackpad left and right buttons do not work I've tried to see if it was enabled and it was, I've done troubleshooting and updated the drives and still the same problem persists I've tried all the advice I've...
  9. Help! My laptop mouse and trackpad are giving me a tough time

Help! My laptop mouse and trackpad are giving me a tough time: My mouse moves across the screen even when I do not touch it. My trackpad left and right buttons do not work I've tried to see if it was enabled and it was, I've done troubleshooting and updated the drives and still the same problem persists I've tried all the advice I've...
  10. I need help connecting my Sculpt ergonomic keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help connecting my Sculpt ergonomic keyboard and mouse: My sculpt ergonomic keyboard and mouse didn't come with a USB for connection. Can I use one that I already have? Or is there a way to order a new one?...